[Nephylim] The Face at the Window

Coming soon, a hearwarming story that will surprise the hell out of you if you are familiar with my work. There are dark spots but they are brief and the huge majority of the story is about love, redemption and how one person can make such a difference to so many people, and change one person so completely, healing wounds from the past and making a whole new future. It's about learning to live with difference. Most of all it is a story about how your life can be completely changed by the simplest of things... like noticing a face in a window.

• Like 1

This post has been reported, Quite clearly Nephys account has been compromised and this is an imposter.

Well Ok maybe not, Ill reserve my imposter calls at least until we are 1 or 2 chapters in :)

The first chapter is up.

This is a very different story for me. Yeah, there are some dark spots, I can't bring myself to write a story that is ALL sunshine; but this one is essentially a romance. Two very different people come together in unusualy circumstances, shock each other and gradually come together in ways neither of them would have expected. The story is a journey for both of them and although their paths are very different they lead to the same place.

If anyone is expecting my usual evil self then she crops up occasionally but Ara might be right about the imposter :) I really tired in this one to deliberately get away from the darkness and write a sweet, simple romance. BUt of course nothing is ever simple with me and, once Haze and Ace got hold of me the story spun off as usual in ridiculously strange directions and although I tried to reign them back there are little pools of darkness in the sunlight. But this time they are pools not oceans.

I hope you fall in love with Ace and Haze like I did. I wish I could be more like Ace - to have his spirit, courage and humour.

Read and enjoy; I hope.

Hey,

I really like how it starts out... Posted Image

Waiting for more..

BTW, did it happen to anyone or just me, i mean, the entire chapter repeats... like someone pasted it twice. also, this is not the complete story right?? the status of the story says "complete" :( i'm confused!

Hey,

I really like how it starts out... Posted Image

Waiting for more..

BTW, did it happen to anyone or just me, i mean, the entire chapter repeats... like someone pasted it twice. also, this is not the complete story right?? the status of the story says "complete" :( i'm confused!

Same happened to me Frosty, I think as punishment Nephy should have to be super super nice to everyone to the point of OTT politeness.

Nice start tho Nephy it has a mix of intrigue and mystery around Ace and while you have gone to great lengths to show us Haze feels rather ordinary I think by the time your finished with him he wont be

OOOoooops :) There was a weird glitch when I was posting it and I thought I had one it wrong so I did it again and I didn't check. My bad. Fixed now.

I put it as complete because I wasn't thinking and it was complete in that I have finished writing it so it didn't register when I saw the box. I'm a bit technically challenged. Half my stories were 'Fan Fiction' for a while because I kept forgetting to change the box

Edited by Nephylim

Same happened to me Frosty, I think as punishment Nephy should have to be super super nice to everyone to the point of OTT politeness.

Nice start tho Nephy it has a mix of intrigue and mystery around Ace and while you have gone to great lengths to show us Haze feels rather ordinary I think by the time your finished with him he wont be

Are you trying to suggest that I'm NOT obsessively polite :)

I have posted another chapter just so you get to meet Ace. He's.... ace )

B)...................Great start to another mystery of yours!! I love the names Haze & Ace, kinda rolls of the tongue rather well! I wonder why Logan became so upset at Haze when he asked about Ace, was he in protective mode for his brother or for his own reputation? Are Haze's and Ace's brothers alike in their thinking of them? It certainly d appears that Rowan and Ash are ass's to Haze. Well written as usual Nephy, looking forward to more!

Im enjoyin this so far Ace does seem to be Ace by name and nature in his brief appearance, This looks like its gonna be a good ride as well Nephy so im strapped in belts on vodkas ready and im in anticipation, so much so that whenever you post a new chapter I just may go all

Posted Image

You really are Ace with the pictures. That is even more cute than the kitteh's.

Ace is such a wonderful person. He is different to my other characters in so many other ways. He teaches Haze a lot, and the reader too I think. Cant wait to post.

I have posted a new chapter, I couldn't wait to drop the bombshell. ;) If you think you know how this is going... you probably don't. Ace is really Ace... you should wait to see what he can do :) He teaches Haze a thing or two.

I am going to concentrate on getting Fallen finished over the weekend so I thought I would drop this in before then.

I probably won't be posting another chapter until next weekend/

Coming soon, a hearwarming story that will surprise the hell out of you if you are familiar with my work. There are dark spots but they are brief and the huge majority of the story is about love, redemption and how one person can make such a difference to so many people, and change one person so completely, healing wounds from the past and making a whole new future. It's about learning to live with difference. Most of all it is a story about how your life can be completely changed by the simplest of things... like noticing a face in a window.

