Lets Talk!

I appreciate the dramatic font change. Anyway, I flatter myself with the title of artist, I'm honing my skills with design and photgraphy classes on saturdays and the studio art classes at school. I've also been working on what I can do digitally with my photos, but I'm nowhere near proficient yet. I also frequent the Met religiously.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Married since '99, no kids (Soapbox issue: Who cares what the Law says, S/O and I were married by a licensed minister before God and our families....the legislature can go pound sand.)

Games were very popular in my house growing up....board games, card games, crosswords, etc. My current game of choice is Bridge. Unfortunately, its popularity has waned for reasons that are unclear to me. I am generally decades younger than the average competitors I play against....in 10 years, I may be a party of one!

LOL don't worry NotTed, I'll probably take up bridge in a few years myself. I did learn and play a little bit a few years ago, but then I kinda got bored and went back to spades and rook...Ever play those?

Added note: I may be completely gay, but I'm in love with a (gasp) woman; Faith Hill.

additional added note: I rationalize things too much, according to my blog readers.

LOL I agree Slaveboy, Faith Hill is very attractive, and lately I've been really addicted to "like we never loved at all", but heck alot of her stuff is really good. And don't feel bad about liking alternative, there's wonderful songs in every genre.

I love to read but lately it's only been books for essays (The use of radiocarbon dating to determine the movement of people during the last glacial anyone?

I like all kinds of music really, house for dancing to, indie/rock for listening to at home, and anything else on the radio in the shower

I've been dating my bf since I was 17 and we're going to be together for the rest of our lives :wub::wub::wub:

My bf's a teacher, and we live together and I can't imagine not being with him. He's the love of my life, and so good to me. :wub: Umm yeah, I'll stop being squishy :D

LOL don't stop being "squishy" I love hearing stuff like that, it's inspiring, and it must be awesome, I'm glad for you. LOL now when it comes to the radiocarbon dating stuff I confess I don't envy you a bit

COOL GUYS!

Alright let's move on to the questions.

Mine is: How many of you are artist? I mean this in any form. Entertainers, actors, painters, photographers etc.

GREEN

Well I can pretend I'm an artist I guess. I mean I plan to write, that's artistic. And I do paint occasionally, but it's totally not artistic at all, it's just me acting like a little kid with water colors. LOL and I always try to be entertaining, does that count? :P

Sure, Friendly, I play spades all the time. It is 'bridge lite'...sort of a gateway card game we use to lure people into the card culture. Once hooked, we then move them up to the big stuff....Trump, then Contract Bridge, and, finally, when they are hopelessly hooked, Duplicate Bridge, the Ultimate Addiction! LOL

Name: Tobias, Tob

Hair: brown

Eyes: grey

Height: 5' 6'' I think

Weight: uhm, let's not talk about that

Dominant side: right

Sexuality: gay

Marital status: single, but maybe working on something

Religious affiliation: Catholic

Favorite thing to do: reading, sleeping, talking with friends

Favorite music: whatever they play on the radio

Sign: Taurus

Profession: Student of Industrial Engeneering

:ph34r:

Edited by Former Member

About Green's not-so-subtle question...I write stories (that I never finish), write songs (which is hard becuase I'm no good with words and can't rhyme), and write poetry (the kind that uses imagery, not the kind that rhymes). So yes, I'm an artist.

Well I always remember being gifted in art class, though I suck at drawing people...But with almost anything else I can sit and sketch it pretty good, but I'm more interested in photography....I've had a few digital cameras in my day, but now I'm interested in the big boy's toys....all the good photography cameras in the $500 range...not the $1000-$2000 range yet, I'm not that good! lol, but amazingly I've gotten some really cool pictures with my previous ones.

Our english teacher is trying to teach us different writing tricks, and it's showing a few poets in our class by her having us read our example aloud, but I'm not good at any of the tricks shes showing us, lol.

Poetry used to be a lot bigger deal than it is now. Maybe the Hip Hop guys can bring it back. While I love to read, I don't like being told what to do, so making me read something for a class ensures that I will plow thru it w/o taking the time to enjoy it (Isn't that what they call "Cutting off the nose to spite the face?"). All the poetry I read growing up was for class assignments, hence, I never really took the time to read it for enjoyment.

