I need help naming my new puppy

She looks kinda (not quite) like this (I'll load a picture of her up later) >>>>>>Cosmo19.6.jpg

So shes a Kelpie x something....see we only got her today because she was going to be put down tomorrow :(

so we decided to take her in... with out 2 other dogs lol

and we've got no idea what to call her....

Any Ideas????

And if you guys think of some good ones (that my family all like), I'll make a poll and see which one you guys think is best :)

I remember when we got a dog and had this naming crisis and had all sorts of names bouncing back and forth when my little bro stood up and said I know lets call him BJ (no not the shortened version he went the whole hog)

Was one of the funniest moments I remember growing up until mum decided I should sit him down and explain what it meant and why it wasnt a good name for a dog.

In the end we called him Kurt becaise he looked like one but i have more recently found that the name has to suit the pet so you need to give it a day or two and ponder all her little moods and one will come to you. Though if your still stuck ill see what I got in my head

First off, congrats on the member of the family. I wish you all the luck in the world. Thanks for rescuing her from the clutches...

If she's got white socks like the photo, you could call her Bobbie. It's an androgenous name.

Bee, I wish i could be helpful, but our three dogs were Odin, Sophie and Emma - so we are not exactly pickers of good dog names - I only got to pick one - and it wasn't Sophie and Emma. 0:)

But Mable is always cute or Maris [i'm kinda on an "M" kick]

Geraldine is good too, you can call her Dino for short :P

Okay, I'll stop. Congrats and good luck :)

• Like 1

stinger or chick-of-the-sea!!

ok those are nicknames

Ashly? sofia? nettie? Millie? corrine?

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/girls-names.html

here is a list of girls names with their meanings

or does she have a favorite austrailian plant or toy or food or something?

The native americans name after what they see ... ie: soft snow melting ... raintree ... walking bear

perhaps there is similar names by your Aborigines

If she's got white socks like the photo, you could call her Bobbie. It's an androgenous name.

That is so cute!

:huh:

Kandy

Kookie

Kie

Krocodile

Kaptain

you really should get to know her first.

:*)

Bailey

Mum likes Bailey

androgenous name.

^ Thats what we're all trying to think of

But Mable is always cute or Maris [i'm kinda on an "M" kick]

Geraldine is good too, you can call her Dino for short :P

Okay, I'll stop. Congrats and good luck :)

Lol Dino is reserved for one of my horses next colts :P

I really like the M names.... I'm trying out Marley right now, so I'll see if that takes :D

i found that gay author have quite a number of douce bags with weird silly names for poor innocent doggie.. my god what have we've become?! i vote for her to be called Blackie stolen gloves *runs away* lmaosmiley.gif

umm... Maggie?

Here's a tip. I've got 6 dogs and 3 of them are named after characters from some of our favorite films (disney ones for some reason).

Dory - finding nemo

Dash - the incredibles

Oscar - shark tale

The other's are Maisy, Mimi and Berty - these names are all completely random

:D

good luck picking the name, i'm sure you'll make the right choice :2thumbs: