Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 84: Taking Care of Business

Excellent chapter. All of the bad guys are present and accounted for, or are referenced by other bad guys.

Sanchez has a killer who is trying to find Trevor. He's a lot closer to Carnarvon in Western Australia than the one in Tasmania. "Watch out, Trevor, watch out!"

Oh, my, the next few chapters should be very interesting!

Colin B)

The party, like so many before, was at his behest, a chance for his organization to mingle in a safe place, unwind ... “I hope we’re all enjoying the party,” Sanchez said ... Then he smiled. “We came here tonight to party and the night is young. Relax, and enjoy,” ...

Sanchez sounds like a real fun kind of guy.

Does he do party planning as a sideline? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Does he [sanchez] do party planning as a sideline? :lmao::lmao::lmao: That's a great line.

Meanwhile, the contrast of Shane and Trevor gliding across the shallow water pushed by the breeze to the scramble of newsies and maritime agencies to act on the new information is pure tension - and good writing.

The story kicking into high gear. It will be fun to see how the other players are now brought back into the story. Thanks for the newest chapter.

B)................ Interesting chapter, just what kind of name is Basingstoke? Yeah, Sanchez is a great host and the life of the party. 0:) Well the next chapter should have our young hero's headed back, will Fowler intercept them and will Mr. Blake have them 're-locate'? I wonder if the Coast Guard will take Trevor's note and his precious garlic grinder! :lmao: I give it 2-3 days before the story breaks out in print, plenty of time to get Trevor into a new hiding area. We still haven't heard from Gonzales and Henry for awhile.......... Damn CJ, this story has more plots then a National Cemetery. :lol:

B)................ Interesting chapter, just what kind of name is Basingstoke? Yeah, Sanchez is a great host and the life of the party. 0:) Well the next chapter should have our young hero's headed back, will Fowler intercept them and will Mr. Blake have them 're-locate'? I wonder if the Coast Guard will take Trevor's note and his precious garlic grinder! :lmao: I give it 2-3 days before the story breaks out in print, plenty of time to get Trevor into a new hiding area. We still haven't heard from Gonzales and Henry for awhile.......... Damn CJ, this story has more plots then a National Cemetery. :lol:

Hi Benji,

Well, tomorrow is Sunday. High Tide is at approximately 11:45. So they get underway at 10:45. If they motor sail the entire trip it will be just about a fourteen-hour trip. Faster, if the winds are strong and in their favor. Based on their inbound trip it will take five hours to get from Rhys Lagoon to Denham Bay. That takes care of all day Sunday.

Trevor has two medical appointments first thing Monday morning. Officer Fowler expects the Kookaburra sometime on Sunday. Kline indicated he intended to try getting info from the officers on Sunday. The two officers are expecting problems because of the security breech.

We have heard nothing about the meeting Gonzalez has scheduled with Joel. There has been no mention of Dirk and Jim for a while. Also, consider the strange telephone conversation between Trevor and Ned and his wife. I doubt if all I have mentioned so far, will fit into Chapter 85.

Marty

Hey Marty!

Trevor has two medical appointments first thing Monday morning. Officer Fowler expects the Kookaburra sometime on Sunday. Kline indicated he intended to try getting info from the officers on Sunday. The two officers are expecting problems because of the security breech.

That is a problem, maybe Trevor can make those appointments, but the press is going to be all over the place, he needs safety, and anonymity from Caravan. I wonder if Kline will suspect that Fowler will meet up with Trevor and Shane and make them distance themselves by arriving on the Kookaburra, and hire a boat to chase Fowler?

We have heard nothing about the meeting Gonzalez has scheduled with Joel. There has been no mention of Dirk and Jim for a while. Also, consider the strange telephone conversation between Trevor and Ned and his wife. I doubt if all I have mentioned so far, will fit into Chapter 85.\

Dirk and Jim only need to wait out the Dec. 17th date, yet with the impending news, I doubt even Jim can quiet Dirk down. It will be interesting to see how that enfolds, meanwhile it was a strange conversation with Ned, his wife and Trevor, that needs to be seen as it fruits.

Marty

Edited by Benji

Somehow, with all the set-up and plans enumerated, I suspect our devious author has something completely unexpected to develop in the next couple of chapters. Our intrepid hero Trevor and his current side-kick Shane may actually see some 'old west' style action soon and very soon.

Somehow, with all the set-up and plans enumerated, I suspect our devious author has something completely unexpected to develop in the next couple of chapters. Our intrepid hero Trevor and his current side-kick Shane may actually see some 'old west' style action soon and very soon.

B)................. I have alluded to that scenario several times!!! :lol: :lol:

Excellent chapter. All of the bad guys are present and accounted for, or are referenced by other bad guys.

Sanchez has a killer who is trying to find Trevor. He's a lot closer to Carnarvon in Western Australia than the one in Tasmania. "Watch out, Trevor, watch out!"

Oh, my, the next few chapters should be very interesting!

Colin

Thanks!

