Lets Talk!

I am starting this thread as a way to get more of us to communicate. There is so many of you guys here but we barely know you. So let's talk.

My name is Green. Yes that is my real name. I am 22 and I am a Capricorn.

My quirks.

I am extremyly tidy, extremely paranoid and a very loyal friend. I am a former smoker not that anyone would know because I don't let anyone around me smoke. I am extremely against drugs and I have been known to drop friends over it. I can outdrink most of my friends except for one and I have been known to throw a punch here and there( read my blog).

I think of myself as a fair person. I believe that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion as long they do not enforce it on me without my permission. I was born in Guatemala, to american missionary parents who were very religious.

Now let's know about you and please asks questions. Also please do not share what you aren't comfortable with sharing. Let's have fun with this one.

I want to know who you guys are and what makes you tick.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like fun :P

Well, my name is Vivian... I am 28 and I am married to my high school sweetheart :wub: and we have 2 kids. I got married when I was 17 in Las Vegas with a note from my mom... true story!

I love kids! I love to cook and throw parties and sing. I think I am creative, I make my own Christmas cards by hand too. Yay!

I like to think I am an optimist. I am definitely a control freak, and organized. I HAVE to have a plan... ALWAYS! I might need to have a list of my lists soon :blink:

I am also the one that everyone goes to for advice or for a listening ear and then I end up giving them unsolicited advice anyway 0:) some of my friends even call me therapist Viv!

I would like to think that given all the loss I have experienced in my life so far that I have endured it and am stronger for it. I am an empathetic person... you know that saying 'I feel your pain'... well for me it's true. I really do... and while it is difficult to deal sometimes with all the emotions, I wouldn't trade it for anything because it allows me to be a good friend and understand situations better. I am REALLY good at reading people, probably because of that.

What did I miss? Hmm? I don't know... Oh! I hate my hair! I guess that's it for now...

My name is Greg. I'm 15 and too cynical to be younger than dirt.

I'm a military brat. I don't have a home and I'm scared of new people, although you couldn't tell by the way I act. I'm very shy and I care about what people think, no matter what I say sometimes. I've survived scandal and stuff most people can only imagine and I use that as an excuse to be antisocial.

I live life in the moment, even if the moment turns out to be an hour or two of planning. I've spent a lot of time searching for a purpose, falling victim to existentialism and then to isolation and then to perky and outgoing and back around the circle.

Despite it all, I understand how people feel. Even though I'm reluctant to say it at times, I'm not a complete a$$hole.

My ideals are unreal, but I still think I can make them a reality. I hate my nose, and I'm barely hanging on.

For me that's normal, so stay off the suicide talks, I love myself enough to avoid that.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Edited by loser-ish
This sounds like fun :P

Well, my name is Vivian... I am 28 and I am married to my high school sweetheart :wub: and we have 2 kids. I got married when I was 17 in Las Vegas with a note from my mom... true story!

I love kids! I love to cook and throw parties and sing. I think I am creative, I make my own Christmas cards by hand too. Yay!

I like to think I am an optimist. I am definitely a control freak, and organized. I HAVE to have a plan... ALWAYS! I might need to have a list of my lists soon :blink:

I am also the one that everyone goes to for advice or for a listening ear and then I end up giving them unsolicited advice anyway 0:) some of my friends even call me therapist Viv!

I would like to think that given all the loss I have experienced in my life so far that I have endured it and am stronger for it. I am an empathetic person... you know that saying 'I feel your pain'... well for me it's true. I really do... and while it is difficult to deal sometimes with all the emotions, I wouldn't trade it for anything because it allows me to be a good friend and understand situations better. I am REALLY good at reading people, probably because of that.

What did I miss? Hmm? I don't know... Oh! I hate my hair! I guess that's it for now...

LOL that's so cool Viv about getting married in Las Vegas at 17 w/ a note from mom! Sounds like a really awesome life too, marrying your highschool sweetheart, having two kids, making your own Christmas cards! Sounds great!

