Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 39 : Lost & Found

Will Bes (the Bringer of Joy) bring joy, in order to lift Trevor's spirits?

I don't think relying on Egyptian mythology is the best way for Trevor to go here....unless he calls his handgun Bes. :2hands:

Well, Joel has got his plumbing all cleared out. 3 times even. :2thumbs:

I was hoping that Joel would find the hidden listening devices when looking for Lisa's ring in the guest house. Wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Trevor's car sounds like a real dream machine. :lmao: Mind you, it worked when Joel's didn't.

So there's another vessel that looks pretty much like Atlantis? Will the thugs plant the bomb on the wrong boat? Seems too obvious though for a CJ adventure plot. A red herring, methinks. Mind you, if it saves Trevor's ass, I'm all for it! 0:)

Good chapter CJ.

I hope Connor is correct about the thugs mixing up the boats with the bomb if it does make it to the boat.

What are the odds of anchoring next to another boat from Florida. I'm guessing the next chapter will end with a big cliff hanger.

B)............. I think the cock tail party will be the most interesting part in the upcoming chapter! Trevor is going to meet some interesting people or 'someone'. Lot's of information, friends and maybe some companionship on the ride into Australia. Poor Bes, will forget to turn on his A/C in his apartment, oh well he wanted to see Allah anyways! Will the recordings of Joel and Lisa inspire Bridget and George? I need to re-read for some clues here, this was just to mild of a chapter!! :lol:

B)............. I think the cock tail party will be the most interesting part in the upcoming chapter! Trevor is going to meet some interesting people or 'someone'. Lot's of information, friends and maybe some companionship on the ride into Australia. Poor Bes, will forget to turn on his A/C in his apartment, oh well he wanted to see Allah anyways! Will the recordings of Joel and Lisa inspire Bridget and George? I need to re-read for some clues here, this was just to mild of a chapter!! :lol:

:lol:......... Haha, I

Actually I don't know if the bomb will make it that far. The dynamite is already beginning to sweat nitroglycerin and since he's now uncovered it and put it in a steel can (propane tank) that should cause the problem to get worse. Any impact of the liquid nitro will set it off and very likely set the bomb off as well. It may never even reach the docks. Depends on how rough the road they have to travel on is I'd imagine.

The question is, will Bes get mixed up and put the bomb on Atlantis or Talon?

If Bes doesn't read the name of the boat and go by general looks and both have american flags - its possible

Actually I don't know if the bomb will make it that far. The dynamite is already beginning to sweat nitroglycerin and since he's now uncovered it and put it in a steel can (propane tank) that should cause the problem to get worse. Any impact of the liquid nitro will set it off and very likely set the bomb off as well. It may never even reach the docks. Depends on how rough the road they have to travel on is I'd imagine.

Hehehe - we hope it blows the bad guy on the way there - its like did the think about heat

Now if this goes off on land - could it generate some - bomb scare and cause difficulty for Trev crossing

or would it be a welcome distraction

I prefer it blowup the bakish or the crooks that run around like would they steal gas containers?

The question is, will Bes get mixed up and put the bomb on Ares or Talon?

Ares? Probably not. :P

Joel probably thinks he's the luckiest guy on earth. I mean some person less scrupulous than Bridget might have just kept the little trinket she found.

Joel probably thinks he's the luckiest guy on earth. I mean some person less scrupulous than Bridget might have just kept the little trinket she found.

B)......... Worked two-fold didn't it? Joel trust's Bridget, and Bridget doesn't have the bugs discovered. She was right there because she knew Joel would be searching that guest house for the ring.

B)......... Worked two-fold didn't it? Joel trust's Bridget, and Bridget doesn't have the bugs discovered. She was right there because she knew Joel would be searching that guest house for the ring.

Bridget wanted to get DNA samples of Lisa and Joel - she came to a clean room

• Site Administrator

Bes, Talon, Eric, Thaddeus, nitro, bombs, boats, etc.......How can you guys even be thinking about that stuff :o :o :o :o

There is a major scene in this chapter that has forever smeared Joels name. Here's why:

It would be fair to say we all detest Brigette and George for many things, but mostly because they are drug smugglers. Note, smugglers. Now the goat has put Joel in the same boat as them by making him a diamond smuggler into the US :o .

