sex dream help

raydeayon1

It means nothing. Not anything to be worried about. You're not subconsciously cheating, if that's what you're worried about. If you no longer feel the "crush" factor with the friend then all is well... you just have a nicely vivid REM sleep. lol

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I've been with the same guy for almost 15 years. I've had erotic dreams about past boyfriends, guys I know, actors, mystery strangers ... All it means is that your subconscious has decided to take you for a nice little ride. It doesn't mean you want to go out and have sex with someone for real. Don't worry so much!

I've had a dream of a guy I really really like, and we're never together. He turned out to be straight and married to a woman. So yeah, it doesn't mean anything. You have to stop it from bothering you..., or it'll really mess you up.

If dreams like that mean something, I'm really in trouble, because I've had dreams about people I haven't seen in years and some are no longer around. If your dream had meaning, does that mean I'm attracted to a corpse? Just write it off, like I do. At least you have someone to help you - but maybe your dream means he should be helping you even more. lol

Sometimes a dream is just a dream. Not every single dream has to mean something. Its always nice to have the occasional vivid dream.

I've been together with the same guy since we were nineteen, we still both have sexy dreams every now and then. The thing to remember is that you are not responsible for your dreams. If we were all responsible for our dreams I would be in sooooo much trouble.

You really need to just enjoy the dreams when they come and shrug off any lingering feelings of guilt; you're not cheating and you're not thinking about cheating.

actually I dream all the time... However it's the normalish dreams that are't disturbing to me including Sexy dreams... >_< especially sexy dreams for some reason... mostly because it's not a good sleep.

Why is because there is usually something wrong with them... Normal family life until suddenly my mother turns into a violent drunk and tries to kill us :I Or driving through flood waters.

then the abnormal ones are actually cool.

However Dreams do have meanings... Subliminal ones...Such as floods and raging water having to do with Emotional termoil for the individual. Though Hardly do I think what your brain picks as sexual partners when your sleeping, means that you're betraying them or otherwise ^_^

However Dreams do have meanings... Subliminal ones...Such as floods and raging water having to do with Emotional termoil for the individual. Though Hardly do I think what your brain picks as sexual partners when your sleeping, means that you're betraying them or otherwise Posted Image

Some of the dreams (my dreams at least) have bizarre codes, so I am not sure what kind of subliminal messages are in them.... I faintly recall reading a book saying water in dream means transition (train also means transition, so yeah, some of these symbolism can be used in stories).

In psychology there are many theories. The one I find it more interesting is dream is a training tool (I wonder what you're training for when you dream of sex... ;)). Dreams only happen when you are in shallower stage of sleep.

That's like every other night for me...it means nothing.

It's always funny the next day or so when I see that person and I'm just like "teehee"

What's really funny is, and I don't know how many of you have experienced this, but sometimes people change in my dream, like to another person, and I won't even realize it until after I wake up that something was weird. It happens all the time for me. Like 2 nights ago, I started messing around with this guy I knew in my dream and I swear to God, like during, he changed into a whole other person and I didn't even think it was weird until I woke up and was like "wait....."

Edited by Y_B

• 2 weeks later...

If it happened once or twice or a few times at best there's nothing to worry about it. If you are having this repeatedly, and in high frequency, then it might have some significance than just being a meanignless dream. One reason I can think for it could be that if you have been in a monogamous relationship with your boyfriend for some time, your mind can veer off to these thoughts as you don't get that in real life.

You may have well repressed these urges in your conscious state (you may not even have to repress them - maybe they just don't even bother you in your conscious state) which is why your subconscious mind may take you for these ... um ... rides.

There is still absolutely nothing to worry about this. They are just dreams, and even if they have any significance, as long as you don't act on your urges, you are not cheating on your boyfriend, are you.

My advice - talk to your boyfriend openly about it. I don't think he will mind. We have no controls over our thoughts anyway, and if we extend that a little - no control over our dreams either. These will go away soon, believe me. :)

My advice - talk to your boyfriend openly about it. I don't think he will mind.

Dangerous proposition.... Some insecure boyfriend would be super jealous, especially if that person is real. Maybe the BF would laugh about it at the time..., but the next time you guys see that person, it'll be awkward. Not to mention he might be thinking what you weren't thinking....

Dangerous proposition.... Some insecure boyfriend would be super jealous, especially if that person is real. Maybe the BF would laugh about it at the time..., but the next time you guys see that person, it'll be awkward. Not to mention he might be thinking what you weren't thinking....

And do what? Keep it hidden and make the problem more prominent? Here the member seems to be more concerned with his relationship with his boyfriend than just those dreams. I got the impression that he feels he is guilty of cheating on his boyfriend even if on a subconscious level. In anyway, the 'guilt' or 'confusion' part won't just evaporate unless he talks to someone, and imo his boyfriend is the best person as this is somewhat related to him and his judgement. Of course the member would understand what's best for him than I do.

If the boyfriend is jealous...well, then there are worse things that can result from that, even if this aspect remains hidden.

If the boyfriend is jealous...well, then there are worse things that can result from that, even if this aspect remains hidden.

Of course. By the way, I am not trying to pick a fight with you, but this kind of thing does happen... (don't we all hate it, when we are just trying to be building a "trust" relationship, but the other person doesn't play it like that?)

I have told my sexuality to a RL friend. We've been friends for a long time and I always thought of her as a very open-minded person. I decided I could trust her and just let it out.... Nope, nothing was like expected. People are diverse and different enough that we just cannot guarantee result, even ones you think you know so well.... I guess telling her of my sexuality was such a big responsibility loading onto her, she couldn't take it too well.... It happens.

Of course. By the way, I am not trying to pick a fight with you, but this kind of thing does happen... (don't we all hate it, when we are just trying to be building a "trust" relationship, but the other person doesn't play it like that?)

I have told my sexuality to a RL friend. We've been friends for a long time and I always thought of her as a very open-minded person. I decided I could trust her and just let it out.... Nope, nothing was like expected. People are diverse and different enough that we just cannot guarantee result, even ones you think you know so well.... I guess telling her of my sexuality was such a big responsibility loading onto her, she couldn't take it too well.... It happens.

I think the OP is in a better position to decide what he should do and judge how his boyfriend would react than I or you. Personally, I wouldn't find it fit to stay with a person who'd berate me for something I have absolutely no control over.

Having said all of that, I can understand your point very well. For instance, I love my family very much and believe they do the same to me too, but can't for the life of me come out to them - not to my parents at least who are very conservative, religious, and massively ill-informed when it comes down to the subject of homosexuality.

Bu I still say a relationship like that should be based on trust and that, if the thing is bothering the OP so much - it's better to take the opportunity and be open to his boyfriend about it if it's possible. Discussions like that can strengthen a relationship more.

And no, I didn't take offense to what you've said, and I don't think you were picking a fight either. Posted Image

Edited by Warrior1

I tend to have very vivid and memorable dreams... and the ones I find most disturbing are those who are in some way... normal... and usually that includes sex dreams....

to the one with your best friend and your boyfriend... Just go with it :D sounds like it would have been kind of hot... however

• 4 weeks later...

Well i told but that was almost a month ago we are broken up now so it doesn't matter anymore

Oh, no. Are you recovering from the break up now? Anyways, whatever you learned from the experience is yours to keep. I think this is going to sound wrong... and make me sound like awful, but there are people here that are similar in age as you, so perhaps you can like..., move forward with a new boyfriend? Perhaps that'll help?