Hi Nephy,

I think that maybe I am ready to start reading again.

I got so far behind on the "FALLEN" that I don't know if I can even catch up with it. I certainly want to try.

In the meantime, I'm going to read "The Face at the Window" .

I think that I will feel a new begining. Sort of like starting all over again.:boy:

Soooo,where do I look......oops..never mind.

I totally didnt see that one coming, no pun intended

Ace does seem ace as well altho I do love how crazy Haze comes accross, not in a mad way but just how he seriously has a case of verbal diarrhea, It reminds me so much of how I am sometimes where that little voice in the head says noooo dont say that, just as your head whispers back to late I said that 10 mins ago

Hi Nephy,

I think that maybe I am ready to start reading again.

I got so far behind on the "FALLEN" that I don't know if I can even catch up with it. I certainly want to try.

In the meantime, I'm going to read "The Face at the Window" .

I think that I will feel a new begining. Sort of like starting all over again.:boy:

Soooo,where do I look......oops..never mind.

Oh darling, I'm SO glad you're back.

Read what you want hun. Yu should catch up with Fallen only if you want to.

The Face in the Window is a new experiment for me so it would be a good story for a fresh start. This is Nephy trying to be sweet and romantic

I totally didnt see that one coming, no pun intended

Ace does seem ace as well altho I do love how crazy Haze comes accross, not in a mad way but just how he seriously has a case of verbal diarrhea, It reminds me so much of how I am sometimes where that little voice in the head says noooo dont say that, just as your head whispers back to late I said that 10 mins ago

Ace is awesome. This is so completely not about coming to terms with Ace's 'disability' but being atonished by his abilities. I love Ace. He could teach us all a thing or two.

OK! Chapter 1:

Ah! Something so sweet that I should be beating myself for waiting so long to discover it.

I'll not spend a lot of time here on ch.1, Nephy, but my smile will lead me to the next one.

I did see your pre-ups, and from them I am absolutely positive that this is going straight to the top area of your stories!

A smile and a warm heart--can it get any better than that?

Hugs!:wub:

Oh Nephy! This has a feel about it that makes me wonder if someone has been-well-privy to my own wild imaginations!

You have already made Ace out to be someone who (whom), whatever-- one would drool over. And then we find that he is receptively friendly to a 'total stranger'. I can NOT wait to see where this is going! :)

Haven't we all, at various times in our lives, admired someone from a "distance"? I certainly have. I have felt the stomache-turning anguish that Hazel Fennell felt standing before that massive door.

I haven't given up on "Red Gold" or ANY OTHER of your stories, Nephy! Quite the contrary, THIS one is stirring up the emotions that a very fond (and, alas, very gone) English teacher I had in HS helped me to understand. She told me to NEVER feel less than the person I was admiring, and that I might even be more than them in some things. Sooo-I'm sayin'-"Haze, go for it!".

I'm lovin' the story after only two chapters--how the hell can it get any better?

Hugs!

Well damn! It just DID get better!

What a beautiful chapter (3) this is. And I love how you used the two of them against each other with regard to their dual lack of social skills.

I'm wondering where you are going to take this. At some point along the way perhaps those other two sets of miscreants will pick up on being real people instead of the jerks they are at the moment.:wacko:

You definitely have me hooked on this one, Nephy.

Hugs.

Thank you hun. It is so great to have you back :)

Ace is so ace. I love him totally. He is from a f**ked up family but he so isn't f**ked up.

A lot of the conversation between the two of them is based on misunderstandings and misconceptions. I think they both turn out to be more than they seem. Ace, in particular is way cool I adore him :) He has such a great sense of humour :)

Ace is so ace. I love him totally. He is from a f**ked up family but he so isn't f**ked up.

A lot of the conversation between the two of them is based on misunderstandings and misconceptions. I think they both turn out to be more than they seem. Ace, in particular is way cool I adore him :) He has such a great sense of humour :)

And apparently he has a nice (read- awesome) phone.. hee hee

Cant wait.. :) please post soon(er)!!!

It feels different here now, but it is still our Nephy!

Isn't it true that a lot of people who have to jump hurdles in their lives from 'day one', or thereabout, become well-rounded people socially during their entire lives?

I have to expect that Ace is going to turn out to be one of those people who, ah, 'curl your toes!' At least I hope so. But not to forget Haze, he and he have so much potential with which life for them should only improve.

And so I await in the wings.

Hugs.