LOL as for the the rest well it sounds alot like me, I'm optimistic and highly empathetic too. Once I listened to someone describe in detail how their appendix had ruptured and I swear I thought mine was going to as well!......Actually it's reasons like this that I'm often "in my own world" so to speak. I don't watch the news for instance because it just upsets me. It's for the same reason that I can't stand to listen to two people who strongly hold vastly different political or religous stances argue. So let's see apart from being strongly anti-conflict what else is there to me? Well actually oddly enough I have a tendency to "play devil's advocate", I guess because I have a tendency to defend people (even if they aren't really there getting attacked) and the positions they might hold. But I never let it get personal or too heated when I do it.

In my entire life I've had all of one puff of a cigarret and never used an illegal drug. I used to drink a pretty good amount (as much as my friends), but then I quit alltogether for about a year, and now am only a VERY light drinker, and I don't drink at all if there's any chance there won't be someone stone sober to take everyone home. I quit drinking caffiene about a year or so ago too, and boy do I feel better now! I have much more energy and feel much healthier. Oh yeah I'm something of a health nut, well only a little bit though. I try to eat right, I take vitamins etc. And I love my fruits and vegitables. My only real dietary vice is my absolute addiction to chocolate (also the only source of caffiene left in my diet).

I hate driving ALOT, but I've never been in an accident while driving. I'm also really paranoid when my friends and family are going to be on the road (in fact I'm looking forward to seeing a friend of mine first thing in the morning because I know she drove a good bit yesterday and I want to make sure she's ok). I'm kinda scattered and absent minded and I spend quite a good bit of my day saying "....now what was I going to say?" or trying to figure out "why'd I come in here?". I'm convinced I must have ADD (either that or senility), but I've never been diagonised, and I guess since I technically don't let it interfer with my life, I don't have it.

Blue's my favorite color and often times I'm tempted to buy something blue just because it's blue even if I don't need it. Oh yeah and in case you were wondering blue M&Ms are definitely better than the others.

I love animals and people for that matter, and always assume both are going to be "good" unless I have reason to believe otherwise. Oh yeah with the exception of snakes, snakes really freak me out. People having public displays of affection make me smile. I love kids. I'll eat just about any type of food. I usually have a good time wherever I go, whomever I go with, and whatever we're doing. But at the same time I consider myself very independent and don't mind going places and doing stuff on my own, in fact I eat out by myself a couple of times a week, and often go shopping alone. It would be more fun with someone else, like a BOYFRIEND, but hey I'm not letting it stop me. In fact 2 years ago I was kinda down around Valentine's day, and I'd been really bummed out all week leading up to it, but on Valentine's night I decided "screw it, I'm not going to let this get me down" And I dressed up and took myself out to dinner and a romantic evening. lol I even managed to not get too down when I was the only one at the restaurant not in a couple.

Anyway if you want to know anything else just ask :D

My name is Nick, Im 14 and I'll be 15 on Feb 21. I have a bf that was my best friend for almost 4 years before we started dating even though he took my breath away from the first we met.

I live with my dad and my stepmom, who I love like she's my real mom. I never got to know my real mom, but Im not bitter about that anymore. I know one day the Lord will take me home and when he does, I'll see her face. Im a Christian, and so is my bf, and I really believe that it's our faith in the Word of God that makes us a stronger couple.

I used to worry all the time about my weight and last year I ended up in the hospital from being sick because I was 15 pounds underweight. Now it seems like I cant eat enough to fill my stomach. I love cheesecake, sweetpotato pie, grits, homemade bread, cereal after school and reeses peanut butter cups.

My musical tastes are a little different from others. I can listen to the Wall by Pink Floyd over and over again for a month at a time if Im feeling depressed, or I can listen to rap or r&b(I love to listen to old 2pac or the Lox and I LOVE the Fugees and Musiq Soulchild) or I can listen to old rock music(Dooby Brothers, Steely Dan, Al Stewart, Kenny Loggins). My favorite song of all time is Year of the cat.

Im out of the closet to my whole family, and I feel really good about that. If my dad never gave me anything else in my life, the gift he gave me by still being my dad and loving me after I came out is enough.

I love to go shopping and I especially love buying new clothes. I also love riding dirt bikes and fishing. I've been in some fights, but so far, not at school this year. I took boxing lessons when I was little and I've really only lost one fight in my life.

I don't smoke ciggarettes and I wonder why people would. I do smoke weed, and I wonder why I do sometimes. I guess I do it because it's fun.

