Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

His name's Brendan Dooling. He's only really been in a few things; I think I came across him while checking out Austin Butler's IMDB profile. They're both appearing in a pilot for CW called the Carrie Diaries, with AnnaSophia Robb as a 17-year old Carrie Bradshaw in the early 1980's.I'm a sucker for that kind of look.

Edited by methodwriter85

His name's Brendan Dooling. He's only really been in a few things; I think I came across him while checking out Austin Butler's IMDB profile. They're both appearing in a pilot for CW called the Carrie Diaries, with AnnaSophia Robb as a 17-year old Carrie Bradshaw in the early 1980's.I'm a sucker for that kind of look.

Well that was good work. Posted Image He has a better look for Josh.

Oh hun, you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too old for Rob Lowe Posted Image

You really like saying "hun", huh? Kinda like Paige on Degressi: The Next Generation. Anyway, the joke doesn't make sense- Rob Lowe isn't a confirmed bachelor who only dates much younger ala George Clooney, so I'm not sure what the joke is, exactly.

For josh I was thinking more of a young rob Lowe..... though i see young rob lowe in almost every character

I kind of thought Josh was more along the lines of boy-next-door good-looking, as opposed to drop-dead gorgeous in a feline kind of way.

We did decide at one point that Jack Hobart looks like Ian Somerhalder, who kind of resembles a younger Rob Lowe. We also had Neal from MiM as looking like Rob Lowe...although Mark doesn't really have the whole "let's have characters who look like teen idols contemporary to the time period" anymore. Kind of a shame. I would have loved drooling over a character who looked like Josh Hartnett, or maybe Angel from Buffy.

Aside from Brendan Dooling, another green newbie actor/model I'm hoping there's space for...James Gaisford.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He was in a short web fan film as Young Haymitch in the Hunger Games. Cute as a button. (He's only 17, so I'll keep it at that. LOL.) I love this guy's hair.

Speaking of requests...Mark, are you working on getting an Austin Butler-look alike in yet? LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85

You really like saying "hun", huh? Kinda like Paige on Degressi: The Next Generation. Anyway, the joke doesn't make sense- Rob Lowe isn't a confirmed bachelor who only dates much younger ala George Clooney, so I'm not sure what the joke is, exactly.

I only say "hun" online.

Rob Lowe is famous for his sex tape with a 16yo that almost killed his career.

Right, but that happened a really long time ago, in 1988. He was what, 25? It'd be one thing to make that joke if he were a 50-ish creeper who was into dating barely legal and jailbait people, but in that instance, Rob was a young man who made a stupid mistake. We all do some pretty stupid things in our twenties. Cut him some slack there. It's been almost a quarter of a century.

Edited by methodwriter85

Nicholas Hoult from Skins as Shane Jackson. You could just see this guy rocking ridiculous outfits.Posted Image

He even has the right build for a figure skater.

Edited by methodwriter85

Nicholas Hoult from Skins as Shane Jackson. You could just see this guy rocking ridiculous outfits.Posted Image

You nailed this one Jeremy. Can't you just visualize this guy being bitchy?

Well, his best-known character was as a guy who was a total asshole, so yes. If Tony on Skins was a flamingly gay figure skater, I'm sure he would be just like Shane.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 3 weeks later...

Elle Fanning(Dakota's little sister) is TOTALLY how I'm picturing Raine...

Posted Image

Blond and pretty, but in this warm ethereal kind of way, instead of the hot blond bombshell kind of way that Kristin would be. It helps that Elle Fanning is actually 14.

Elle Fanning(Dakota's little sister) is TOTALLY how I'm picturing Raine...

Posted Image

Blond and pretty, but in this warm ethereal kind of way, instead of the hot blond bombshell kind of way that Kristin would be. It helps that Elle Fanning is actually 14.

Yep, only I pictured her as a brunette. I don't remember if I wrote that in or not, though.

From Chapter 44 of PMS:

Before he could say anything, three really hot girls came up to our area. I knew two of them, Felicity and Mariah, but the third I’d never met. She was really cute, with hair the same color as Stef’s: a strawberry blond. Our eyes met and that embarrassed me, so I looked away. I felt my face warm up, and knew I was blushing. When I turned back to look at her again, she was standing right next to me.

“I’m Raine,” she said. That was kind of a cool name.

From Chapter 44 of PMS:

Before he could say anything, three really hot girls came up to our area. I knew two of them, Felicity and Mariah, but the third I’d never met. She was really cute, with hair the same color as Stef’s: a strawberry blond. Our eyes met and that embarrassed me, so I looked away. I felt my face warm up, and knew I was blushing. When I turned back to look at her again, she was standing right next to me.

“I’m Raine,” she said. That was kind of a cool name.

I guess she dyed her hair in my mind. LOL. Good job Jeremy!

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of like Danny(Keahu Kahuanui) from Teen Wolf as a possible Darius:

Posted Image

The dimples totally win me over. Plus, that scene with Danny and Stiles watching Derek change into too-tight shirts will be forever hilarious to me.

These are the parameters that I see with Darius:

1. Good-looking, but not in a pretty way. He's made hot by charm, not by being drop-dead gorgeous.

2. Tanned and tall

3. Vaguely ethnic-looking, as in you have to keep guessing what he is.

4. Not hugely muscular, but not skinny either.

Edited by methodwriter85

He's hot once he gets older, BUT, I just can't get past the fact he used to be THIS in "about a boy"....

Posted Image

Somehow, knowing that, I just can't get worked up by this guy. Though, Im not sure I would get worked up over JJ either....

You might as well start getting used to feeling now, Westie.

"Legal" now means people born in 1994. Which means that the little kids from movies that came out in the late 90's/early '00s are fully adult now.

Although Nicholas Hoult is actually close to our age- he's 22 now. It's just the fact that About A Boy preserves him as a 12-year old boy that makes him seem like he must be so much younger than us.

Edited by methodwriter85

Hey, I like your choice for Darius, Tim. I think we're both on the same page that Darius needs to have an ethically ambiguous look, and be more "cute with loads of charm" as opposed to drop-dead gorgeous. My one problem with Zayn is that he looks a little too twink and skinny- I think Darius is supposed to have a bigger build than that. Not "Cato in The Hunger Games" kind of build, but not the kind of build that was built for skinny jeans.

And the muscles on Danny from Teen Wolf...gah...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4032/4602460314_7c8b65e0f3_z.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85

Eric Foreman from That 70's Show = Mark from On The Mark. (Tim thought Ryan Devlin was too handsome, so I dialed it down to the goofy cute boy next door.)

Posted Image

Come on, Mark is totally like a more affluent, bisexual version of Eric Foreman who has access to better weed and hotter male friends. I can't be the only one who sees that.

Topher Grace's look in Take Me Home Tonight was also how I envisioned late 1980's Mark Arbour:

I can totally picture a 26-year old Mark giving a speech like that. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Dark Shadows today and thought , 'Wow, that's Raine' , Bella Heathcote as Josette, in the blue dress when she fell from the cliff. She kindof reminds me of Elle Fanning in that ' beautiful, stunning eyes way'

It distracted me from Johney Depp even ;)

http://www.moviefanatic.com/gallery/dark-shadows-character-poster-bella-heathcote/

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bella+Heathcote&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ebw&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BVC4T86oKJGy8ASt0JC6Cg&ved=0CHUQsAQ&biw=1581&bih=742

I don't know how to post pics, sorry

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..