So lets not get :off: with talk about bombs and boats and such and stick to the fact that Joel is now a felon. Hmmm, I wonder what the statue of limitatons of smuggling is in the US? AH HA!!! Maybe this is the clue we have been looking for :P

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM Posted by BenjiB)............. I think the cock tail party will be the most interesting part in the upcoming chapter! Trevor is going to meet some interesting people or 'someone'. Lot's of information, friends and maybe some companionship on the ride into Australia. Poor Bes, will forget to turn on his A/C in his apartment, oh well he wanted to see Allah anyways! Will the recordings of Joel and Lisa inspire Bridget and George? I need to re-read for some clues here, this was just to mild of a chapter!! :lol:

Benji, is this a freudian slip or are you suggesting that there may be some fun aboard Eric's dick deck ?? :P

Edited by wildone

Benji, is this a freudian slip or are you suggesting that there may be some fun aboard Eric's dick deck ?? :P

B)................ Nope, was waiting for someone to catch that!! :lmao: I'm thinking of Trevor's next leg of the voyage and thinking he will meet someone at the cocktail party to continue the voyage here! Perhaps an unwanted 3rd wheel aboard the ill-fated Talon? Someone Trevor can console if needed? Ah, if this Eric serves tequlia to any of his guests, who knows what can happen!!! :boy:

• Site Moderator

Let's not forget, there's a 50/50 chance of the bomb being placed on the Talon. Would I want to see Talon blown up? Not really. Would I sacrifice Talon to save Trevor? That remains to be seen.

Gosh I don't relish to be trying to do the transit ... with the crazy red tape and the looking for bribes - like if u didn't bring enough - your screwed

The red tape is kind of mind boggling, and the Baksheesh problem worse.

I've never done a transit of the Suez on a yacht, only by cruise ship (So I didn't see a lot of what Trevor has to hassle with) but to get the Suez transit right, I read a heck of a lot of first-hand accounts of yacht transits, and they mesh well with what I did experience there myself.

I don't think relying on Egyptian mythology is the best way for Trevor to go here....unless he calls his handgun Bes. :2hands:

Well, Joel has got his plumbing all cleared out. 3 times even. :2thumbs:

I was hoping that Joel would find the hidden listening devices when looking for Lisa's ring in the guest house. Wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Trevor's car sounds like a real dream machine. :lmao: Mind you, it worked when Joel's didn't.

So there's another vessel that looks pretty much like Atlantis? Will the thugs plant the bomb on the wrong boat? Seems too obvious though for a CJ adventure plot. A red herring, methinks. Mind you, if it saves Trevor's ass, I'm all for it! 0:)

Yep, Trevor's car is... colorful. LoL! A rolling wreck. As Joel said earlier in the story, he could sell it and get himself that hamburger he's always wanted.

So, now we come down to the greatest tension in the story: Will Joel be able to sell Trevor's car, or not?

Good chapter CJ.

I hope Connor is correct about the thugs mixing up the boats with the bomb if it does make it to the boat.

What are the odds of anchoring next to another boat from Florida. I'm guessing the next chapter will end with a big cliff hanger.

That bomb could indeed blow up at any time.

Cliffhanger? :blink: In one of my stories? :blink: But I'm known for my total avoidance of anything that even remotely resembles a cliffhanger. 0:)

Yes indeed, there are a few interesting characters at the party. ;)

Bridget and George... They did seem to be inspired to some flirtatious banter.

Bridget sat at her writing desk, in her formal study, drumming her fingers on the rich mahogany.

Huummmm!! Shades of an Eric and a Reverend Thaddeus??

The procedure is the yachts (all types) transit in a convoy, and there is one per day. I've seen them forming up at the other end of the canal for a transit to the Med, every kind you can imagine. :)

As for Mr. Rotide... I'll have a comment about that shady character at the end of my post.

The question is, will Bes get mixed up and put the bomb on Atlantis or Talon?

Poor Bes, he does seem to be coming across unfavorably... I'm not sure why; I thought people would love a character with a name that means "Bringer of Joy". Doesn't he just make you want to smile? :D

You're right; that bomb could go off at any time. It could go off with jostling, a bump, or just a drop big enough to fall forming.

If Bes doesn't read the name of the boat and go by general looks and both have american flags - its possible

Hehehe - we hope it blows the bad guy on the way there - its like did the think about heat

Now if this goes off on land - could it generate some - bomb scare and cause difficulty for Trev crossing

or would it be a welcome distraction

I prefer it blowup the bakish or the crooks that run around like would they steal gas containers?

Bes can read the emails from Sanchez, so which are shown to be in English, so there's nothing to worry about; Bes can read English. :)

Exactly... See? Bridget isn't so bad.

Worked two-fold didn't it? Joel trust's Bridget, and Bridget doesn't have the bugs discovered. She was right there because she knew Joel would be searching that guest house for the ring.

