Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

I am currently obsessed with Nicholas Galitzine. Any fancast ideas, folks?

I wanted Wade Danfield, but Mark pointed out (rightfully) that Nicholas has too much of an Eastern European/Russian look to him to fully embody Wade "WASP" Danfield. I mean, I can see it, but let's think up other roles for him! Maybe he can be a Soviet agent or something when Mark gets around to re-working A Summer Love. LOL

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mark Arbour said:

What do you think about Jacob Elordi as a Brad/Will model?

I can get into that. Dude does intensity well, and he's handsome, but not in a bland, cookie cutter way.

Always thought that Jacob Elordi reminded me of a younger, taller Matt Dillon.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
On 8/31/2023 at 1:20 AM, Mark Arbour said:

What do you think about Jacob Elordi as a Brad/Will model?

I have to ask @PrivateTim though...do you feel like punching this face and calling him a manwhore?9baa4b469e5837adbebc14b22ec302c6.jpg

If so, Jacob's perfect.

In all seriousness, I do actually really like this, Mark. Jacob is very tall and lanky yet muscular, which feels right for Brad/Will. He's also very handsome, but not in a cookie-cutter, Hallmark stud kind of way. That also feels right. And he can do intense very, very well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Another of Jacob Elordi...I can totally pretend this is Will after a night of debauchery. LOL

It's for a movie he's doing called Saltburn, where he plays an aristocratic spoiled rich boy in 2006 England.

Rosamund Pike plays his mother, and I was thinking, "You know, this could work for Claire." She does that haughty, nose-in-the-air beauty type well. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, impunity said:

@methodwriter85 I cannot picture Will reading Harry Potter. Haha. 

I just remembered that it was a plot point in Millennium that Robbie becomes a producer for the first movie adaption of Harry Potter. I think we had Will suggesting it, actually. Even if that isn't true, Will probably would have read the book anyway in 2000-2001 given the popularity of it and everybody being excited about the movie adaption. 

Although I'd see JJ as being more likely a hardcore fan because Mark has consistently written JJ as being a bit of a dork. LOL Alisdar? Toooottttallly into Harry Potter.

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Troye Sivan for Mouse? He has that kind cheerful oddball energy that I could see with Mouse, and someone I can see cycling through a lot of different trendy looks. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Troye Sivan for Mouse? He has that kind cheerful oddball energy that I could see with Mouse, and someone I can see cycling through a lot of different trendy looks. 

I can see that.  Although I think he’s a bit tall for Mouse, no?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mark Arbour said:

I'm not feeling it. 

Hmm. 

3 hours ago, impunity said:

I picture Wade with straight, light brown hair. No idea if that's how Mark described him. 

Nicholas Galitzine fits that, but according to Mark he looks too Slavic. Lol I did really like Wade for Nicholas Galitzine because he's actually descended from nobility.

Maybe he can be a hot dude Will meets in college.

OIP.jpg.8d153648063e5039363bd2379d4f39e0.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Hmm. 

Nicholas Galitzine fits that, but according to Mark he looks too Slavic. Lol I did really like Wade for Nicholas Galitzine because he's actually descended from nobility.

Maybe he can be a hot dude Will meets in college.

OIP.jpg.8d153648063e5039363bd2379d4f39e0.jpg

I can see Galitzine as a good likeness of K-Kris in NYC. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2023 at 1:39 AM, Mark Arbour said:

I can see Galitzine as a good likeness of K-Kris in NYC. 

Is that the one that Carullo was hooking up with and hit on JJ? That would make a good recurring character. 

Edited by methodwriter85
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Is that the one that Tony was hooking up with and hit on JJ? That would make a good recurring character. 

He's the guy with the fake Rolex that Will met when he went to the bar with Chris Mendoza (GY ch. 24). 

Although this is how Mark described him: "This guy was blond and had nice blue eyes, looking like a stereotypical German."

Edit: So who was the guy Tony was hooking up with who hit on JJ? I have no memory of that one. 

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1
On 11/16/2023 at 8:59 PM, impunity said:

Edit: So who was the guy Tony was hooking up with who hit on JJ? I have no memory of that one. 

It was somewhere in Black Widow before Carullo moves to Connecticut. JJ and this guy who is Tony's fun buddy kind of vent about Tony (I think in the Italian restaurant they frequented a lot in that book) and then start flirting with each other before deciding to not go there.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

It was somewhere in Black Widow before Tony moves to Connecticut. JJ and this guy kind of vent about Tony (I think in the Italian restaurant they frequented a lot in that book) and then start flirting with each other before deciding to not go there.

Are you sure that wasn't Carullo and the other guy he was dating? I don't remember Tony's being in NYC but I could be wrong.

Edit: Luka? 

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

I meant Carullo. Whoops. I can't imagine that JJ would ever actually hook up with Tony, because he knows how much drama Will had with Tony. Zach would probably also be off-limits to JJ.

I could see Alisdair being a mutual hook-up, though. I'm keeping up hope Alisdair shows up.

I think Will and JJ are eskimo brothers with John Hobart and Carullo, right? JJ tried to flirt with Patrick Christian but that didn't happen.

Wait, didn't Will also hook up with Alex? I definitely remember him flirting with Alex. Alex might have wanted Will as the whore to JJ's Madonna. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..