New Forum and Blog Software Discussion

• Site Administrator

There are a lot of small improvements and a few big ones.

1) Rich Text Editor. (You have to turn this on in your control panel.

2) RSS Feed. (If you aren't using IE, then you'll likely see an RSS alert.) the site is now set up to automatically send an RSS feed of the Story Annoucement Forum.

3) RSS Import. I'll be setting up a News forum that collects RSS feeds and posts some of the news.

4) Quick Edit. You'll no longer have to go through all those screens to quickly edit your posts. You can also edit your topic titles by pressing and holding your mouse button over your topic title. Cool Stuff

5) PM name suggest feature. When you start typing names into the To box of a PM it'll start suggesting names.

6) Multi Question Polls. You can now ask more than one question in a poll.

Lots of other things too.

Myr

• Site Administrator

The New PM notification is probably the most noticable thing in day to day work, btw.

• Site Administrator

You need to go to your "My Controls" and select blog settings.

then find "Friendly URLs".

Check the box, enter a name and save your settings.

Then click "My Blog"

Copy the URL for the address bar.

Myr, I also have a problem..when I tried to type a response in SoapBox, the lettering came out in white and unreadable...how does one fix that? yet, I type here and it comes out readable...ugh.

thanks for your help...the new format is awesome:) and so are the new changes:)

Michael

• Site Administrator

I think I fixed the problem of white on white in The Soapbox this morning.

I haven't seen other errors. (I've tested in IE 6 and FireFox).

Please be specific as to where you are seeing the errors. If it is a blog, which one?

Hello Mr. Myr

I have another problem. If i clikc on the first link in your "Announcement: Fall Anthology 2005" post I get this message: "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Tob