[DomLuka] DD's mystery box

OMG. ...... I love Al Stewart...actually, my dad is the one who got me started on him. Everytime I hear Year of the Cat, I think about how it's a perfect song in every way....I would have to say that even though Al Stewart isn't my favorite artist of all time(2pac is the greatest), Year of the Cat is my favorite song. :)
I congratulate you on your excellent taste - in songs that is.

You know more about "my" music than I know about "yours." I've never heard of 2pac. My guess is that someone who wanted some extra excitement in their life could ask him if he is four cans short of a six-pack.

I used to have everything Al Stewart did on vinyl, even some imported stuff. Just found Year of the Cat in a used CD store while looking for something else - made my day!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of 2pac.

Wasn't that the Russian guy in the Nutcracker Suite?

I've always particularly liked "The Year of the Cat," but I can't figure out why. Somehow it all comes together and seems to say something.

Tupac is awesome...it's like he's still alive because its almost been 10 years since he died and his songs are better than the ones guys like JayZ and Juvenile and 36 mafia are making today, but that's because Tupac was a poet...his favorite musician was Don MClean, and his favorite sone was Vincent. It's kinda sad because the last verse of that song says, Now I think I know what you tried to say to me and how you suffered for your sanity, but they did not listen, they're not listening still. Perhaps they never will.......that verse reminds me of Tupacs struggle to open the eyes of people in the ghetto to thier reality, but in the end, he died in a drive by shooting. His best ever comment to the people he was trying to reach was, Wake Up Old Slave.

It's her diary/journal from when she was a teenager. It explains her relationship with Eddie and why she never told him about being pregnant.

Sharon

I'm gonna agree with my mom. she always seems to be right. People may think 'Is she ever wrong?' Hhmmm...let me think...nope, I can't recall a time when she was wrong.

Anna :) (also endingless)

lol i wanted to ask whos your mom... but yea.... i sort of figured lol. and the only interest me and my mom every shared is we both like guys. even is she dosnt know that yet. soo... i envie ya.

Edited by Bao
lol i wanted to ask whos your mom... but yea.... i sort of figured lol. and the only interest me and my mom every shared is we both like guys. even is she dosnt know that yet. soo... i envie ya.

You might have more in common with her than you think . . . I keep discovering similarities I didn't perceive before, and my mother's been dead for fourteen years. On the other hand, I see my kids do "me" things, and I just want to apologize to them.

I go shoe shopping with my mom occasionally. Speaking of shoe shopping, today my sister and I went, and I found these gorgeous sparkly blue pumps that I wanted really badly but my sister said they were hideous. DSW is a gay man's paradise. Ben, Viv, and I have decided we need to all go shoe shopping together. I need more Aderol and then I need to go to sleep. :off:

I think Moms are great, My mom knows everything about me. She even knows that my boyfriend is Bisexual, when I told her like 3 years ago, she was like really, and thats when she told me all about all the stories she reads online and Books, and thats How I am here on this page now.

I can only say that I wish that all moms or parents are like mine, understanding and great, I know my boyfriends family doese not know about him, and he is 25.

Oh also. Not in Phoenix, but neer were I live neer phoenix, there are places just like in this story , were you really dont have neighbors real close by, but more or less mountains and dirt roads,and the houses are all new and pretty, So thats were I would think they would live if the characters were real. It may sound dull with all the cactus and dirt but its actually kinda pretty. But there are these Cyotes running around sometimes.I think they steal shoes, Sometimes I used to have to leave them outside, and in the morening I would find them down the road or around somewere. :blink: But like I said thats out neer the mountains.

Hmmmm Enoph mindless rambling for me :P

I'm afraid that I still do not understand this unreasonable fascination with shoe shopping in neither women nor gay/metrosexual men. I have one pair of shoes, one pair of shower sandels, and one pair of snowboarding boots. The boots are used only for snowboarding in the winter (only once so far this winter, possibly again on Sunday since supposedly it will snow most of Saturday in Vernon NJ, where I go to board), the shower sandals are only used in the showers when I'm in school, which I am out of right now for winter break. The sneakers have been used for over a year now on a daily basis. My previous sneakers endured two years of abuse. I don't plan on discarding my current sneakers until they are completely tattered (the left one already has a hole in it, f**king Sketchers). I am appalled by the fact that some people actually have collections of shoes, and only wear a pair once. What gives? THEY'RE SHOES PEOPLE! The most stylish shoe I have ever had were the ones that had lights in them that blinked when you walked. Then there was the BK Ratchtech shoes that I had so many years ago. That about covers it. Now my shoes are always black and white, mostly black (the Sketchers are black with dark grey accents).

