hh5

Wow Lucas sold everything to Disney including ILM

http://www.fxguide.c...m-and-thus-ilm/

Disney has:

LucasFilm

ILM

Marvel

Pixar-3D

Pixar-2D (replacement to Disney Animations)

Has Mr Disney vision changed much?

Posted Image

Ready for Darth Mickey in three years (Episode 7(2015), 8(2018), 9(2021))?

Edited by hh5
  • Like 1

Then what? 2030 the full remastered redigitised redirected remarketed repackaged and resold - The Ultimate Star Wars Collection!

Lucas took Fox for a good ride when he held onto the Merchandising Rights to the first Star Wars. After that, the companies got wise...

Well it's not like Lucas has been setting the world on fire with SW 1,2,or 3. Lets face it, those movies were some world-class franchise milking right there. Which fits right in with the new owners.

I'm quite happy to see Lucas turn the reins over to someone else, but not so happy that it's Disney.

mmm ... yeah they ruin The Prince and the Pauper with the sprouse twins ... cinderella ... what else?

so the world is not ready for Darth Mickey? and Princess Mini? and Emperor Goofy?

The Avengers turn out well ... the next parts looks good

Has Pixar lost their luster??

Well Toy Story 3 was a dud

I heard this news on the radio this morning. Still can't believe lucas sold out! Disney ruins everything. Posted Image

Who would have been a better owner?

my friend said that 7,8,9 will hurt the book stories and the cartoons

Well it's not like Lucas has been setting the world on fire with SW 1,2,or 3. Lets face it, those movies were some world-class franchise milking right there. Which fits right in with the new owners.

I'm quite happy to see Lucas turn the reins over to someone else, but not so happy that it's Disney.

Edited by hh5

I can not fathom the ways of Hollyweird. Too much of what they do makes no sense at all. The things that they do with excellent franchises are completely inexplicable.

Aliens 3 for example. Starship Troopers 2 & 3. I mean come on man, WTF were they smoking?

Terminator I, II and III weren't enough. They had to come up with Terminator Salvation. Coming up next: Terminator Abomination.

Word has it that there is a Hollywood producer asking about scripts for sequels and spin offs to Lord of the Rings.

Hollyweird is completely out of ideas. Their only way they are staying in business is to regurgitate movies (Total Recall, Judge Dredd, etc) or create garbage sequels to good movies.

Hollyweird is completely out of ideas. Their only way they are staying in business is to regurgitate movies (Total Recall, Judge Dredd, etc) or create garbage sequels to good movies.

No kidding. Can you believe they made a new version of Red Dawn? :puke:

I think that spinning the individual studios that make up the Lucasfilms studios off into individual properties, to make or break on their own (employee owned, maybe?) would be far better for the industry than just adding the whole lot to Disney.

I can not fathom the ways of Hollyweird. Too much of what they do makes no sense at all. The things that they do with excellent franchises are completely inexplicable.

Aliens 3 for example. Starship Troopers 2 & 3. I mean come on man, WTF were they smoking?

Terminator I, II and III weren't enough. They had to come up with Terminator Salvation. Coming up next: Terminator Abomination.

Word has it that there is a Hollywood producer asking about scripts for sequels and spin offs to Lord of the Rings.

They're smoking the tax breaks and insurance payoffs they get when movies lose money, of course.

I was thinking of that ... someone didn't think about the brass ring they given to the beast

ILM could have defiantly be a survivor but grabbing pixar and ILM ... really gives too much power to the mouse

any chance the SEC will allow a monopoly like this?

I think that spinning the individual studios that make up the Lucasfilms studios off into individual properties, to make or break on their own (employee owned, maybe?) would be far better for the industry than just adding the whole lot to Disney.

Edited by hh5

Let's face it, at the moment even Fairy Tales aren't safe - Just watched Snow White & The Huntsman (don't ask - the other half has some weird tastes - I'm beginning to think he's turning straight...) - excellent camera work, simplistic script, weird mix of CGI, and apparently they're already doing a sequel - how do you get a sequel from a closed story?

Warner Brothers seems to me to be slipping behind... (unless they were already taken over)

And Why sell it, why not turn it public...

Next question is doing this side stuff of his...

Will he be able to afford to make all these other videos when he's given up the backing that was his company.

Though the way he said what he said... sounded more like he was forced out rather than anything else...

I've got a bad feeling about this..

Warner Brothers seems to me to be slipping behind... (unless they were already taken over)

And Why sell it, why not turn it public...

Next question is doing this side stuff of his...

Will he be able to afford to make all these other videos when he's given up the backing that was his company.

Though the way he said what he said... sounded more like he was forced out rather than anything else...

does 4.5 billion sound reasonable hahaha he would never give star wars to the people if that kind of money was up for grabs Edited by raydeayon1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

well let's face it, there doesn't NEED to be anything more made in any of the Star Wars worlds. The plot has been dead a long time, Disney are welcome to continue flogging a long dead horse.