14 yr old Member Dustin

ricky

Today's update is short and sweet. He is doing well today and tomorrow they will let him try and communicate via notebook computer. He still has tubes everyplace but if I know Dustin, he's ready to give them all a yank himself. He's not very fond of tubes.

We'll see if he remembers who I am. :( That possibility does exist.

What a lousy time to be leaving for Europe. I leave Thursday for three weeks. I would have been a lot happier if it was a week or two later. Unfortunately it is in stone. :( Sometimes it really sucks to be me.

It's great that that Dustin's recovery has reached the point that they feel he is ready for cognitive tests. Will be keeping him in thoughts and prayers until he is back to his 14 yo self.

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe that there is still means of communication into and out of Europe. :)

Take care and enjoy your trip.

Tomas

It's great that that Dustin's recovery has reached the point that they feel he is ready for cognitive tests. Will be keeping him in thoughts and prayers until he is back to his 14 yo self.

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe that there is still means of communication into and out of Europe. :)

Take care and enjoy your trip.

Tomas

Ya, there is also a 6-8 hour time difference. And he is limited as to the times he is permitted to be online. We will have to create a schedule for two other time zones. I hope his mother is amenable to the idea. The therapist is helping but Dustin comes by his stubborn streak honestly.

In short, it's just damned inconvenient.

Snip... In short, it's just damned inconvenient.

I hear you. I totally forgot about the timezone difference and I agree that is a big inconvenience.

If you have the time and are going to be near Belgium, it might be fun to make arrangements to "meet and greet" one of our favorite authors, who just happens to live in Belgium.

Edited by Tomas

I hear you. I totally forgot about the timezone difference and I agree that is a big inconvenience.

If you have the time and are going to be near Belgium, it might be fun to make arrangements to "meet and greet" one of our favorite authors, who just happens to live in Belgium.

I'll only be able to wave when I fly over. Starting in Sopia Bulgaria and then to Kassel Germany. : : Sigh : :

• Site Administrator

Please pass on my hopes for a speedy recovery as well.

If you talk to him, please make sure you let him know he has lots of people pulling for him even those that are just reading and thinking about him.

Also, Thank You Ricky. You are a special person and friend to offer your support and encouragement to him and his family.

Today's update is short and sweet. He is doing well today and tomorrow they will let him try and communicate via notebook computer. He still has tubes everyplace but if I know Dustin, he's ready to give them all a yank himself. He's not very fond of tubes.

It is also a test of some of his cognitive skills. To see if he can use the computer, has any trouble spelling or putting words together coherently.

And to see if he remembers who I am. :( That possibility does exist.

What a lousy time to be leaving for Europe. I leave Thursday for three weeks. I would have been a lot happier if it was a week or two later. Unfortunately it is in stone. :( Sometimes it really sucks to be me.

Come visit me :)

Please pass on my hopes for a speedy recovery as well.

If you talk to him, please make sure you let him know he has lots of people pulling for him even those that are just reading and thinking about him.

Also, Thank You Ricky. You are a special person and friend to offer your support and encouragement to him and his family.

Thank you Wildone. Although I knew he had only recently signed up. I knew he was a lurker for quite some time. I'm sure it will be wonderful for him to come here and be surprised by how many caring people we have here.

And truthfully, I'm only special because he says I am to him. He is such a brilliant, caring and compassionate boy. I am awed by his strength and humbled by his compassion. What ever the future holds for this young lad, he has touched my life in ways that I will cherish and hold dear until I am old and withered to dust. He seems to have that affect on everyone he meets.

And I will pass along everyone's well wishes and prayers. I am sure they will be met with tears of loving happiness.

Come visit me :)

OH! How I wish I could. :D The one place I have never been able to get a show in is the very place I want to go to the most. ALL of the UK is charming and holds history and wonders of my heart. I would SO like to see the cathedrals of the UK, walk the shores of Wales and hear the voices of British trebles as they tickle the stone walls of churches MUCH older than my country.

