Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

LETS STIR THE POT

LETS STIR THE POT. (I love this)

First of all let us look at Bridget’s opinion that Gonzalez is a poor investigator. I have to agree with her. Not only him, but also the entire law enforcement establishment in the Florida area. (According to the story.) It is Gonzalez’s theory that Dirk destroyed the Ares with a bomb. This is his hypothesis, which was backed up by the criminal justice system, when they voted for an indictment.

For the sake of argument lets say Dirk did do what Gonzalez believes. . A bomb going off would have most likely rendered the Ares into many pieces. A large number of them would float. Other items would float. (Lifejackets, the zodiac, etc.) The engines would have dropped like a rock taking any attached portions of the hull with them. There would have been a hell of a debris field for any search to discover. There is no mention of this.

There was a partial radio call received. Realistically it had to be a female voice received. Now, Dirk would have had to involve a second party for this to have happened. Gonzalez’s case comes apart here.

If a bomb had been used, there would have been no time to make a radio call. If a radio call was made, that indicates a very large portion of the vessel was afloat. The call said taking water. It is difficult for me to imagine the caller not saying something about an explosion.

Gonzalez wants to prosecute Dirk for murder. Without an explanation of the radio call he is up s**t’s creek. He had used the attempted bombing of the Atlantis to bolster his original case. That is fair, but weak. The minute the attempted bombing of the Atlantis is disproved officially, he is back to square one with the Ares.

Dirk does not want Trevor searching for the Ares. Why? If the vessel is there, it is either complete and was sunk using sufficient weight to take here down. That would have involved a conspiracy with Rachel and most likely others. If the vessel was bombed, I refer you back to paragraph 2. IMHO the Ares sailed away. MY early thoughts were she was hidden in the Bahamas and that was why Dirk wanted to keep Trevor away from the area. If he found the Ares this would be one thing. However, if he found nothing, that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Is the Ares in Australia? Well, that is possible, maybe even probable.

She could not have left immediately. Too much attention to a missing catamaran being broadcast. She would have had to hole up and be disguised. I suppose she could have been hoisted aboard a ship and transported, but that is almost impossible to consider.

Where is the Ares? Well, There were only 20 Lagoon 55’s built. How many Lagoon 57’s were built I do not know. It is unlikely the number would have been large. According to the story there is only nine inches of overall length between the two classes. The primary differences, according to Trevor are primarily cosmetic on the exterior. So, lay her up, conform her exterior to a Lagoon 57 appearance. After she gets to Carnarvon Ned does a makeover of her interior, knowing nothing about her history..

There are additional problems with this as were outlined in the most recent chapters. If she were soloed, in what was basically the half of a circumnavigation, the local yachting community would have been talking about it. Therefore, Rachel would not have been alone. What route. Well there is the Suez or the Panama Canal. To many records kept, unless they also ginned up papers. So is it either the Cape of Good Hope or Cape Horn. Neither of these is a paddle trip on lake in the local park. I have a problem with either of the latter. If she is in Australia, it is probably the former.

Where is Rachel? Why did she leave? Some might suggest she is in a Protected Witness Program. Not likely. Dirk is certainly knowledgeable of the situation. If it were so, he would not be worried about a statue of Limitations. Is she deceased? Again, not likely.

Keep in mind, Trevor only wound up in Carnarvon accidentally. It was not on his intended itinerary. He should have never been anywhere near the Kookaburra.

I have some thoughts that Martin Blake might be related to her and the marriage is a sham. Without a divorce anything else would be an offense. There is no doubt in my mind that Mrs. Blake has overall control of the Kookaburra.

Well I have had my say for now. Only CJ and his merry band of conspirators, (disguised as editors, etc.) know the truth.

Edited by glsswm
  • Like 2

Well I have had my say for now. Only CJ and his merry band of conspirators, (disguised as editors, etc.) know the truth.

Oh, How I wish that was true! I only know a couple of weeks in advance of publication, and even then, it changes before publication!!!

I am waiting for 16th December, with as much as you.

Red

• Site Moderator

Being one of the beta readers on the team, I'm not privy to anything, except that I get to see the chapter earlier. If, in my comments, I'm close to something, I don't really get much of an answer one way or another.

Given what we've learned about this type boat, if it had been blown up, there should have been debris found.

Being one of the beta readers on the team, I'm not privy to anything, except that I get to see the chapter earlier. If, in my comments, I'm close to something, I don't really get much of an answer one way or another.

Given what we've learned about this type boat, if it had been blown up, there should have been debris found.

I'm also prone to giving somewhat definitive answers, though they might be a tad hard to quantify. For example, I recall someone asking me (I can't recall who) when we were working on chapter 48 (when Trevor had his little pirate problem) whether he was dead. I replied that I could say definitively that he was absolutely in one of two conditions; dead, or alive. And further, if he was dead, he would likely remain in that condition, though the same continuity may or may not apply if he is alive. :music:

First of all let us look at Bridget’s opinion that Gonzalez is a poor investigator. I have to agree with her. Not only him, but also the entire law enforcement establishment in the Florida area. (According to the story.) It is Gonzalez’s theory that Dirk destroyed the Ares with a bomb. This is his hypothesis, which was backed up by the criminal justice system, when they voted for an indictment.

For the sake of argument lets say Dirk did do what Gonzalez believes. . A bomb going off would have most likely rendered the Ares into many pieces. A large number of them would float. Other items would float. (Lifejackets, the zodiac, etc.) The engines would have dropped like a rock taking any attached portions of the hull with them. There would have been a hell of a debris field for any search to discover. There is no mention of this.

