Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

Hunter Parrish from Weeds as Ryan?

1251306958_hunter_parrish_290x402.jpg

I kind of had him in mind for JJ, too, but I think Ryan would fit better, now that I know you don't picture Ryan as having rounded features. (I totally had Ryan pictured as having a round face and facial features.) If you've ever seen him in Zac Efron's 17 Again, he's incredibly good at playing the high school bully, which is what Ryan was when he first appeared.

If you' agree to this one, you'd be fufilling Adam's request to have someone looking like Hunter Parrish in CAP. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85

Hunter Parrish from Weeds as Ryan?

1251306958_hunter_parrish_290x402.jpg

I kind of had him in mind for JJ, too, but I think Ryan would fit better, now that I know you don't picture Ryan as having rounded features. (I totally had Ryan pictured as having a round face and facial features.) If you've ever seen him in Zac Efron's 17 Again, he's incredibly good at playing the high school bully, which is what Ryan was when he first appeared.

If you' agree to this one, you'd be fufilling Adam's request to have someone looking like Hunter Parrish in CAP. LOL.

Spot on!

Aaron Eckhart as the surgically altered Lark a.k.a. Scott Slater?

aaron-eckhart.jpg

He's definitely one of those smoking hot middle-aged guys, and he looks like someone you could picture as being a blond California surfer. Aaron basically looks like what an Abercrombie model who kept his looks up would look like at middle age.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching the Bates Motel...I kind of like Freddie Highmore as Allistair. (If you want a geekier-looking guy than my first pick, Logan Lerman.)

a_250x375.png

freddie-highmore-bates-motel.jpg

I think he'd also be good as a circa 1977 Mark Arbour in On The Mark. (He's 20 but pretty much looks 15.)

Edited by methodwriter85

Chole Moretz from Kick Ass and Dark Shadows as Marie Hobart:

Chloe-Moretz-2012-carrie.jpg

I can totally see Marie rocking the "blazer with derby hat" hipster look at some point in her life. I feel like Marie is someone who has the conventionally pretty blond girl look to her, but she dresses with a bit more quirk than the

. Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Australian soap actor Luke Mitchell as Hot Jeff?

West+Side+Story+Opening+Night+Arrivals+m

mitchell_main-300x0.jpg

Given where Mark went in terms of Ryan's looks, I felt like I needed a guy who had more of an narrow, triangular face paired with a totally slammin' bod. And that wicked little half-smile works for me as Hot Jeff.

Both Hunter Parrish and this guy were apparently in the running for the part of Finnick in the Hunger Games, so I figured it was appropriate. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Australian soap actor Luke Mitchell as Hot Jeff?

West+Side+Story+Opening+Night+Arrivals+m

mitchell_main-300x0.jpg

Given where Mark went in terms of Ryan's looks, I felt like I needed a guy who had more of an narrow, triangular face paired with a totally slammin' bod. And that wicked little half-smile works for me as Hot Jeff.

Both Hunter Parrish and this guy were apparently in the running for the part of Finnick in the Hunger Games, so I figured it was appropriate. LOL.

SPOT ON!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I'll try another Darius. Since you want darker coloring (but you still seem to envision Darius with high cheekbones), I like the idea of Rob Wilson, the male Price Is Right model, and a new actor for the online revival of All My Children.

601904_10151478214168393_292240120_n.jpg

13119_10151375290128393_1253889726_n.jpg

I think he does have an ambigious racial mixture that I could totally buy as being Persian.

I could also see Rob Wilson as the slutty Latino boy that lived with the Schluters and Cramptons for a few years because Mexico wasn't that forgiving to the gays.

Trevor St. John on One Life to Live looks like how I would picture Brian, had Brian made it past 26/27.

Trevor+St+John+Lifetime+Sony+Pictures+Te

_0015aDePaiva&St.John.jpg

I've been watching the online reboot of One Life To Live on Hulu, and I kept thinking, "Trevor really does have a CAP look to him, doesn't he?"

Edited by methodwriter85

This is sooooooo far ahead, but I was watching the Ender's Game trailer and thought, "Asa Butterfield as Riley Danfield at age 12?"

asa-butterfield-1344675126.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85

Bryan Craig (the new Morgan Corrinthos on General Hospital) as Noah?

fkxmpt.jpg

_MG_9213.jpg

I remember you said you pictured Noah as good looking, but with a very disproportionate nose, which is true of this guy. The hair's not really period, but eh.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I'm thinking a bit darker complexion. 

I've been thinking about my lack of getting a successful Darius lately...and then I realized that you've never really described Darius in terms of his face other than the fact that he's considered beautiful but in an exotic, ethically ambigious way. Probably because as a straight guy, and more importantly, as the straight guy who's the brother to the main protagonist, he's never going to be included in any CAP sexual encounters or be a leading character and thus how he looks isn't something that you have "clearly" in your head the way you would for someone like Matt. Am I right about that, Mark?