I got straight A's on my report card that I brought home on friday, so Im a happy boy because now my grandpa owes me 120 dollars and I know that when my other grandparents see it, Im going to get even more money.

Oh, yeah, Im also an author here. Im writing a story about my bf and I, and even though I only planned on it being 20 chapters long, Im actually about to start chapter 31 and Im only a few months along in a story that is supposed to cover 4 years.

I read a lot, but not as much as I should. I try to stay away from newspapers because I see a political bias in them, and I hate watching the news because all of it's bad right now. I used go to the soapbox, where I had some viscious debates and made a lot of good friends in the process. So even though it's closed now, tht's always going to be my favorite section of this forum. The other place love to be is in the library. I love the story, The Life and Death of Julian Grace, and I cant wait for more. I also love to read Dom Luka stories. I go to nifty sometimes, but only to see if one particular story has been updated.

Ok, Im going to go lay back down now. Feel free to ask if you want to know more :)

Alright, why not?

My name is Chris. I'm nineteen, and a college sophomore.

I'm the son of a conservative Southern Baptist preacher and raging liberal poet/writer. I call myself a centrist, mainly so I can argue with both of them :P . It's fun - I know that if I've ever got time to kill, all I have to do is bring up Reagan and watch the ensuing debates rage for hours.

I have what might be the worst sense of direction in the history of the world. I've lived in this city my whole life, but still manage to get lost nearly every time I'm in a car. And sometimes when I'm not in a car.

I love juggling, reading, and writing. I listen to punk, indie, folk...anything with cracking, off-key vocals and low production value.

I have a bf that was my best friend for almost 4 years before we started dating even though he took my breath away from the first we met.

Oh god do I know what that's about. I met my best friend at the start of 6th grade and have grown to love him, and even though I'm not sure if I would be able to tell him my feelings, I don't think it would be the best time to when his bitchy girlfriend is in the picture and almost forcibly consuming all his time. See, from what I can tell, theres like a 50% chance of him being gay....yea I know thats like saying a baby has a 50% chance of being a boy, but that's all I've got to work with right now. He occasionally gives these weird hints (?) but I'm not sure if hes goofing around or what. He used to kiddingly act homophobic, like this guy we knew was just acting gay one day, and Justin (that's his name for those of you who dont know) would kinda like back up and act freaked out, but he was kidding or something, because he was smiling while doing it. That's one of my quirks right there....I can read him on just about any topic except sexuality. But then one day as we were leaving track, somehow "gay" came up and he moreless said he was okay with them..... But he's still my best friend, through all he's put me through with his girlfriend (read my blog) and I forgive him because I know its her fault. I pray and pray that they eventually break up, because two people couldnt be any more uncompatible, and before they started going out, he was always happy, and that was one of the things that made my day, seeing him smile. But since she came along, at least once a week he's down and out and I cant seem to comfort him.

Anyway, back to me, since I guess that's what this is about, heh. I'm 16, my name is Ron ("Oh my god, ur name is ron? noo, it cant be... Are u sure?) Yep, my name is Ron guys, sorry. I live in a smallish town in SD.

I got a mom, a dad, a brother, my elderly dog Oreo, and my 4 month old puppy XANDER :o . My mom and dad are divorced and I live with my mom, but I see my dad like every weekend and my mom and him are still pretty good friends. That seems strange I know, because most divorced couples want to tear each other apart. I guess I'm a bit of a health nut too. This summer I started listening to Kevin Trudeau's book on CD...."Natural cures they dont want you to know about" and its changed my life in a good way. I completely stopped drinking pop, I absolutely wont eat fast food, except for like Dairy Queens ice cream because I dont really feel there is anything wrong with that cept for the sugar and stuff... I wont eat MSG (monosodium glutamate) or aspartame (an artifical sweetener). The only thing I basically drink is reverse osmosis filtered water, except for milk at school. I don't believe in prescription or nonprescription drugs and I would only have them given to me in case of emergency, like I was bleeding to death or something. Although I havent gotten to give it a try yet, I believe him when he says that sickness lies in the body's pH level...if ur body is acidic, you are vulnerable to disease and sickness, if ur body is alkaline, you virtually cant get sick, and if you do, it would be very minimal and the virus or bacteria would have to been pretty strong..

