Harry Potter! Can't Wait...

I have never read the books.... but I wish I had because the movies are awesome and the books can only be better. But unfortunately, saw the movies first and once that happens for me it gets really hard for me to pick up the book. But I'm excited anyway...
  • Site Administrator

I never would have read the books but my uncle gave me his copy to borrow when I couldn't do anything but read. I have to admit to going to the midnight party at a bookstore in order to get Deathly Hallows. Of course I took it home and read it all night until it was done before I could sleep :P I wait to see the movies when they come out on dvd and I can buy them however. But yeah, I own those too. I'm a geek as well ;)

I have to admit to going to the midnight party at a bookstore in order to get Deathly Hallows.

Goodness gracious, Cia. I didn't know you were such a loser. I mean, who in their right mind would stand in line for two hours in the freezing cold just to read such a silly book?

...sigh.

I went to the party for the fourth and sixth book :)

The sixth film dissapointed me in relation to the book but it was a good interpretation :) Best interpretation of the book was the 5th film :)

They were very good with the designs, different to how i imagined it but still brilliant. The Hall where the prophecies were stored was completely different to my vision :)

Really looking forward to how they are going to end the first movie and where. I think i know where would be appropriate :)

• Site Administrator

Goodness gracious, Cia. I didn't know you were such a loser. I mean, who in their right mind would stand in line for two hours in the freezing cold just to read such a silly book?

...sigh.

Somone who isn't smart :P I went to the wrist bracelet give away in the morning so that I didn't have to wait around :P I was one of the first 100 people to get my book and I didn't have to wait in any line ;) And hello, it's the Pac NW, it's just rain silly.

... And hello, it's the Pac NW, it's just rain silly.

Thank the current deity it isn't snow. *shutter*

Fantastic looking trailer. Only about 5 months to wait.

And a movie in two parts yet! A one year cliff-hanger... unless you've read the book of course :)

I'm sorry people. But SOME things in life really ARE black and white.

Whether you like them or hate them, the Harry Potter books and movies are AMAZINGLY creative. Harry even puts Frodo to shame!

Somone who isn't smart :P I went to the wrist bracelet give away in the morning so that I didn't have to wait around :P I was one of the first 100 people to get my book and I didn't have to wait in any line ;) And hello, it's the Pac NW, it's just rain silly.

I got mine from a friend who has an uncle that owns a big bookstore here. I got it a few hours before the midnight release. :D

i pre-orded the 5th,6th and 7th book so i didnt have to wait in line :P

but now that ive read all the books so many times, i cant watch the movies without pointing out all the things that were wrong in the film, the 6th film was the least like the book in my opinion

but i cant wait to see the new film!!!!! to bad it always come out a few weeks later in australia then the rest of the world :thumbdown:

I watched the first three movies before reading the books. It only made me appreciate the books more. After that, I can't enjoy the movies nearly as much because they are good, but just don't hold up to the books.

I'm pretty annoyed that they're splitting it into two films. If they could cut down Order of the Phoenix to one film they can do it for Deathly Hallows. It's obviously just a money grab for Hollywood.

I'm pretty annoyed that they're splitting it into two films. If they could cut down Order of the Phoenix to one film they can do it for Deathly Hallows. It's obviously just a money grab for Hollywood.

Actually, I really liked it that they split it into two movies. It just means that the ending to one of my favorite series is twice as long as it could have been if it was just one movie. It means twice as much detail to see and appreciate. I'd rather they extend than cut out scenes to make it fit into one movie.

I'm going to spend an extra $3-$4 for an extra 1.5-2 hrs of cinematic fun? Count me in! :D

What I don't like though is the huge gap between the two movies. So many months to be spent waiting for the next part. :thumbdown:

I'm really looking forward to it myself. I agree with several of yall, I hope by splitting it they stay closer to the book as I think they could ahve cut out some of the teenage-angst-melow drama from the last one to keep things more inline with the original story, (not that it wasn't good for what it was),

I read the first four HP books shortly before the release of the first HP movie. I still prefer the books. If you like the movies, I highly recommend reading the books.

I am actually still trying to finish reading 6 and 7 LOL. But there isn't the same level of wonder anymore. I'm too old :[ The popularity generated by the movies kinda ruined it a bit and the darker tones of the later books is a bit off-putting. But it's still fun.

The sixth film dissapointed me in relation to the book but it was a good interpretation :) Best interpretation of the book was the 5th film :)

The fifth film is my fav as well. Especially Luna, Evanna Lynch is brilliant!! But I enjoyed the sixth as well.

The trailer for this one looks good. I wonder where the first part will end. I think that the best place would be when they arrive at Shell Cottage as this is the only real break in the action.