While in grad school, I participated in a student church group (don't worry, it was Episcopal....Catholic Lite, Has all the pagentry, but 1/3 less guilt.) Upon graduation, the nice old guy who assisted the Youth Minister (but hardy ever spoke...very reticent), gave each of us a poetry anthology as a graduation gift. For whatever reason, some months later, I actually read some of the stuff in there and found it very enjoyable. So much so that I did the uncharacteristic thing for me and wrote a thank you note some weeks later telling him how much I enjoyed his gift. I received a reply from the man's son saying that he had just passed away and that it meant a lot to him that his father had had an impact on some of the students. Don't know why but the whole scenario touched me. I still have the book and still re-read it occasionally.

Hmm....guess I have thrown this discussion off track...sorry about that.

pax,

notTed

Hmmm, I made that other thread without realizing this was here...

Anyway: My handle is Naiilo, but my name is Matt. I have experienced all of the Matt-esque nicknames including Matt, Mat, Matthew, Matteo, Mateo, Mathius, Matty... I think you get the point. I don't care what you call me, just make sure it's true before you say it.

I'm an Literature major at the University of New Mexico. Though I love writing my creative writing is pretty bad. I tend to write mostly literary critiques, analyses, and technical docs. Oh! - I do a lot of academic editing too. My goals are to work in publishing, while experiencing as much of the world as I can. I love to travel, and am currently trying to find a way to get to the EU for cheap because I am a poor college student.

Even though I am fairly certain I'm gay I am not out, nor am I open about my sexuality. If you were to ask though I don't say I'd deny being gay.

I am 6 feet 1 inch tall, and due to what I now realize was unnecessary depression I need to hit the gym to get back down to my normal 190 pounds. I have what they call Auburn colored hair, and am told that my brown, Korean eyes are "clear and deep". I'm not full Korean, I'm a good mix of four races that I really don't want to go into right now.

My favorite dish is gnocchi with basil-cream sauce. For softdrinks: I like the occaisional Pepsi, but would rather have a nice glass of tea.

My best friend has a student that supposedly knows a lot about astrology. I'm an Aries, and she says that based on my normal attitudes and behaviors, from her observances, I am all Aries; ther isn't any mix of Pisces or Taurus in me. For those of you into Chinese astrology I am a Wood Ox, but can't remember what that means anymore.

Like many of you I also took a Myers/Briggs test... turned up positive for ESFJ, if you need to know a more concrete view of me.

Someone, I believe it was Green asked if any of us are artists. I try to write poetry, but end up feeling like a Vogan most of the time. If you'd like to read some of it go to: http://awesomedude.com/poets/poetry/naiilo.htm . Gabe posted it for me. I also draw a lot. My favorite medium is conte', but I am slowly becoming a big fan of soft pastels, especially Unison pastels. They are so wonderful to work with compared to the cheap ones I'm used to.

I think that's all for now.

ArrivaderLa,

Naiilo ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey!

my name is Jess.

I am 16

Birht day is July 22 1989.

Cancer (sign)

Bisexual

I love to have a fun time

Sports (don't watch just play)

JR. in high school.

I love to write

Reading is a fav pass time for me.

I am going to be a air taffic controller not something I want to be exactly but it pays good! :2thumbs:

Single

Some people say I am mature for my age.

I love my family,

But they don't know about me yet.

My dad is big against same sex anything so I am a little scared.

But I'll make him see. :D

Sorry went a little off there.

Well thats about all I got for ya. If ya want to know more ask me.

Welcome Jas!

It's great to have you here! Just curious but how'd you pick on "air traffic controler" as the job you didn't really want but would pay well? Seems very high stress. Anyway personally I say pick a job that makes you happy, but of course it isn't any of my business. At least pick a few good hobbies that make you happy :D

Good luck with you dad, I wish you the very best. Take care, dude, and have an awesome day!

Kevin

I love my family,

But they don't know about me yet.

My dad is big against same sex anything so I am a little scared.

Welcome Jess Awesome my dad is the same way.. my mom knows but

shes in denial

oK well here it goes

I'm Nicole

16 years old

im 5ft

birthdate july 27,1989

Zodiac Sign - Leo ( RaWr :D )

Jr. in Highschool

I live in Queens , NY

Bisexual

I have a girlfriend

i love to draw , write poems /songs , i write short stories nd wrote one really long novel .

i love to dance and sing ( even tho im not that good at the singing part )

i play softball nd basketball

HUGE BASEBALL FAN ( Lets go yankees :D )

Music.. i listen to anything from hiphop and R&b to rock nd techno

people tell me im mature for my age

im very open minded

i am very easy to talk to nd i love tryin to give advice or even just listening

i like the gossip ( like any girl )

COOL GUYS!