Obviously then, I dont smoke or do drugs, lol. If someone I know is getting themselves into it, I try to help them, and have gotten pissed at many a time. I'm a pretty good student, most of the time will get all A's except for like one B+, which pisses me off because I knew if I would have worked like a speck harder, I could have had the 4.0.

My music taste is pretty much punk rock like linkin park, blink 182, green day...yea. I dont really like country except when I'm trying to go to sleep on the way home from a trip, but there are a few country songs I like.

I'm kind of confused on my sexuality feelings. I mean I'm definately attracted to guys, and I like girls as friends (another one of my peeves is when a gay guy goes "ewwww" when a girl comes up in a convo <_< , I mean, grow up, lol) but ever since I've been little, I've wanted to be a dad, like actually my own kid. Im not thinkin that's gonna be possible when Im gay.

Guess thats all I have for now, feel free to ask me something if you want.

My name is Lance, but I prefer Reaper. I'm a 15 year old high school sophomore.

I'm from/in NYC and am actually sort of secretive (which is interesting because I'm a terrible liar). I rarely ever open up to people, and even then without any sort of emotion. It irritates my friends, though they rarely say so to my face, but they're still around so I guess I'm doing something right.

Anyway, I've always loved art and frequent the Met religiously. Being gay was one of the few things I was sure of about myself for years, so it kind of got pushed down to the bottom of my list of indentity crises. It also means that I ever gave much thought to not having a bf until quite recently. I'm out to a group of friends, and anyone who doesn't know I assume has guessed.

Where I am now is satisfying. I take weekend courses at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) in Menswear Design and Photography, both of which I am enjoying immensely. As for other pursuits in my life, they include writing and an interest in World History. Quite an array, but I'm sure I'll settle on something.

My friend and myself want to emulate the club kids and and other avante garde movements, in both NYC and London. So I am inspired by mod, punk, glam, and any of those '60s-'80s styles. I've become more and more extroverted as of late. Holding the hands of my senior friends through the college app process had made me lend more thought to my future. I feel like starting a Warhol-meets-Wonka Factory in the Terminal Warehouse building might be bit out of reach.

One of my favorite activites since meeting my psychotic Improv friend is public weirdnes. My favorite venue for this is the elevator at Bergdorf Goodman, where we talk into our shoes and do yoga. We've gotten some great looks and we have more ideas every day.

I suppose there are other more relevant things I can tell you. I drink and shop way too much. I have a lot of family in Argentina and I visit them frequently with my parents. I love the movies Velvet Golmine, Party Monster, The Legend of Leigh Bowery, Silence of the Lambs, and everything by Almod

I got a mom, a dad, a brother, my elderly dog Oreo, and my 4 month old puppy XANDER :o . My mom and dad are divorced and I live with my mom, but I see my dad like every weekend and my mom and him are still pretty good friends. That seems strange I know, because most divorced couples want to tear each other apart. I guess I'm a bit of a health nut too. This summer I started listening to Kevin Trudeau's book on CD...."Natural cures they dont want you to know about" and its changed my life in a good way. I completely stopped drinking pop, I absolutely wont eat fast food, except for like Dairy Queens ice cream because I dont really feel there is anything wrong with that cept for the sugar and stuff... I wont eat MSG (monosodium glutamate) or aspartame (an artifical sweetener). The only thing I basically drink is reverse osmosis filtered water, except for milk at school. I don't believe in prescription or nonprescription drugs and I would only have them given to me in case of emergency, like I was bleeding to death or something. Although I havent gotten to give it a try yet, I believe him when he says that sickness lies in the body's pH level...if ur body is acidic, you are vulnerable to disease and sickness, if ur body is alkaline, you virtually cant get sick, and if you do, it would be very minimal and the virus or bacteria would have to been pretty strong..

My music taste is pretty much punk rock like linkin park, blink 182, green day...yea. I dont really like country except when I'm trying to go to sleep on the way home from a trip, but there are a few country songs I like.

I'm kind of confused on my sexuality feelings. I mean I'm definately attracted to guys, and I like girls as friends (another one of my peeves is when a gay guy goes "ewwww" when a girl comes up in a convo <_< , I mean, grow up, lol) but ever since I've been little, I've wanted to be a dad, like actually my own kid. Im not thinkin that's gonna be possible when Im gay.