Let's see, about 2300 miles from Darwin to Carnarvon Bay, Tasmaina.

And about 1500 to Carnarvon, Western Australia. Yep, closer, but... we don't know what mode of transportation he'll use yet. He could take a train to Melbourne, then hop on a ferry to Tasmania. (There's a rail line from Darwin south to Alice Springs to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne. It's called the Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin).

There are no rail lines anywhere near Carnarvon. (well, except a narrow gauge line just a few miles long within carnarvon).

And, he's flipping a coin to see where to go. So, nothing to worry about. :ph34r:

Que the sinister music. Poor trev its not like he didn't have enough problems.

And we know there's one thing he needs to avoid, and that's stress. So, good thing he doesn't know... but, he doesn't know, so he's not worried. :)

oooo the tension builds.....

*silently curses away at the bad guys...*

Well, yes, there may indeed be a touch of tension coming. :)

I do admit to using a bit of tension here and there.. it's only cliffhangers that I totally avoid. :)

Sanchez sounds like a real fun kind of guy.

Does he do party planning as a sideline? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Party planning?!?!? :lmao:

I love that idea!!!! :2thumbs:

Does he [sanchez] do party planning as a sideline? :lmao::lmao::lmao: That's a great line.

Meanwhile, the contrast of Shane and Trevor gliding across the shallow water pushed by the breeze to the scramble of newsies and maritime agencies to act on the new information is pure tension - and good writing.

The story kicking into high gear. It will be fun to see how the other players are now brought back into the story. Thanks for the newest chapter.

Thanks!

Yep, things speed up... a lot. :)

Trevor is in a fix... he needs the psychologist appointment, and that's in Carnarvon... either that, or he has to attempt a hard voyage without it. :)

Hi Benji,

Well, tomorrow is Sunday. High Tide is at approximately 11:45. So they get underway at 10:45. If they motor sail the entire trip it will be just about a fourteen-hour trip. Faster, if the winds are strong and in their favor. Based on their inbound trip it will take five hours to get from Rhys Lagoon to Denham Bay. That takes care of all day Sunday.

We have heard nothing about the meeting Gonzalez has scheduled with Joel. There has been no mention of Dirk and Jim for a while. Also, consider the strange telephone conversation between Trevor and Ned and his wife. I doubt if all I have mentioned so far, will fit into Chapter 85.

Marty

Winds shouldn't be too much of a problem; there are often strong winds in the region, though they are less where sheltered by terrain (such as Rhys Lagoon). Denham itself is known for it's continual wind, which adds a permanent slant to many trees there.

Getting out of Boat HAven Loop should be faster then getting in, once they get to the main channel. Trevor laid in a GPS track, and known knows the difficult areas, so he could go faster. Maybe six knots in some areas where he came in at 3. Still, it's not easy, and will take time. He can't get out of Boat Haven Loop to open water for at least three hours, and then he has an approx 85 nautical mile run to Carnarvon, so even at a decent sailing speed (say, 14 knots) that puts him into Carnarvon 6 hours later plus 3 to get out of the lagoon and the rest of boat haven loop) so 9pm Carnarvon at the earliest. Of course, all this assumes that Trevor can still handle the very difficult exit from the lagoon.

Something unexpected? Me? 0:)

The story about to break in the press, and a hitman trying to find Trevor... what could possibly go wrong?

And now, time to mention the title of the next chapter, "Back in Command". :boy:

Something unexpected? Me? 0:)

The story about to break in the press, and a hitman trying to find Trevor... what could possibly go wrong?

And now, time to mention the title of the next chapter, "Back in Command". :boy:

B)............ Indeed what can possibly go wrong? 0:) Hopefully Trevor sails out without any problems, but heading back greets a worried Fowler to warn him of the news. I cannot see the Kookaburra landing back in Caravan at all. It is just too dangerous for him, Fowler has to inform Blake and between them decide to 'park' the boat somewhere else. Trefor and Shane will be landlubbers for awhile :lol:, makes sense in the title of the next chapter that someone is taking control or command of the situation. Besides we NEED to hear the convo. of Joel and Gonzales. I predict the deaths of Henry and Fline in the future chapters. :sheep:

Edited by Benji

Let's see, about 2300 miles from Darwin to Carnarvon Bay, Tasmaina.

And about 1500 to Carnarvon, Western Australia. Yep, closer, but... we don't know what mode of transportation he'll use yet. He could take a train to Melbourne, then hop on a ferry to Tasmania. (There's a rail line from Darwin south to Alice Springs to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne. It's called the Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin).

There are no rail lines anywhere near Carnarvon. (well, except a narrow gauge line just a few miles long within carnarvon).

And, he's flipping a coin to see where to go. So, nothing to worry about. :ph34r:

OMG, now I'm worried! Run away, Trev, run away!

Colin B)

Hi Benji,

I predict the deaths of Henry and Fline in the future chapters

I could give a Rat's A$$ about Kline. He is a lowlife reporter. Only thing lower in the food chain are lawyers and one author I can immedately think of. But, Henry is one of the Good Guys.