/Rant

Crap,

RK

I think Moms are great, My mom knows everything about me. She even knows that my boyfriend is Bisexual, when I told her like 3 years ago, she was like really, and thats when she told me all about all the stories she reads online and Books, and thats How I am here on this page now.

I can only say that I wish that all moms or parents are like mine, understanding and great, I know my boyfriends family doese not know about him, and he is 25.

Oh also. Not in Phoenix, but neer were I live neer phoenix, there are places just like in this story , were you really dont have neighbors real close by, but more or less mountains and dirt roads,and the houses are all new and pretty, So thats were I would think they would live if the characters were real. It may sound dull with all the cactus and dirt but its actually kinda pretty. But there are these Cyotes running around sometimes.I think they steal shoes, Sometimes I used to have to leave them outside, and in the morening I would find them down the road or around somewere. :blink: But like I said thats out neer the mountains.

Hmmmm Enoph mindless rambling for me :P

Well, are there a bunch of really hot, openly gay, half naked, perfect guys running around, having balloon wars, and sitting on cactuses? I'll move there in a heartbeat.

I'm afraid that I still do not understand this unreasonable fascination with shoe shopping in neither women nor gay/metrosexual men. I have one pair of shoes, one pair of shower sandels, and one pair of snowboarding boots.

I am appalled by the fact that some people actually have collections of shoes, and only wear a pair once. What gives? THEY'RE SHOES PEOPLE!

:off: Ummm, if you want to discuss shoes and number of pairs, there is a Forum Topic on Shoes, over in the General Forum.

And while I don't own as many pairs as Ben, Slavey, nor Imelda Marcos, I have more than one pair (the shower sandles and snowboarding boots shouldn't count).

Mr. Knapp, if we were to substitute the word 'SHOES' with 'CARS', I think you'd be singing a different tune. Are you sure you have an attraction to men, I mean for besides helping you with your cars? :lol: Cause you sure are setting off all the straightdar's everywhere :P .

Take Care®,

Vic

hey i take offense to that :D . im attracted to guys and im in agreement with rknapp. they are just shoes. i know more straight guys who have more shoes than i do. for example; a freind of mine has 3 pairs of dress shoes and 4 causual pairs. and hes straight. <_< i dont get dress shoes. they look really uncomfortable. :( and there are guys that are like "OMG IS THAT THE LATEST AIR FORCE!!!!!" or what ever shoe thats out at th moment.

why are we talking about shoes?

Edited by Bao

my fascination with shoe shopp[ing is that it's hard to do -- I have weird feet: nothing wrong with them but they are wide and tall and I can'ty get them into shows in the regular stores so I'm always giving a glance in case I find a shoe that's wider and taller or more stretchable than average. So I have a pair of boys' sandals (a relief as I like the way Birkenstocks feel and fit but the cork always breaks on me), a pair of fake Uggs (real Uggs don't fit), a pair of funny-looking Birkenstock oxfords, a pair of orthopedic Mary Janes for dress up, and a pair of orthopedic black leather high tops, sort of halfway between boots and shoes. And some old Birkenstock Mary Janes (t straps I guess to the moderns) which need mending.

What I want is some knee boots or waders so I can volunteer to monitor water quality in Elkhorn Slough, one of the biggest bird nesting areas in the world and only a few miles down the road, but I can't find any I can get into.

Coyotes: (1) they're sneaky bold buggers and they'll do anything. (2) dogs and cats really really like the smell of human feet, so it's not inconceivable that coyotes would feel the same and run off with shoes.

Edited by Lucy Kemnitzer
my fascination with shoe shopp[ing is that it's hard to do -- I have weird feet: nothing wrong with them but they are wide and tall and I can'ty get them into shows in the regular stores so I'm always giving a glance in case I find a shoe that's wider and taller or more stretchable than average.

Do you ever watch King of the Hill???? Just wondering...... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Hehehe, I've started a war... :devil:

:off: Ummm, if you want to discuss shoes and number of pairs, there is a Forum Topic on Shoes, over in the General Forum.

And while I don't own as many pairs as Ben, Slavey, nor Imelda Marcos, I have more than one pair (the shower sandles and snowboarding boots shouldn't count).

Mr. Knapp, if we were to substitute the word 'SHOES' with 'CARS', I think you'd be singing a different tune. Are you sure you have an attraction to men, I mean for besides helping you with your cars? :lol: Cause you sure are setting off all the straightdar's everywhere :P .

Take Care

My mom said she'd buy me a car if I got a full ride to college, but other than that I'm on my own. Which is so unfair because she bought my sister a car. I hate my life. No I don't, just kidding. But my mom is seriously unfair. It's the story of my life.