Hey Ron, that's cool a really cool concept with the acidity/alkaline thing. I'd never heard that before though. I also quit drinking pop, but basically because Sprite and it's version w/ other companies is the only one caffiene free, and I don't like it THAT much. I've always naturally shyed away from artifical sweetners (of course that could be partly due to my sugar obsession :D .

Sounds like we have a similar taste in music. Blink 182 and Green day were my two favorite bands for years (and Eve 6), and recently I"ve been listening too and enjoying Linkin park. Actually I like most all types of music though, and since everyone at work listens to country, it's really been growing on me too.

I know what you mean about the dad thing too. If there's one thing I've always been sure about it's that I wanted to be a dad. I used to joke to my friends that if I were a woman I might be tempted to try to get knocked up on purpose :P (J/K I wouldn't really). Anyway don't let being gay dissaude you. I'm still definitely going to have a child (Probably adopt), even if it means moving somewhere else where it's legal (I'm not sure which states allow it and which don't. Anyway good luck.

One of my favorite activites since meeting my psychotic Improv friend is public weirdnes. My favorite venue for this is the elevator at Bergdorf Goodman, where we talk into our shoes and do yoga. We've gotten some great looks and we have more ideas every day.

I suppose there are other more relevant things I can tell you. I drink and shop way too much.

I'm not religious at all, I'm a flaming liberal (but fiscal conservative), but arguing politics, I've realizied, is an aggravating and unglamorous activity. I already look like a Victorian undertaker, I'm really pale, tall, and skinny with dark hair and eyes. Not to mention the abiity to arch my eyebrow in a way that everyone agrees is disturbing. It's also gotten to the point that my mother sits me down and watches me eat. Having a 30 inch waist and 34 inch inseam makes it hard to find jeans.

Hey Reaper, I agree with you, weirdness is one of the most satisfying things in life :P .....though I usually go for more of a spaced out, carefree, kinda weirdness and not the morbid kind....But some of my best friends have gone with the morbid kind lol. Life's really more fun when you see it from all angels, especially the less conventional ones. Shopping is fun too. I'm also really pale and (apparently) thin. Though only medium hight. Anyway I wear 30x32 and that's hard enough to find, I hate to try to find 30x34. Actually sometimes I try to find 29 or 28X 32, because I like my clothes to fit very snugly, and that's really tough as well. I don't get it personally. I mean I think they should have all the huge sizes, but I don't see why they don't carry some on the smaller end of the range.

but ever since I've been little, I've wanted to be a dad, like actually my own kid. Im not thinkin that's gonna be possible when Im gay.

Hey, I've got two kids. Believe me, being gay is not a deal-breaker there. Yes, it is more difficult, to be sure, but if you want it, you can do it. And, as I think I keep telling people, you should have kids if you want them. There are so many that aren't wanted by their parents -- it's kind of sad that being wanted is a special gift you can give your children, but it is, and if you want to you really should. It'll mean there's at least one more child in the world who's actually wanted, and that's a good thing.

-Dan

Greets!

I'm Dio, I have three lettres in my first name which is probably my claim to fame. Also of note, if you add a de you get diode, which really has nothing to do with me, but happens to be my nickname and rhymes with toad, if you were so inclined.

Quirks?

I'm a Texan living in Quebec...howz that for quirky? And I wonder how many of you know what poutine is. I sure didn't before I moved here... :blink:

Lots of interesting posts in here, you buggers distracted me all morning! Its nice to see so many blogs running too. Way more active than when I first got here :ph34r:

....I wonder how many of you know what poutine is. I sure didn't before I moved here... :blink:

But you must have adapted quickly. Very similar to Frito pie, a traditional Texan staple:

Fried starch (pommes frites instead of Fritos)

+ melty dairy product (curds instead of cheese)

+ gloppy brown flavoring goop (gravy instead of chili)

Has all the same essential features -- i.e., high in saturated fat/carbohydrate/sodium, waist-bulging, artery-clogging....LOL :lol::lmao:

ummmmmm, ok

well

ahhhhh

My names Andrew

AJ to my friends

just turned 23

Im a "starving artist" / aspiring chef, still living at home with my Bible thumping homophobic parents. I myself am a Christian, but there views and mine are definitely not the same.