My next (of many)  guesses in the "Let's find Darius" game is this male model, Tyson Ballou. I noticed his modeling ads at H&M. I find him pretty hot in an exotic kind of way.

Tyson_Ballou6.jpg

N80090_big_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

I do feel like Darius as described would probably look like someone that could model Dolce and Gabbana.

Will, Cody, and Ryan seem like they'd be Abercrombie and Fitch Models. Matt would be a beefcake model in a gay magaizine type, while Wade and "Sergio" would be Euro-thin runway models. JJ and Allistair would look they belong on the Disney channel, but dress like the junior division of Brooks Brothers.

That's what I think in terms of how I found the "face" models, so to speak, for the guys.

Edited by methodwriter85

I've been thinking about my lack of getting a successful Darius lately...and then I realized that you've never really described Darius in terms of his face other than the fact that he's considered beautiful but in an exotic, ethically ambigious way. Probably because as a straight guy, and more importantly, as the straight guy who's the brother to the main protagonist, he's never going to be included in any CAP sexual encounters or be a leading character and thus how he looks isn't something that you have "clearly" in your head the way you would for someone like Matt. Am I right about that, Mark?

My next (of many)  guesses in the "Let's find Darius" game is this male model, Tyson Ballou. I noticed his modeling ads at H&M. I find him pretty hot in an exotic kind of way.

Tyson_Ballou6.jpg

N80090_big_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

I do feel like Darius as described would probably look like someone that could model Dolce and Gabbana.

Will, Cody, and Ryan seem like they'd be Abercrombie and Fitch Models. Matt would be a beefcake model in a gay magaizine type, while Wade and "Sergio" would be Euro-thin runway models. JJ and Allistair would look they belong on the Disney channel, but dress like the junior division of Brooks Brothers.

That's what I think in terms of how I found the "face" models, so to speak, for the guys.

Yep.  This one works.

This is sooooooo far ahead, but I was watching the Ender's Game trailer and thought, "Asa Butterfield as Riley Danfield at age 12?"

asa-butterfield-1344675126.jpg

That is actually how I envision JJ.

Here is Scott Slater, the real one.

SLA5050-COVER-001.jpg

The visionary who invented a hamburger that is 50% ground beef, 50% ground bacon. Add in a fried egg, anchovies, fried pickles and blue cheese on a pretzel bun and you are talking genius.

• Like 1

....JJ has strawberry blond hair.

I do like your Scott Slater a lot, though. He kind of reminds me of how I'd picture a guy who was probably once a surfer hunk as a young guy, and has grown into a pleasantly good-looking older man.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

You don't have Tony quite down yet, but you nailed Gabe.  Good job!

Alright, here's another idea I have for Tony...a young Joe Manganiello. (He's best known for being on True Blood and was in Magic Mike.)

Joe-Manganiello.jpg

The only thing I've really gotten in terms of a description of Tony is that he's got typical Italian good looks, and he's very masculine-looking and not a pretty boy, so I figure his face would have to be somewhat rough. So with a "rough" idea in mind, my other idea for Tony would be a young Bobby Cannavale, who's probably best known for being Will's boyfriend on Will and Grace.

18+Bobby+Cannavale+picture.jpg

I'm seriously going through pictures of a lot of hunky Italian-looking guys here. Not that it's a chore. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so since Mark didn't sign off on Trevor Donovan as Cody, here's my next idea...Chris Carmack from the O.C. and Nashville:

Chris-Carmack__130305145728-275x292.jpg

Luke-From-the-OC.jpeg

He does look pretty believable as a corn-fed blond farm boy from the Mid-West. I had totally forgotten about him until he showed up on Nashville this year. He still looks pretty damned hot.

My belief with Cody is that he needs to look like someone who could have modeled for Abercrombie and Fitch, so I'm kinda geared towards looking at 30-something former Ambercrombie and Fitch models. (Both Trevor Donovan and Chris Carmack were Abercrombie guys, not surprisingly.) I can also see Chris Carmack as Luke Carruthers, the bisexual business partner that Stefan started messing around with in The Land Whore.

Hmm. I agree with you on that. What is your thinking on Trevor Donovan, then? He's certaintly blond enough.

Alright, let's go over to the lesbians...

Rashida Jones (The Office, The Social Network) as Jeanine:

rashida-jones-in-white-shirred-robe-all-

Katherine Moenning (The L-Word) as Hank:

katherine_moennig.jpg

Rasida Jones is so pretty. I can so see gay men being willing to turn for her. And Katherne Moenning does butch lesbian pretty well.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

I see Mason as 2012 U.S. Men's Team gymnast Jake Dalton:

k8rVb.jpg

tumblr_mg43v8eHuz1rq3n31o1_500.jpg

Damn, those eyes are sexy as fuck.

Mason's body is described as being very similiar to a gymnast kind of body- muscular with very broad shoulders, but short.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..