Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

• 3 weeks later...

My general Claire fancast is Reese Witherspoon because she nails that uptight WASP thing/prom queen in middle age vibe.

spacer.png

spacer.png

My general Jack fancast is James Marsden because I have no problem believing that Brad would constantly describe him as pretty. Still looks damn good in middle age.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I’m not seeing Reece. Her features aren’t pointy enough. Maybe Meg Ryan?  Or Kaitlynn Olsen?

If Jack is John’s father, we have to backfill a bit since John’s supposed to look like Colton Haynes. 

Edited by Mark Arbour
13 hours ago, Mark Arbour said:

I’m not seeing Reece. Her features aren’t pointy enough. Maybe Meg Ryan?  Or Kaitlynn Olsen?

If Jack is John’s father, we have to backfill a bit since John’s supposed to look like Colton Haynes. 

Kaitlin Olsen works for me. I used to watch It's Always Sunny with my stoner friend Steve way back when.

Didn't know you pictured Claire with pointy features. I just remembered you describing her as a short blonde with big boobs. LOL

I had Ian Somerhalder as a previous Jack fancast but I leaned towards James Marsden more recently. Matt Bomer would work as well. (He has more of the square jaw that Colton Haynes has.)

If I go with my High School Jack fancast it would be Zac Efron, but his face changed a lot. LOL

Edited by methodwriter85

I've always pictured Isidore as Anne Bancroft (RIP) She exuded that warm, earthy sensuality and intelligent/classy vibe I've pictured with Isidore. 

That hair flip? What a star!

I don't have any memory of Mark describing Claire's beau but I'll go with Jeremy Piven because he's so good at playing a weasel. LOL

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Dylan Sprouse (aka my JJ pick) is doing the bad boy thing for some cheesy teen flick.

This feels like what would happen if JJ got possessed by Darius with bits of Will thrown in. LOL

• Like 1

Madelyn Cline for Taylor Buck? Mark described her basically as a hot girl with fake blonde hair. 

spacer.png

She's got a great doll-like face. She reminds me of the girls that my straight guy friends used to drool over in Maxim Magazine when people still read magazines.

• Like 1
On 3/12/2023 at 3:20 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I've always pictured Isidore as Anne Bancroft (RIP) She exuded that warm, earthy sensuality and intelligent/classy vibe I've pictured with Isidore. 

That hair flip? What a star!

I don't have any memory of Mark describing Claire's beau but I'll go with Jeremy Piven because he's so good at playing a weasel. LOL

Jeremy Piven is spot on and so is Ann Bancroft. 

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Madelyn Cline for Taylor Buck? Mark described her basically as a hot girl with fake blonde hair. 

spacer.png

She's got a great doll-like face. She reminds me of the girls that my straight guy friends used to drool over in Maxim Magazine when people still read magazines.

I visualized Taylor as having a less pear shaped face, but I can see that. 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:18 PM, Mark Arbour said:

Jeremy Piven is spot on and so is Ann Bancroft. 

I visualized Taylor as having a less pear shaped face, but I can see that. 

My original thought was Olivia Wilde, but she looks like a natural blonde and Madelyn looks more obviously fake.

I also had Anya Taylor Joy in mind if you wanted to go for serious bleach, but she has that high fashion model look and I don't think that's what you were going for. Zach would be dating someone more American Eagle like. She looks more like someone JJ and Darius would date.

She does look like she could be a bitchy socialite that JJ is best friends with. LOL

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Asher Angel's face on a 6'2" body would make a pretty solid Will, I think. The green eyes and the dimples are perfection.

opoyi_OxZDqqQ65.jpg

Unfortunately most actors that are either teenagers or play them are short. It's funny when you look at photos of Robert Pattinson with the Harry Potter cast and he absolutely towers over them.

Edited by methodwriter85
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Asher Angel's face on a 6'2" body would make a pretty solid Will, I think. The green eyes and the dimples are perfection.

opoyi_OxZDqqQ65.jpg

Unfortunately most actors that are either teenagers or play them are short. It's funny when you look at photos of Robert Pattinson with the Harry Potter cast and he absolutely towers over them.

I can totally see that, but give him a slightly lighter complexion.

2 hours ago, Mark Arbour said:

I can totally see that, but give him a slightly lighter complexion.

Isn't he supposed to be a surfer? It's also the 2000's- tanning was very, very in. I had a friend Brian in 2004 who obviously used a tanning salon in the winter but refused to admit it. LOL

But yeah, Asher looks less tan here:

spacer.png

One thing I've noticed about teenagers/early 20-somethings is that they don't seem as attached to tanning like my peers were when we were their age. I guess that's a good thing? 

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching Night Agent on Netflix and liked this actor's look for Darius.

spacer.png

I mean, whatever, it's fun coming up with ethnically ambiguous good-looking guys with a Mr. Cool vibe to play Darius. LOL 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

James Bond for Curtis Buck? He looks like he could the asshole patriarch of a rich family.

spacer.png

I did picture Terry Serpico from Army Wives as well. There's a general look I'm thinking of- a natural blond with bright blue eyes and that ruddy complexion they get from living in California.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
On 4/19/2023 at 1:31 AM, methodwriter85 said:

James Bond for Curtis Buck? He looks like he could the asshole patriarch of a rich family.

spacer.png

I did picture Terry Serpico from Army Wives as well. There's a general look I'm thinking of- a natural blond with bright blue eyes and that ruddy complexion they get from living in California.

I didn't picture him so handsome. Maybe because he's such an evil bastard. Haha. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, impunity said:

I didn't picture him so handsome. Maybe because he's such an evil bastard. Haha. 

If you want less handsome (but still the type I'm thinking of) Anthony Michael Hall works.

I think Curt was described as being kind of chunky so AMH might be a better pick than James Bond, in all honesty.

I also had Terry Serpico in mind. He's not a really a name, but you probably recognize him from something.

Edited by methodwriter85
41 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

If you want less handsome (but still the type I'm thinking of) Anthony Michael Hall works.

I think Curt was described as being kind of chunky so AMH might be a better pick than James Bond, in all honesty.

I also had Terry Serpico in mind. He's not a really a name, but you probably recognize him from something.

From chapter 47:

"I turned to see Curtis Buck strolling toward us. He was about 5’10” tall, with gray hair and a stocky body that made him look solid, not fat. He looked like a caricature of what you’d expect a communist to draw when they thought of an American capitalist pig."

AMH is closer to what I was imagining. I think Terry Serpico might still be too in hot/in shape for Curtis.

You're probably overestimating my ability to recognize people. I think I have some kind of facial agnosia. All actors pretty much look the same to me. 🙂

Nicky.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1
On 4/7/2023 at 9:22 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I was watching Night Agent on Netflix and liked this actor's look for Darius.

spacer.png

I mean, whatever, it's fun coming up with ethnically ambiguous good-looking guys with a Mr. Cool vibe to play Darius. LOL 

I’m not seeing this one. He looks Indian, while we need someone who’s a blend of Persian and Germanic. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Mark Arbour said:

I’m not seeing this one. He looks Indian, while we need someone who’s a blend of Persian and Germanic. 

LOL I am never going to find a Darius. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..