In the closet to most people IRL, but most on line know im gay

Single at the moment, still trying to deal with alot of issues from my past and slowly rebuilding my trust in men, it really sucks being gay when you distrust men and are frightened of them.

Stuck in that viscous circle of need schooling to get a really good job, need cash for school, need a job for cash and the job market here SUCKS, has a sweet job this summer working as a pastry chef at a yacht club ((had major crush on my boss)), must say was the best job i have had yet, and the eye candy was nice **blushes**

Love to cook, the arts, reading / writing, nature, boys *g*,camping, collecting old books / coins , kids, spending time with my beautiful little niece who i cant believe is almost 2, damn time goes to fast.

hummmmm, pet peeves, people who hurt kids, BUSH ((sorry, just cant stand the guy)), homophobs, people who talk shit about others behind there backs while pretending to be there friends, some others but wont go there right now.

well, cant think of anything else

guess if there something ya wanna know go ahead and ask

doesn't guarantee an answer, but no harm in askin.

I'm:

6'0"

Dark-haired

Male

Left handed

Bisexual

An INTJ

A Virgo

Active in a Conservative Baptist Church (gasp)

A story Writer

A music Writer

A Network Admin

A Programmer

A Game Player ( mostly RPGs, though not the ones you have to play online)

A Game Maker (Yep, story, programming, models, everything)

An avid reader

A listener of all music styles except rap (which, not to offend anyone, I don't consider "music")

Single at the moment, but it looks like something might be developing with a girl (another gasp) :P

Regretting that a certain Male friend doesn't share my feelings for him.

Pretty smart (I've taken 2 IQ tests. On an off day I scored 168. On a good day, I scored 182)

Athletically challenged (I'm terrible at sports. Being uncoordinated doesn't help either.)

Honest, even sometimes when I probably shouldn't be.

Okay, I think Ender gave us a new template, heh..

5'10"ish

Medium brown hair

Male

Right Handed

Gay, or Bisexual really leaning towards male :P

Open minded?

A Cancer

A Catholic tho I think I might be Lutheran

I try to write stories?

Dont write music

Our home network admin :P

Interested in programming but have little knowledge or experience

I like games like THPS's and different adventure games I guess, like Ratchet and Clank, lol

Tried making a game, need to know programming ;)

A good reader, just dont do it that often

Like punk rock, rock, a few country songs....

Single

Wishing to tell a certain male (best) friend :unsure: my feelings

Pretty smart I guess? I'm in all the advanced classes that I can be and get mostly A's an occasionally a B

I also suck at sports...you should see how off I am at trying to catch a ball...lmao

I lie very seldom, just keep it to myself I guess, depending what we're talking

Yep, lol

Edited by xander

Let's see...

I'm a gay male in my early 40s. Although I've been out since my early teens, I'm not flamboyant about it and am masculine.

I'm 6' 2" 240 and I hit the gym every day. I mountain bike and am known to wander around with my camera looking for targets of opportunity.

I've got green eyes and blond hair. I'm a iNTj or a Leo depending on whether you believe in psychology or astrology. :P

I have a degree in Computer Science and have worked as a programmer, systems analyst and a systems administrator for the last 20 years.

I currently have two serial stories out. Broken is hosted at awesomedude and deweywriter.

Operation Hammerhead is in the members story section here and several other places.

My short stories Jeff and the Cool Green Sea are hosted at Awesomedude and deweywriter.

I've got an old, fat tabby cat with a grumpy disposition named Boo.

Oh yeah, I'm from Mississippi but I wear shoes and have been domesticated.

Lately I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins, Limp Biscuit, STP, Green Day.

My favorite net authors are, in no particular order: Driver, Dewey, Freethinker, Comicality, Dom Luka, EggMan, Jamie, EleCivil, Graeme and others.

I stay out of churchs as I have this thing about holy water, avoid mirrors and sleep during the day, hunt at night. Perhaps I've said too much...