Exactly! Bridget certainly won Joel's trust, and now Bridget knows that Joel is going to propose to Lisa. :wub:

Bes, Talon, Eric, Thaddeus, nitro, bombs, boats, etc.......How can you guys even be thinking about that stuff

There is a major scene in this chapter that has forever smeared Joels name. Here's why:

It would be fair to say we all detest Brigette and George for many things, but mostly because they are drug smugglers. Note, smugglers. Now the goat has put Joel in the same boat as them by making him a diamond smuggler into the US :o .

So lets not get :off: with talk about bombs and boats and such and stick to the fact that Joel is now a felon. Hmmm, I wonder what the statue of limitatons of smuggling is in the US? AH HA!!! Maybe this is the clue we have been looking for :P

Wildone! How can you be so mean to poor Joel? He and Trevor did try to find out what the rules were, only to discover that they were so convoluted as to be incomprehensible (this is true then, and now. The rules used are so arcane as to be incomprehensible.) Besides, it's his ring, so I think he's right not to want to have to subject himself to who knows how much tax. :P

B)................ Nope, was waiting for someone to catch that!! :lmao: I'm thinking of Trevor's next leg of the voyage and thinking he will meet someone at the cocktail party to continue the voyage here! Perhaps an unwanted 3rd wheel aboard the ill-fated Talon? Someone Trevor can console if needed? Ah, if this Eric serves tequlia to any of his guests, who knows what can happen!!! :boy:

Yes, this Eric Rotide is a mysterious one, isn't he?

Thaddeus... that does seem to evoke the fundie fire-breathing minister from FTL, Thaddeus J. Emoe... And Eric, of course, was the reverend's out of wedlock son (though we wouldn't want to call poor misunderstood Eric of FTL a bastard, now would we?). And Thaddeus is out of Jacksonville... Hrmmm!!

And hrmm, Rotide is heading for a literary convention.. perhaps we're not looking at this Rotide character right? Perhaps, in order to understand, we need to look at this Rotide backwards? (and yes, that is a clue!!!! Can anyone get it?)

Oh, and before I forget, the next chapter is titled "A Package from Home". :)

Yes, this Eric Rotide is a mysterious one, isn't he?

Thaddeus... that does seem to evoke the fundie fire-breathing minister from FTL, Thaddeus J. Emoe... And Eric, of course, was the reverend's out of wedlock son (though we wouldn't want to call poor misunderstood Eric of FTL a bastard, now would we?). And Thaddeus is out of Jacksonville... Hrmmm!!

And hrmm, Rotide is heading for a literary convention.. perhaps we're not looking at this Rotide character right? Perhaps, in order to understand, we need to look at this Rotide backwards? (and yes, that is a clue!!!! Can anyone get it?)

Oh, and before I forget, the next chapter is titled "A Package from Home". :)

B)..............Hmmmm! Editor eh!!

Oh, well the title of your next chapter has given it away that Trevor will make it through the canal alive. Seeing the the package from home is his new rock satellite phone from dad, and he picks that up in the red sea after transit through the canal.

Edited by Benji

B)..............Hmmmm! Editor eh!!

Oh, well the title of your next chapter has given it away that Trevor will make it through the canal alive. Seeing the the package from home is his new rock satellite phone from dad, and he picks that up in the red sea after transit through the canal.

Yep, you got it! Rotide, is, oh so coincidentally, Editor spelled backawards. And where is our Editor, Emoe, from? Jacksonville, Florida! Coincidence, I think not! And he's en route to a literary convention!!! But... is this his first appearance? Or did he have something to do with the destruction of the Ares???

Yes, your spoiler is one interpretation, and could well be valid... but... here's another interpretation; isn't the device currently in the possession of Bes (the Bringer of Joy) also a package from home? Part of it is from his father's shop, and it was sent by Bridget as a going-away present for Trevor. Bridget is in Ft. Pierce, which is home for Trevor... So maybe the Bringer of Joy is bringing Trevor a package from home? :ph34r:

• Site Moderator

Notice how CJ is bringing his team into the story. We know Trevor is heading to Australia, we've had mention of a frog along with the mention of a dangerous goat path. Now an editor comes in along with a boat with the name Talon. And we don't know who the owner of that boat is yet.

Notice how CJ is bringing his team into the story. We know Trevor is heading to Australia, we've had mention of a frog along with the mention of a dangerous goat path. Now an editor comes in along with a boat with the name Talon. And we don't know who the owner of that boat is yet.

We shall, in a few hours. 0:)

Not to mention Eric from Jacksonville... :-)

Yep, the enigmatic Mr. Rotide... en route to a literary convention. :ph34r:

The next chapter, posting in about ten hours, is "A Package From Home".

Will Bes live up to his name and bring Joy? :read:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..