Alright let's move on to the questions.

Mine is: How many of you are artist?

well since i love to write and draw nd dance? i can say im an artist

Edited by CoLeYy

My name is Chris but mainly people call me 'Topher (my ex Mike said that I was way to bubbly to be a Chris and decided to adapt)

I am 27 soon to be 28

I am a full time writer, I have three books out. I also work for the government when I need to suppliment my income.

Lets see what else, everything about me is pretty open so by all means go ahead. Oh yeah Just started to be hosted here!!! Which is really neat, I get to play around with web sites (Though I lack a proper web design program I did the best I could.)

most embaressing moment was being caught the morning after by my ex's mother wearing her sons shirt (yeah it actually happened to me Gods I was terrified)

anyway the web link for the new site is:

http://christopherlydon.gayauthors.org/

I am going to be a air taffic controller not something I want to be exactly but it pays good! :2thumbs:

When you go to school, you'll probably be in my area in Pennsylvania. One of the only places in the country that teaches that is accross the street from where I work.

I guess I'll add my two cents:

My middle name is Aaron, I hate my first name :thumbdown:

I'll be 28 Feb 15th, which makes me an aquarius

Gay Male

I live in eastern Ohio, but work in western Pennsylvania

I'm 6'3" 200lbs

I'm a Jehovah's Witness, but not really practicing anymore (yes gay JW's exist)

I'm of course single (read last line :P )

I have several computer certifications, but work in an auto parts store :wacko: and am ASE certified

I'm only out to people that are not in my religion, except my best friend, but he pretends that I'm straight

I love to ride my bike (haven't been able to in a while, damn winter..)

I love to read, and party with friends

I'm VERY shy, but when I get to know someone, I am very loyal friend

I don't deal well with stress, probably why I'm not out to my family

Well, I can't believe I'm going to post this publicly, but here goes...

Hi All!!!

Well, my name is Kaiten

I'm:

-5'4"

-dark brown hair about 1/4 past my shoulders

-dark brown eyes

-23 yrs old

-female

-I'm a Lefty! Slightly but not really ambidextrous, in a pinch I can write with my right hand...it just looks as if a 5 yr old wrote it! :D I will say though, I recently found out that I throw with my right arm...considering the fact that the words "throw like a girl" and "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn" are probably directed towards me...my aim IS slighly better when I use my right arm

-strait

-8-29-1982 making me virgo the saint virgen 0:)

-Presbyterian although I will say I tend to pick and choose my beliefs, probably more than I should

-grad student in the biomedical research field, still not 100% that this is where I want to go...but it's a fine line between something I'm just good at and something that I enjoy? Someday I'll figure it out, probably right before I retire with a nervous break down!!!

-I have a huge obsession with games...board games are the best, but there's a card game I picked up a few years ago called "pitch". Anyone ever play it? It has got to be THE BEST CARD GAME in the WORLD!!! hehehe that is a good evening for me...a couple of people, a deck of cards and a couple of board games!

-I am a very avid reader...entirely to much so...yes I am a 23 yr old college fruit loop that thinks Harry Potter's pretty cool...that and I read a lot of Sci-Fi books. :lol:

-music: I'm pretty much neutral on music, I'll listen to just about anything, but does rap tends to annoy me for some reason. I've recently become a fan of Greenday though.

-Single, somewhat by choice I suppose...I'll use the usual lack of time response and throw in a couple lack of prospects and good dose of "shyness" on my part

-hmmm...not really sure else to add...my favorite color is green

-I really want to get a puppy, but I figure it's not really fair to a dog to leave him home alone all day...that and I don't think I'm "ready" for the responsibility portion of it, maybe I'll get a fish! Those puffer looking fish are pretty cool! :D

-I suppose that's pretty good.

