Inadvertent Insults

You know, you are much smarter than you look.

Gee. Thanks.

Being a big guy from the south, I get that one a lot.

I suppose my knuckles should drag the ground and I should speak in words with one syllable.

What are your favorite or most exasperating inadvertent insult?

What are your favorite or most exasperating inadvertent insult?

"You look older"

I get that ALOT, like every single person I know at work, said that when they found out im only 15

I'm sorry but I don't like being called old <_<

I love-- and am guilty of doing it--

"Did you lose weight? You look really good, today."

The "Today" just throws it overboard for me. Yes, I will revert back to a squishy mess once this man-girdle is off tomorrow, but thank you. Today I'm glad I look good.

"You know you really don't look your age."

Gee thanks. Does that mean I look younger than I am or should I be looking into a home right now because of how ancient I am?

Next .....

I realize that most people dont generally say this as an insult, but my peeve is being singled out because I'm left handed. I've been told I look weird because, by customers where I worked. However I finally got p'od enough that I started telling my customers that THEY looked just as weird to me when they wrote right handed. lol. That usually worked.

• Like 1

"Wow, that's great! You did that?"

I realize that most people dont generally say this as an insult, but my peeve is being singled out because I'm left handed. I've been told I look weird because, by customers where I worked. However I finally got p'od enough that I started telling my customers that THEY looked just as weird to me when they wrote right handed. lol. That usually worked.

My dad used to think he was funny when he told me I did something well - for a southpaw...

This was said to me by one of my co-workers boyfriends after chatting to him for a while in a pub... I kid you not.

"You know something, you're pretty cool for someone who takes it up the ass!"

For the first time in a good long while I was left speechless!

• Like 1

I doubt this is even an Inadvertent Insult much more of an odd compliment...

I had never been told I was glowing before but a freind comes up to me, she puts her hands on my humerus's and goes "you your glowing whats happened" so I stand there bemused and she continues "If you were a girl I'd swear you were pregnant, whats happened". So I honestly say nothings changed and then think well do I walk around looking morose, I dont think I do but it was the novelty of it all in the middle of the entrance block to our psychology department.

This was said to me by one of my co-workers boyfriends after chatting to him for a while in a pub... I kid you not.

I'm not sure if I would laugh, blink continuously, stare, or punch him in the face. Not sure what I'd do if someone said that to me lol

From a police officer:

"Oh, your wrong handed!"

Gas Station Lady,

Me: Hi, Can I get a 99 cent Game

GSL: Umm, do you have i.d.?

Me: *hands over the i.d.*

GSL: *GASPS* OMG! Your twenty I couldve swore you were like 14 or 15

I'm not sure if it's an inadvertent insult or just me being sensitive but when I first moved to Canada from the Philippines, quite a few people said "oh, you speak English really well." <_<

I'm not sure if it's an inadvertent insult or just me being sensitive but when I first moved to Canada from the Philippines, quite a few people said "oh, you speak English really well." <_<

That is odd... maybe because it's not the primary language?

I was drinking coffee and nearly spewed it all over my computer. Speechless. I doubt I would have known what to say. OMG.

I have a friend that lives in Germany but was born in the Philippines. He speaks 9 languages and all very well. When he talks to me he is worried he has a terrible accent. The only accent I detect is a British one that he picked up from his teacher. lol.

Bitch-Slap

You're pretty unconscious for somebody that is bleeding.

I used to work in a restaurant doing food prep and I had an ahole mgr who was very large. we got along good and traded insults and he says "I heard that you were gay " I told him I heard that you were skinny. He could sell shade at the beach.

Me: I don't know how much mix to add.

Her: Just add enough.

Me: But it says three table spoons and that seems like a lot...

Her: Just use common sense.*said nicely*

Me: Are you saying I have no common sense! *teasing*

Her: No, I didn't say that. People with no common sense tend to be smart.

Me: ._.

• Like 1