LOL I do like this format. I'm:

-5'10''

-Reddish dark blonde hair (right now, but it's naturally a medium to light brown,,,I think :blink: )

-male

-Ambidextrous, but self taught and still lean right handed

-Gay, with maybe some bisexual tendencies

-ENFJ (I believe in psychology, but if you want the astrology), Virgo

-A liberal Catholic, who identifies strongly with evangelical, non-denominational (non-fundamentalist) Christians

-I plan to be a writer, and come up with ideas all the time, don't often have the discipline to write them down tho

-I love games, especially cards, of which Spades (a partnership game w/ a trump suit) is my favorite

-I read a pretty good bit

-I like almost all types of music, but generally I like music that engages me rather than playing in the background, and I have to have silence if I'm writing or reading. ( I don't think my limited attention span can handle any extra stimulation :P )

-Single, but interested in finding something long-term and serious (I'll take it slow though, I just won't waste my time (and feelings) on something I know is temporary and casual)

-Smart by all testable criteria, but I hate saying stuff like that. I do score well on intelligence and other standardized tests though, and I learn quickly so I suppose it's true.

-As far as Athletics go, I'm pretty good if I'm naturally good at the sport. If I'm not I soon lose interest in it. alot like regular games actually, plus I think that in general with team and partnership stuff if I'm not doing really well I feel guilty about holding everyone back and so I quit playing. I never feel like that myself though with the weaker players, I'm there to have fun, but if I'm not good I leave so people that AREN'T just there to have fun, but also really want to win don't have to put up with me,,,if that makes any sense. Either way I usually enjoy being phsyically active.

-Honesty, well in general I'm pretty honest, but I'm not at all blunt, I'm NOT one of those people someone goes to to "give it to em straight"....I'm pretty much going to dilute anything harsh or unpleasent as much as possible. I can't help it,,,,and actually I handle stuff better myself too, when people aren't that blunt, but just hint around and let me catch on myself.

Have a great day everyone :D

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Lets see:

-6'0

-Like hell im going to tell you my wieght (only thing that i had bad experince with in the past so im a little sensitive of my wieght even today)

-Black Hair, some of it turning brown b/c of the bleaching effect from sun

-Right handed (although i have been known to use left handed for that thing :devil: , Hehe)

-Male

-Gay

-Pesstimistic (ms?): for some odd reason i some scored that on a psych test so here i put it. hehe (yes i know what it means)

-Im a Leo

-Im a studnet in highschool, currently in 12th grade

-Go to the gym 3 times a week for 2hrs each session.

-Im a fan of Scifi and horror movies

-Im a readaoholic, Hehe

-No religous affliation (so currently atheist, but i have studied the jist of most religons)

-I try to write stories but most are in hiatus b/c of the writers block i get.

-Like almost all types of music except country.

-I love choclate.

Jules

PS:Going to have to cancel date (not that type, hehe) with all of ya in the live chat room.

I'll play too:

5'8.5"

Black Hair

Male

168lbs

Right handed, but pitch, bowl, bat, & throw left handed (I think I was born left handed but my folks tried 'fixing' me to make me right handed.). LOL, luckily they didn't suspect I was gay back then or they would have tried to fix that too :blink: .

Gay - 100% Gay. I don't even think I've kissed a girl romantically (ewe cooties!)

(Briggs/Myers? I forgot what I was, I think I was the introverted anally retentive one)

Gemini

Recovering Catholic - All the guilt but none of the Dogma

An Oracle Database Administrator

A listener of 80's dance type music...really, anything with a decent number of BPMs

In a domestic partner relationship (been together for just over 10 years)

Hit the gym daily - Work out a body part each day (chest, triceps, biceps, back, shoulders, legs) and then do about 48 minutes of cardio

Rollerblade, Bike, & Swim

Like working in the yard

Designated cook and cleaner of the house (still trying to figure out what the BF's skills are :wacko: )

Love baking, especially anything with chocolate (I make a kick ass Chocolate Cheese Cake)

Host with the most I love when we have parties at the house. I have a fetish for take out containers and have a couple hundred of different sizes so that I can send our guests home with leftovers (you know those foam containers or clear containers you get with leftovers at a restaurant?)

Instigator - Love drama & gossip :*)

Edited by naper_vic

Well, just to follow on, mark me as:

-6'1"

-185#

-Dark blonde, going grey (currently with a beard)

-Right handed

-Male

-Gay

-Married with two kids

-Right handed

-ISTJ (with some issues)

-Virgo who doesn't do astrology

-Computer consultant (specializing in compilers and virtual machines, of all things)

-Occassional gym goer for practical reasons

-Writer of fiction for fun and nonfiction occasionally for money

-I do Karate and Kung Fu for fun

-If making food involves fat, sugar, or baking, I do it enthusiastically

-Fan of black and white monster, SF, and horror movies

Age: Ike was in office when my knees first saw the light of day.

