Ancient Mystery Solved - the Origins of the Moon

dolby-science.jpg

I've always been a science geek and actually get excited about new discoveries. When someone comes up with the biggest discovery in this -ology in fifty years, I sit up and take notice. Today, an ancient mystery has been solved, and it's the coolest thing I've seen in years.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

It makes the most sense, insomuch as our Moon is unusually large for our planet to capture naturally.  And the early solar system was presumed to be quite the pinball arcade.

• Like 3
On 2/22/2024 at 3:03 PM, JamesSavik said:

dolby-science.jpg

I've always been a science geek and actually get excited about new discoveries. When someone comes up with the biggest discovery in this -ology in fifty years, I sit up and take notice. Today, an ancient mystery has been solved, and it's the coolest thing I've seen in years.

Could they have chosen a more boring narrator to explain this news?  

Anyway, it had long been theorized that a massive collision such as this is what formed the moon, but now they seem to have the proof.  It also seems to give a partial explanation for the ring of fire in the Pacific Ocean.  The next question is whether that collision brought value minerals and other elements to earth, besides the high iron content.  

• Like 3

That narrator is an actual geologist who has his own channel where he covers volcanoes and other geological phenomena. Yes, he’s dry, but he knows his stuff. I’m a long time subscriber.

• Like 1