[DomLuka] DD's mystery box

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he said it doesnt seem store bought. i like the diary idea. or maybe letters she wrote him through out his life. all the things she wanted to say but never had a chance or the guts to do...who knows, but i know when Dom does tells us what it is, i will cry...

She explicitly said it wasn't store-bought. So a diary would be plausible. So would a particulay photograph of her and him when he was little, framed with a caption that has special meaning. Or perhaps an entire photo album of his entire life up until her death, with blank pages, meaning she wants him to add to it as he grows up.

Just a thought... and I agree Joelstoi, it will probably make us all cry, for the items sentimentality, and how sweet it is going to be. I won't be sad at all, and it be the centerpiece of the stories ultimate chapter.

I think it's rather obvious that he's staying. I think there's a greater chance Dom will kill off Grandma Alice before he sent Rory back to her. Then again, it would be really interesting to see Rory's guilt trip over not talking to her before she died and Rory's dad visiting his home town. Also would be interesting to see the prejudice or lack thereof he faces...

KILL GRANDMA ALICE!

//shadows

What if the package was marked for Rory by mistake?

It could be:

> A package of Depends Undergarments for Grandma Alice

> A ancient fruitcake that Mom meant to mail to the next victim

> A copy of Sex and the Single Mom: or How to be a Slut and pull the Wool Over Your Teenagers eyes and pictures from her German schizza video. :devil:

> The six-pack she won from her friends that bet her that Eddie wouldn't sleep with her.

> Copies of the best adult films that she starred in.

Maybe it's the placenta from Rory's birth. You know, people hang on to that. They put in a jar or something. Sometimes they eat it (What?! -- I know). Although I find it hard to believe that G-ma Alica didn't already wolf that down.

I'm just kidding, sorry if I grossed everyone out. I think the video idea is really good, just because it would be a fantastic way for Dom to sort of introduce a new character for just a chapter or two. We could see her and hear her. It would be vivid, in a good way. I think. Maybe she gives love advice -- something Rory could really use right about now. (Condoms and lube weren't exactly what I had in mind, web363 -- haha, but that would really spice things up).

Edited by carmichael
Soooo sure of ourself are we?

:king: Snow Dog

Yes.

Alices unmentionables don't need to be brought into the story, and neither do German schiezer videos... :ph34r:

It's her diary/journal from when she was a teenager. It explains her relationship with Eddie and why she never told him about being pregnant.

Sharon

Guess I put myself in good company in my maiden post, Sharon!
(From "DD Ch 15!" topic) ... What's in the unopened birthday present? My prediction is that it's a journal or diary that gives Rory insight into his mother's relationship with Eddie and what Eddie was like as a younger man, not much older than Rory. ...
Still haven't come up with a better idea.

It's an Al Stewart Greatest Hits CD, featuring Rory's favorite song, Year of the Cat
Nickolas, you surprise me. I thought only old fogies knew about Al Stewart! He's still one of my all-time favourites.
Nickolas, you surprise me. I thought only old fogies knew about Al Stewart! He's still one of my all-time favourites.

OMG. ...... I love Al Stewart...actually, my dad is the one who got me started on him. Everytime I hear Year of the Cat, I think about how it's a perfect song in every way....I would have to say that even though Al Stewart isn't my favorite artist of all time(2pac is the greatest), Year of the Cat is my favorite song. :)