There was a partial radio call received. Realistically it had to be a female voice received. Now, Dirk would have had to involve a second party for this to have happened. Gonzalez’s case comes apart here.

If a bomb had been used, there would have been no time to make a radio call. If a radio call was made, that indicates a very large portion of the vessel was afloat. The call said taking water. It is difficult for me to imagine the caller not saying something about an explosion.

Gonzalez wants to prosecute Dirk for murder. Without an explanation of the radio call he is up s**t’s creek. He had used the attempted bombing of the Atlantis to bolster his original case. That is fair, but weak. The minute the attempted bombing of the Atlantis is disproved officially, he is back to square one with the Ares.

Dirk does not want Trevor searching for the Ares. Why? If the vessel is there, it is either complete and was sunk using sufficient weight to take here down. That would have involved a conspiracy with Rachel and most likely others. If the vessel was bombed, I refer you back to paragraph 2. IMHO the Ares sailed away. MY early thoughts were she was hidden in the Bahamas and that was why Dirk wanted to keep Trevor away from the area. If he found the Ares this would be one thing. However, if he found nothing, that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Is the Ares in Australia? Well, that is possible, maybe even probable.

She could not have left immediately. Too much attention to a missing catamaran being broadcast. She would have had to hole up and be disguised. I suppose she could have been hoisted aboard a ship and transported, but that is almost impossible to consider.

Where is the Ares? Well, There were only 20 Lagoon 55’s built. How many Lagoon 57’s were built I do not know. It is unlikely the number would have been large. According to the story there is only nine inches of overall length between the two classes. The primary differences, according to Trevor are primarily cosmetic on the exterior. So, lay her up, conform her exterior to a Lagoon 57 appearance. After she gets to Carnarvon Ned does a makeover of her interior, knowing nothing about her history..

There are additional problems with this as were outlined in the most recent chapters. If she were soloed, in what was basically the half of a circumnavigation, the local yachting community would have been talking about it. Therefore, Rachel would not have been alone. What route. Well there is the Suez or the Panama Canal. To many records kept, unless they also ginned up papers. So is it either the Cape of Good Hope or Cape Horn. Neither of these is a paddle trip on lake in the local park. I have a problem with either of the latter. If she is in Australia, it is probably the former.

Where is Rachel? Why did she leave? Some might suggest she is in a Protected Witness Program. Not likely. Dirk is certainly knowledgeable of the situation. If it were so, he would not be worried about a statue of Limitations. Is she deceased? Again, not likely.

Keep in mind, Trevor only wound up in Carnarvon accidentally. It was not on his intended itinerary. He should have never been anywhere near the Kookaburra.

I have some thoughts that Martin Blake might be related to her and the marriage is a sham. Without a divorce anything else would be an offense. There is no doubt in my mind that Mrs. Blake has overall control of the Kookaburra.

I love this post!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Okay, I can weigh in with a few little info bits, like some detail from prior chapters, and some general data on the Lagoon 55 and 57, but I can't say anything about most of the points raised without giving spoilers. Anyone else can, but I can't. (For most of it, not even my teams knows the answers):)

Great point! The case against Dirk for Rachel's murder is weak on its own; no body, that radio call, etc. However, they do have those oddly-timed divorce papers and stuff like the insurance issues mentioned in 71. I have to limit my comments to what's been in the story (such as Dirk's attempted changes to the insurance right before, mentioned in 71) so I'll shut up now. :)

One detail I'd like to mention is Bridget mentioned, quite a few chapters ago, finding a few bits of debris. She was the first on the scene. She concealed them. But there were only a few bits, and it appears that she is the only one to find anything at all.

Ares had flotation tanks (Watertight voids in the hull)like Atlantis, but it was mentioned early on that Trevor had filled Atlantis's with foam. Ares thus may have had empty voids for flotation cells (fairly standard). If so, a moderate bomb could have cracked open enough cells to sink her. So too could getting run down by a big ship (Which, BTW, has sunk a lot of yachts). On the flip side of that fact is another; it would need to be hit (or bombed) just right to avoid a major debris field. And even then, there's a lot that would remain on the surface. The main reason cats like Atlantis are so hard to sink is they don't have ballast; a monohull boat with a keel would be carting around one or more tons of iron of lead ballast in the keel. On Atlantis, the only big heavy weights are the engines, and even though bigger than normal, they weigh a heck of a lot less than a monohull's ballast.

Well, There were only 20 Lagoon 55’s built. How many Lagoon 57’s were built I do not know. It is unlikely the number would have been large. According to the story there is only nine inches of overall length between the two classes. The primary differences, according to Trevor are primarily cosmetic on the exterior.

The Lagoon 57 was the following model to the 55, but the key difference was the slight change in length resulting from a change in shape of the bows (the shape change had some advantages in sea-handling and drag characteristics). There were other changes to the fittings, etc, but the only way to tell the difference directly is how Trevor did it.

How many 57's were built? I'd like to be able to answer that, but I can't... I don't know and haven't been able to find out. From the look of what I've found, and the length of the production run, there are more 57's than 55's by about double. If I'm off on that, it's probably on the low side.

The next model change was to the Lagoon 570. What changed there was some interior changes (bigger doorways, etc, which weakens the hull a bit) and the vertical instead of sloping salon windows.

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..