W: Used to be 180 and I will get there again, dammit!

HC: Dark brown to grey

Right-handed (who cares? I guess if you wanna play tennis against me, it matters.)

Male

Gay...took me years to admit, then more years to quit trying to stifle my true nature. The good news is that those years in the wilderness were rewarded by finding my true soulmate (see below).

Married since '99, no kids (Soapbox issue: Who cares what the Law says, S/O and I were married by a licensed minister before God and our families....the legislature can go pound sand.)

Briggs-Meyers: S/O is a therapist. He has clinically diagnosed me as a terminal butt-head, though lovable.

Aquarian

Practiced law for 16 years, now Controller for a technology contractor

I run periodically to keep the pounds and inches off (not entirely successfully...); I have been known to smack a tennis ball or golf ball around, though golf mostly just pisses me off. My major avocations are competitive sailing and puttering about in the yard. I also read voraciously. Currently, I am reading Diarmaid MacCulloch's history of The Reformation...I am sure you've heard of it.

Games were very popular in my house growing up....board games, card games, crosswords, etc. My current game of choice is Bridge. Unfortunately, its popularity has waned for reasons that are unclear to me. I am generally decades younger than the average competitors I play against....in 10 years, I may be a party of one!

Love all types of food, both the healthy vegetable stuff and the gooey chocolatey things....hence the need to run. Greatly enjoy losing myself in big, romantic, spectacle type movies and/or slapstick comedies. My family will not sit near me during comedies because I laugh so hard it embarasses them.

Music? eh, not my bag, really. I listen to NPR. I do love to dance, however, S/O and I don't do it well together as we both like to lead. My favorite dance music is Beach Music (If you don't know, don't bother to ask. It's a regional thing peculiar to the Southern Atlantic beach towns.)

Oh, yeah. I am from south of the Mason-Dixon line, which means the rest of you talk funny.

Name: Jim I-won't-tell-you-my-last-name-due-to-internet-discretion

Hair: Blond, straight, boring

Eyes: Crystal clear blue

Height: just under 5'9"

Weight: Not very much

dominant side: Right

sexuality: gay, and damn proud, despite homophobic surroundings

Marital status: Why am I adding this? I haven't even had a boyfriend yet

Favorite thing to do: Write music? I don't know. Maybe read.

Favorite music: Country, but starting to like alternative just a little too much

sign: Cancer, leave me alone about it

Added note: I may be completely gay, but I'm in love with a (gasp) woman; Faith Hill.

additional added note: I rationalize things too much, according to my blog readers.

5'10

About 170lbs

Light blue eyes

Blonde, which apparently is so much more than just a hair colour, someone said I was blonde on the inside too :D

20 (*gasp* when did I get old!?)

Male

Right Handed

Gay

Aries, so I am apparently argumentative, competative and firey psht, not like me at all! 0:)

I have no real religious affiliation, organised religion scares me slightly.

I'm currently studying archaeology, which I'm loving, especially the stuff about evolution and funerary archaeology.

I love to read but lately it's only been books for essays (The use of radiocarbon dating to determine the movement of people during the last glacial anyone?

I like all kinds of music really, house for dancing to, indie/rock for listening to at home, and anything else on the radio in the shower

I've been dating my bf since I was 17 and we're going to be together for the rest of our lives :wub::wub::wub:

I'm a pretty good student when I put the effort in, but at the moment I'm just doing enough work to get by.

I just joined a gym about a week ago and I've only been twice since, hehe, and I doubt I'll go anymore this week...

I like to party, lol. Party because it's what a lot of my friends do but also because I really like going out and dancing and talking to lots of random people. I do not however like being hungover, which I am today :P I don't really take drugs although I have smoked pot on occasion and have done poppers too, not that they really count.

My bf's a teacher, and we live together and I can't imagine not being with him. He's the love of my life, and so good to me. :wub: Umm yeah, I'll stop being squishy :D

Edited by BoyNeedsTherapy