Maybe someday . . . :(

OH! How I wish I could. :D The one place I have never been able to get a show in is the very place I want to go to the most. ALL of the UK is charming and holds history and wonders of my heart. I would SO like to see the cathedrals of the UK, walk the shores of Wales and hear the voices of British trebles as they tickle the stone walls of churches MUCH older than my country.Maybe someday . . . :(

The only problem with someday... that day never seems to arrive. That someday is past being a possibility is the one regret that I have.

You have a safe trip and please, as and when you can, keep us updated on Dustin's progress. We in turn will continue our thoughts and prayers for Dustin, his family, and for you also.

Tomas

Great News! :2thumbs:

Was able to talk with Dustin via computer in the hospital. But he wasn't able to speak too well yet. He was still very tired and :wacko: from the meds so we only spoke for a little bit. But he remembered me! :D So there may be some blessings yet to be had. I mean, who wants to remember being bitten? :(

But it made my day and the doctor said he was chomping at the bit to talk to me. So that is fantastic. And we are going to try and schedule computer time that will work with his schedule and my hours of access.

So hopefully he will be back online and reading soon. This will be my last update for 24-36 hours I think. But I'll continue as soon as I have something.

Thanks for the positive energy and the prayers and well wishes and keep them coming for a bit longer until he is home again. And I suspect that may be as soon as Friday baring any further complications.

Cheers!

r

That is just wonderful, darling. I am so happy that he's on the mend. He's been through so much but there's nothing like a brush with death to make you appreciate life. He's got a long and beautiful life ahead.

FANTASTIC! Thank you ricky for the update. Of course, it goes without saying... the thoughts and prayers for all concerned continue.

Take Care

Tomas

What wonderful news! Continued prayers and best wishes from my little corner of the world

B)....................... Ditto, OMG, how close he could come to dying! I hope he recovers fully!

B)....................... Ditto, OMG, how close he could come to dying! I hope he recovers fully!

Nah, I'm his Dad. I'd never let it happen. He's too important in my life. He's past any danger I think. He's on the mend. But you are right, those bites can get nasty.

This is great news! Thanks for sharing. From what little you've said, Dustin seems like quite the character! The world would have been a poorer place if we'd lost such a gem so early.

Heard a little bit last night. He is doing very well and is off of all devices. Just hanging out for testing to make sure everything remains positive. They expect that he will be going home soon. I know that will please everybody. I'm actually going to get to talk to him today if everything works out right. Fingers crossed.

Hmmm, thinking I shouldn't have drank the water here in Bulgaria. Guts feel like their eating each other all of a sudden. I wonder if I get wireless in the throne room.

Glad to hear the good news about Dustin. Sounds like he is making a strong comeback. :)

Hmmm, thinking I shouldn't have drank the water here in Bulgaria. Guts feel like their eating each other all of a sudden. I wonder if I get wireless in the throne room.

Now as to your problem... I know what it's called in Mexico, but in Bulgaria...

Take Care

Tomas

Glad to hear the good news about Dustin. Sounds like he is making a strong comeback. :)

Now as to your problem... I know what it's called in Mexico, but in Bulgaria...

Take Care

Tomas

I don't think Montezuma made it this far. As to what they call it? It seems to be a very difficult language . . . but I'm having no trouble being a shining example. It was food poisoning. Never puked so hard in my life. And from a 5 star property too. Go figure.

Wonderful News. I spoke with Dustin today for a while. He was wide awake and just as wonderful as he has always been. I think we got lucky.

AND! He is supposed to go home today, so he may be back here reading away very soon.

Thanks to everyone who said prayers, sent positive energy and any other devotion. I am sure it helped a lot.

And Dustin, if you're reading this, I love you son. Get well, and get happy! Tell your mom I said hi too.

Dad Hugs :hug:

Dad

Absolutely fantastic! That is the best news yet.

Now you take care over there. We'll be awaiting your return. I'm sure Dustin will be all the happier when that happens.

Take Care

Tomas

This is JUST fantastic news! :)

So glad that he's okay! and gets to go home! ^_^

Here's to wishing he makes a complete and speedy recovery!

:hug: to dustin and :hug: to you too Ricky! :)