-I've really enjoyed this website and you all seem to be pretty cool. Thanks for letting me get to know you. Hope the rest of your week goes great! :D

well, my name's howie (which you've probably realised by now)

i'm a european currently living in germany (but probably moving to paris soon)

i don't speak a single language perfectly (have learnt too many in my life for my poor brain to cope with)

i'm currently 27, and planning on staying that way until i become 35 in about 15 years.

am averagely tall (about 180cm)

and averagely heavy (about 80kg)

i usually cycle everywhere, which keeps care of the health side, because my daily commute is between 50 and 100 km, but it's too cold at the moment, so i'm taking the train.

i'm a concert pianist, and i sing okay as a hobby.

i teach university level maths.

i'm very interested in open source software and spend most of my freetime at the moment breaking linux.

i also like drawing and writing. sadly i haven't yet written anything in english.

and my breakfast is now ready...

edited:

there i go forgetting the most important things.

i'm male, gay, brown-hair and brown-eyes.

i'm politically extreme left.

i harbour an intense dislike of bush and the people behind him.

i'm 100% atheist, and tend to laugh at religious people.

Edited by Howie

Hey, the name is Greg (it's my birthday) and nobody sends me PMs

I am 16 (today!!!)

My birthday is January 31, 1990

Aquarius

I love to exercise my constitutional rights and lefts

I am not on any teams at the moment, but I've been on amazing sports teams in the past...although

watching sports on the TV is not that interesting to me. I think I'm the only guy who's pretending to care about the superbowl outside his bets.

Sophomore or as we say at "EC" Junmore (second semester sophomore...almost junior...nevermind)

I like to read and write

I also like illiciting attention by physical means

My favorite pass time is somewhere between pole-dancing and sleeping/eating

Before now I never had to think about my future because money was good, but now I might have to work...dunno what though

I used to be hyper-mature, but of late I've been taking advantage of the few years I have left as a kid

I love my family, we're completely in denial about everything...except politics and pop culture

My dad is overseas, my mom is almost back to her old self, Tyler just hit his rebellious stage, y yo soy muy excellente.

I'm also a wonderful liar and have a history of getting away with anything.

I seem outgoing, but I'm really, really shy.

I'm also really insane (most days)

Now you know all that there is to know about me, except the stuff I left off.

--Gregorio

-I'm a Lefty! Slightly but not really ambidextrous, in a pinch I can write with my right hand...it just looks as if a 5 yr old wrote it!

-Presbyterian although I will say I tend to pick and choose my beliefs, probably more than I should

-grad student in the biomedical research field, still not 100% that this is where I want to go...but it's a fine line between something I'm just good at and something that I enjoy? Someday I'll figure it out, probably right before I retire with a nervous break down!!!

-I have a huge obsession with games...board games are the best, but there's a card game I picked up a few years ago called "pitch". Anyone ever play it? It has got to be THE BEST CARD GAME in the WORLD!!! hehehe that is a good evening for me...a couple of people, a deck of cards and a couple of board games!

-music: I'm pretty much neutral on music, I'll listen to just about anything, but does rap tends to annoy me for some reason. I've recently become a fan of Greenday though.

-I've really enjoyed this website and you all seem to be pretty cool. Thanks for letting me get to know you. Hope the rest of your week goes great! :D

I'm working on improving my ambidextrous abilities, I'm naturally right handed but it's fun to be able to go both ways (yes I did mean that with a little innuendo).

I'm Catholic and pick and choose my beliefs too. Frankly I think it's a good idea, no one should just believe everything their told without questioning it for themselves (IMO).

LOL I hope you figure out what you should be doing, I certainly know what you mean there. I graduate in May with a B.A. in Psychology and Sociology, and now I'm thinking I'm not going to do anything with either.

Games rock! I like board games, but I'm much more into card games! Spades is my favorite, I also love Rook, Canasta, Hearts and......welll just about all card games really. I like all the gambling ones too, though I personally like 7 card stud much better than Texas Hold 'em, and I'm sorry that's the one that "caught on" so much.

Greenday's great!

Thanks for letting us get to know you too! Have an awesome day and take care :D:D

Kevin

i don't speak a single language perfectly (have learnt too many in my life for my poor brain to cope with)

i'm currently 27, and planning on staying that way until i become 35 in about 15 years.

i usually cycle everywhere, which keeps care of the health side, because my daily commute is between 50 and 100 km, but it's too cold at the moment, so i'm taking the train.

i'm a concert pianist, and i sing okay as a hobby.

i'm 100% atheist, and tend to laugh at religious people.

That's so cool that you can say "yeah, I'm fluent in nothing, but I speak so many!"