Marty

PS Did you notice how The Goat is trying to spice up the story? In recent weeks he has been throwing all kind of codswallop into each chapter and The Forum.

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

I could give a Rat's A$ about Kline. He is a lowlife reporter. Only thing lower in the food chain are lawyers and one author I can immedately think of. But, Henry is one of the Good Guys.

Marty

PS Did you notice how The Goat is trying to spice up the story? In recent weeks he has been throwing all kind of codswallop into each chapter and The Forum.

B)............... :wacko: One 'author I can immediately think of'??? 0:)

B)............... :wacko: One 'author I can immediately think of'??? 0:)

Yep!!!!

I wonder how I can get Basingstoke's phone number. Do you think he does hits in

the US? Arizona? Would he do one for two-bits?

Edited by MartyS
  • Site Administrator

Yep!!!!

I wonder how I can get Basingstoke's phone number. Do you think he does hits in

the US? Arizona? Would he do one for two-bits?

Unfortunately the goat is very very very well hidden.

At one point of time, CJ had upset so many readers including his own team that we employed the services of his Zeta reader Bondwriter. We'll just say that Bondy has a dark side to him and that even if Sanchez was real, he would shiver at the name being mentioned. Bondwriter dispatched some of his best men and women to the northern Arizona mountains and did an extensive search only to come up empty handed.

As far as the two bits, we took up a collection and think we got up to $7.42 with an IOU to Bondwriter for the other 10 million. Still no luck :(

Thanks for the chapter CJ, that title has many interpretations. Could be Trevor taking command of the Kook, could be Mr. Blake taking command, could be someone high up in the Coast Guard taking command of hiding Trevor. So many possibilities.

I guess we will have to wait for Tuesday :D

At one point of time, CJ had upset so many readers including his own team that we employed the services of his Zeta reader Bondwriter. We'll just say that Bondy has a dark side to him and that even if Sanchez was real, he would shiver at the name being mentioned. Bondwriter dispatched some of his best men and women to the northern Arizona mountains and did an extensive search only to come up empty handed.

As far as the two bits, we took up a collection and think we got up to $7.42 with an IOU to Bondwriter for the other 10 million. Still no luck :(

Thanks for the chapter CJ, that title has many interpretations. Could be Trevor taking command of the Kook, could be Mr. Blake taking command, could be someone high up in the Coast Guard taking command of hiding Trevor. So many possibilities.

Seeing as he lives n Australia, maybe we could get a Government Grant

B)................. I'm pretty sure I put in the 2 cents! 0:)

I'm pretty sure I put in the 2 cents!

Last of the big time spenders. But, if everyone gave the same amount that means 371 readers donated.

Edited by MartyS

Last of the big time spenders. But, if everyone gave the same amount that means 371 readers donated.

0:)........................... But Marty, it was all I could afford!!! 0:)0:)

Edited by Benji

ack!!

More plots to kill poor, innocent me? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

It's true that there might be a touch of tension and suspense in coming chapters, but just a touch. We're heading for the big reveal of the entire backstory on Dec 17th, story time, less than two weeks away. And there are time jumps between now and then, where quite a few days pass in a chapter.

Don't worry to much about the man known as Basingstoke... We don't even know which Carnarvon he's heading for, or how, or even when, and besides, how much trouble could he really be? We all know that nothing bad ever happens in my stories.

CJ :)

ack!!

More plots to kill poor, innocent me? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

It's true that there might be a touch of tension and suspense in coming chapters, but just a touch. We're heading for the big reveal of the entire backstory on Dec 17th, story time, less than two weeks away. And there are time jumps between now and then, where quite a few days pass in a chapter.

Don't worry to much about the man known as Basingstoke... We don't even know which Carnarvon he's heading for, or how, or even when, and besides, how much trouble could he really be? We all know that nothing bad ever happens in my stories.

CJ :)

Gosh, I'm so glad you said that, CJ. I admit, I was a little apprehensive about the next few chapters containing high levels of tension and possibly even something like a cliffhanger. As it is, I'm much relieved thanks to your reassurance that nothing bad will happen.

Er, you wouldn't lie to us, would you? :unsure:

Gosh, I'm so glad you said that, CJ. I admit, I was a little apprehensive about the next few chapters containing high levels of tension and possibly even something like a cliffhanger. As it is, I'm much relieved thanks to your reassurance that nothing bad will happen.

Er, you wouldn't lie to us, would you? :unsure:

Er, you wouldn't lie to us, would you?

I think you have to remember one thing about CJ. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the butt. He lies like a rug. This is my suggestion. Print out his reply. Mount the page alongside your monitor. While you read the upcoming chapters, compare how you feel about them. Do you feel a high level of tension? How many cliffhangers are in each chapter? After you are finished, you can join one of two groups. The first group knows they cannot trust, "The Goat." The second group thinks they can trust him. I have not heard of many readers admitting to being in Group 2.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..