Harry Potter! Can't Wait...

• Site Administrator

So... I saw it... in IMAX. 50 ft tall Daniel Radcliffe unclothed... twice.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :worship: :worship: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So... I saw it... in IMAX. 50 ft tall Daniel Radcliffe unclothed... twice.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :worship: :worship: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:lol:............3 times, if you count that mist scene! Saw it today too, some scenes were a bit long and seemingly unnecessary. Molvoy and father seemed to be scared shitless in what little scenes they were in. But all in all, I thought it was one of the better movies in this saga.

• Site Administrator

I forgot about the naked Harry scene... because it had a naked Hermione. and it was CG... :P

I forgot about the naked Harry scene... because it had a naked Hermione. and it was CG... :P

Actually, they say it was real and that Radcliffe and Watson didn't know how undressed they would be until the day before the shoot. Watson wore a strapless bra and it was painted to add to the shimmer effect, but both were nearly naked.

MTV on Harry & Hermoine

• Like 2

I found Daniel Radcliffe's hairy Harry kinda cute and I am not usually someone who likes a lot of body hair (since all my friends and I shave), but based on the photos I've seen from Equus, our first date would so be a shaving party in the tub.

• Like 1

It was pretty good, but I didn't like how the director handled some of the scenes in the book. He either go rid of some of them, cut them down to ruin the moment (Dobby's Death), or utterly failed with the liberties he has to take to transfer HP. They focused so much on our famous trio that there wasn't a lot of development with our secondary characters, something that may negatively affect Part 2. Personally, I could of gone without the last~ 20 sec of that mist scene...

I loved the aerial fight scenes, well pretty much all the action was better than in HBP, I liked the all the awkward moments with Harry, him dancing with Hermoine, the psuedo-Harrys, and the development of the main characters showed up well on screen.

In a way they were better off putting these parts together, it's BS about them wanting to preserve quality, they wanted money. I wonder how many HP fans would be willing to sit through the two-parts with an intermission in between?

It was pretty good, but I didn't like how the director handled some of the scenes in the book. He either go rid of some of them, cut them down to ruin the moment (Dobby's Death), or utterly failed with the liberties he has to take to transfer HP. They focused so much on our famous trio that there wasn't a lot of development with our secondary characters, something that may negatively affect Part 2. Personally, I could of gone without the last~ 20 sec of that mist scene...

I loved the aerial fight scenes, well pretty much all the action was better than in HBP, I liked the all the awkward moments with Harry, him dancing with Hermoine, the psuedo-Harrys, and the development of the main characters showed up well on screen.

In a way they were better off putting these parts together, it's BS about them wanting to preserve quality, they wanted money. I wonder how many HP fans would be willing to sit through the two-parts with an intermission in between?

I think the point of splitting them up was that they needed 5 hours to do the movie justice, and movie theaters don't like it when a movie goes over 3 hours :D

Edit: And the logistics of releasing both part 1 and 2 at the same time would have been... insupportable.

Edited by Rilbur

I'm a big fan of HP and subsequently, Daniel Radcliffe - especially when he takes his clothes off! I was a bit disappointed by the movie though. It seemed to gloss over or omit too much of the story. I look forward to part two.

I think the point of splitting them up was that they needed 5 hours to do the movie justice, and movie theaters don't like it when a movie goes over 3 hours :D

Edit: And the logistics of releasing both part 1 and 2 at the same time would have been... insupportable.

Thats a bit different view than when Ben Hur or the Ten Commandments was released. They had a ten minute intermission ... great for the concession stands ... and relief break ... the ushers would have fun telling the audience that intermission is ending ... those were the fun days ... I bet its a similar thing with long live theater shows too and they did like to promote the shows memorabilia.

The logistics could be worked out as more of a promotional time for the selling HP stuff ... for increase profits of each theater

but since they didn;t take that approach .. then they fall back to promoting the HP theme park instead.

hehe I would'nt mind some butterbeer and other HP munchies to eat during the movie

I'm a big fan of HP and subsequently, Daniel Radcliffe - especially when he takes his clothes off! I was a bit disappointed by the movie though. It seemed to gloss over or omit too much of the story. I look forward to part two.

What !! They didn't show how Hairy he is??

teenage-girls-would-rather-be-potter-sidekick-hermione-than-cheryl-cole

A survey has revealed that the Harry Potter character played by Emma Watson is teenage girls’ biggest role model, surpassing popstars Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry

the-moment-hermione-sees-harry-in-an-all-new-leather-clad-light.do

Posted Image

What's emma thinking

Posted Image

• 4 months later...

I have never read the books.... but I wish I had because the movies are awesome and the books can only be better. But unfortunately, saw the movies first and once that happens for me it gets really hard for me to pick up the book. But I'm excited anyway...

I'm looking forward to it too :P That Dan radcliff is dayum fine :P I've seen the naked parts too thanks to Equus :) whEN's the movie out in theathres?

I'm sorry people. But SOME things in life really ARE black and white.

Whether you like them or hate them, the Harry Potter books and movies are AMAZINGLY creative. Harry even puts Frodo to shame!

NO WAY!

To compare these 2 is almost sacrilegious! The Lord of the Rings, IMO, is perhaps one of the most magical series of books you'll ever read in your life. The movies I believe don't do them justice but are spectacular none the less, and yeah I'm going into geek mode! :P

Don't get me wrong, I love the genius of the HP books and films, but for me LOTR sits way out in front - on a pedestal of its own - and totally untouchable. :king:

• Like 1

NO WAY!

To compare these 2 is almost sacrilegious! The Lord of the Rings, IMO, is perhaps one of the most magical series of books you'll ever read in your life. The movies I believe don't do them justice but are spectacular none the less, and yeah I'm going into geek mode! :P

Don't get me wrong, I love the genius of the HP books and films, but for me LOTR sits way out in front - on a pedestal of its own - and totally untouchable. :king:

I'm not saying that Lord of the Rings was bad - in fact, without them, Rowling may never have been inspired to write HP. Rings is probably the greatest piece of writing the world will ever know. In part, because it was the first time the world was ever given anything like it. Lord of the Rings is just not as easily experienced as HP. Tolkien was a linguist and invented a language that he almost requires his readers to learn in order to follow the plot.

History owes Tolkien a deep bow of gratitude. He set the bar very high for all that follow.

When I was 13, I took the first volume of the Lord of the Rings out of a small library. I read it in a day and took the second volume out. I finish that in a day and took the third book out and finished that in a day. It is the only book that I have read a number of times, I still have a copy by my bed. It is a fascinating story and is the best because of it was the first.

The Harry Potter series was remarkable because it got kids to read again. Kids that were interested only in games programs start to read again. I think that it is simple and concentrates in one main and a small number of supporting characters, whilst the lord of the Rings is complicated and has a number of major character. But they are aimed at a different audience. Even back in my days of yore, I was remarkable in enjoying Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter aimed at the teenage audience it is superb.

Compared to some of the copys of LOTR they are gold compared to trash.

The fifth film is my fav as well. Especially Luna, Evanna Lynch is brilliant!! But I enjoyed the sixth as well.

The trailer for this one looks good. I wonder where the first part will end. I think that the best place would be when they arrive at Shell Cottage as this is the only real break in the action.

I agree she was fantastical!

• 1 month later...