Dude! Thanks for giving me an idea with that age thing. 22 has always been my romanticized ideal age (and it has been good), so maybe I can just stay 22 for a few years. HMMMM

The cycling thing sounds awesome! I've been thinking of taking it up. I'm a big walker and had started running, but cycling might be fun.

Wow that concert pianist thing is fantastic! Go you! I wish I could play the piano. Also totally great that you can sing :2thumbs:

Personally I don't think anyone's beliefs should be laughed at. Especially if they've actually thought them out, and they work for that person. But no offense, just my opinion.

Anyway have a great day and take care,

Kevin

Edit: So I have a question. I meant to post this as two seperate posts so that it wasn't all long and difficult to follow, but it automatically attached my 2nd post to my 1st one. Why? But then the 3rd one was seperate??

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Hey, the name is Greg (it's my birthday) and nobody sends me PMs

I am 16 (today!!!)

My birthday is January 31, 1990

Sophomore or as we say at "EC" Junmore (second semester sophomore...almost junior...nevermind)

My favorite pass time is somewhere between pole-dancing and sleeping/eating

I'm also a wonderful liar and have a history of getting away with anything.

I seem outgoing, but I'm really, really shy.

I'm also really insane (most days)

Now you know all that there is to know about me, except the stuff I left off.

--Gregorio

Happy Birthday Greg!

LOL that's a cool way to describe being a 2nd semester Soph.

haha I think most people's favorite pastime lies somewhere between pole-dancing and sleeping/eating :P:boy::D

Being a good liar can definitely come in handy! Just don't use your powers for evil.

I know what you mean about seeming outgoing. Or seeming shy for that matter. I'm both depending on the circumstances and my mood. Like with new people or really unfamilar situations I'm very outgoing since I find that to be pretty useful. With people I know, but not that well, or in situations I have some experience with but not alot, I tend to be very quiet and just observe, since I feel like I need to learn more. With very familar people or circumstances I guess I'm just fairly balanced.

I'm insane too! Insanity rocks! :2thumbs::music::boy:

HI!!

My friends call me AL

I'll be 20 this june 11

I'm a Gemini ( i'm not really familliar with zodiac signs, my boyfriend john is really in to that. He says I'm a gemini so there.! lol!!)

I'm a 2nd year law student. (Guess where my school is!!!!!!! hehehehe!)

I like reading stories, but i can't write one, no matter how hard i try, i just cant! lol.

oh what i look like?

well the picture under my name was taken last month, but if that's not enough ok.....

i have blonde hair

grey eyes (it freaks people out, and i don't know why, and i don't really care! lol)

i'm 6'0

my build? i don't know how to describe it, i mean i have a six pack, but not really muscular, i have no idea on those things. hehehhehe.

my hobbies other than reading, i like to eat..... alot! i also like to sleep....... alot! lol!

i also like to stay in control over situations.

my friends describe me as an intense guy, very protective, and annoying sometimes. hahahahha.

I'm not a shy person, I don't care what people think about me, if they like me, fine!, if they don't their loss.

what else? hmmm.......

oh

Throw me a lion, snake, or anything wild..... It's not gonna scare me.

But a bird? I'll scream like a girl!

Birds are my worst nightmares!!

I almost failed an important exam when i was a freshman because there's this bird in our corridor, i dont even know how it got there!!! and i couldn't get past it!! pathetic i know! hahahahahahaha!!!

oh yeah, religion, I don't have anything against those people, it's just that they get annoying sometimes,

you say "hi" to them and next thing you know, they are using the word GOD 5 times in a sentence, and always making you join their religious groups.

what else?

oh if you ask me who is the most important man in my life, I'll say John, he's my boyfriend for 4 years!

he's my soulmate.

and everyday our love get's stronger and stronger **sniff**

enough with that!! lol

well i guess that's it!

i would like to tell you guys what it was like for me when i was in my mother womb, but i can't remember!!!! hahahahahahhahaha!

(i think that was what JD said to Dan when he was askin about his sister nickie. Just hit Send.) lol!

Edited by albrich

Hey.

I'm known as many names, I use Silver'd here because I couldn't think of anything else constructive. Some people call me B. (First letter of my name). :P

Anywho. I'm a Taurus, I was born on the 16th of May, 1986. I'm currently 19 but soon I'll be 20, makes me feel rather old really. (My lil brother doesn