Jase is not Rory's Doctor however, to act in a compassionate manner is not engaging in professional therapy. If Rory stepped on a rust nail and the wound got infected, I would expect jase to step forward to provide some basic medical treatment--even though he is not rory's father nor is he Rory's treating physician. In the case of the infected foot, Jase has the knowledge to help rory and he would be negligent if he refused to help. In fact I think most everyone would think Jase was a asshole if he saw Rory in pain and just walked away saying: "he isn't my kid nor is he my patient. Let Eddie deal with this."

It is a similar thing with what is happening in the story. Rory is depressed and grieving--this is Jase's area of knowledge. What would have happened if Eddie had not helped Luke with his legal stuff? What if Eddie had just stayed in the background and given Jase advice on what to do? Would those that feel that Jase is doing a good job with Rory feel that Eddie had served Luke equally well?

I'm not saying Jase should have an hour session with rory and be taking notes. I am saying, jase should be more present in Rory's life. He should understand that Rory is depressed and grieving. He should have known that idle time for someone with depression is the worst thing possible. Leaving a teenage boy who is depressed and grieving alone in a new house for hours and hours is really negligent--nothing like giving the depressed mind time to obsess and get even more depressed!

All I am saying is with Jase being a psychiatrist, he should have a hell of a lot more insight into what is going on with Rory and be more present/more supportive rather than a shadowing character in the background.

And even though, Eddie is Rory's biological father, Eddie and Jase are supposed to be like a married couple--both would be raising Rory if he were to stay.

That being said, Dom is God for this world of Rory, et al. As God, he will create this world as he sees fit. He will have the characters do whatever it is he will have them do. So, all of this is just rhetoric and rambling until the next chapter.

Peace,

Matthew in NYC

ps: vic you made me laugh!ty

Physical pain and mental pain are two completely different things, the latter being much more complicated and much more sensitive. You of all people should know that, and it seems that Jase has recognized this by himself. The best thing he can do and coach Eddie in what to do. The best thing he can do if he imparts his advise unto Rory is if he has Eddie with them as he does it. That way Eddie can watch and learn, and also be there for Rory in his most trying moments, making up for the last sixteen years of not being there.

You are 110% correct that leaving Rory alone all the time was a bad idea from the start, so this new development of Eddie bringing him to work while his secretary is on maternity leave should leave a positive affect on Rory's mind while they try and figure out how to counsel him. It is not clear yet whether or not Jase made the initial suggestion of taking him to work in the background, but I would not be surprised if it were true. We'll just have to find out next year (hey, I had to make a crack like that at least once :devil: ) just what is happening, and what will end up happening as a result with the additional confusion that Dom has such an affinity for laying on us with each new chapter, and none of it will stop until chapter 34,654,376, if we're lucky :2thumbs: .

Crap,

RK

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww i feel bad for Jase, you all are ganging up on him :( you have to keep in mind that Eddie and Jase arent THAT much older than Rory. professional training aside, even adults get scared too, and Eddie and Jase both have said Rory terrifies them. im sure Jase has no idea where he stands with Rory and if he was to go butting in with advice and stuff, he's scared it'll just push Rory away from him and more importantly Eddie who he loves and wants this with Rory/Eddie to work for.

It is not Jase's place to give Rory advice when it's not asked for. All he could really do is let Rory know that he could come to him, if it chooses to. Jase's current circumstances, being a new stepdad of sorts, he needs to establish trust with Rory, which is going to take awhile.

It is not Jase's place to give Rory advice when it's not asked for. All he could really do is let Rory know that he could come to him, if it chooses to. Jase's current circumstances, being a new stepdad of sorts, he needs to establish trust with Rory, which is going to take awhile.

I agree to a certain extent. I mean, part of me feels like at sometime, the exact same thing happened to Eddie. He's with Jase, and everything's going fine, and then one day he has to adjust his life to live with Luke. Where did Luke fit in that relationship? How long did it take Luke to find HIS spot in that family? I totally think that Jase's and Rory's trust in each other is something that will take time, but part of me wonders if Eddie had the same approach with Luke.

I don't care what kind of pain Rory is going through, mental or physical, Eddie seemed willing to do whatever he could to help Luke out with the stolen car incident, and it seems like Jase is more than capable of helping Rory sort out a few things, but he's really not stepped up to the plate.

That's just my opinion.

I don't know but aren't we forgetting something?

It is right that Jase could help as a professional, but in reality, Rory should make astep to Jase also.

Jase already made an effort when he talked with Rory about the problems with Eddie.

We all know that Rory won't say anything to Jase about what is bothering him when Eddie is present.

Maby I'm a little confused but I get the feeling that Jase and Rory try to avoid each other.

Rory because he has the feeling that Jase doesn't want him there and Jase because the situation with Rory coming over there almost cost him his relationship with Eddie.

I know that last part can't really be blamed on Rory because here, in my opinion teh adults were wrong. Eddie for not coming out to Rory and Jase for Letting this come between him and Eddie and thus causing more stress on Rory when he found out.

I hope that Rory and Jase have man-to-man talk in one of the next chapters where their initial problems can be resolved.

Happy New Year everyone

Peter

I don't know but aren't we forgetting something?

It is right that Jase could help as a professional, but in reality, Rory should make astep to Jase also.

Jase already made an effort when he talked with Rory about the problems with Eddie.

We all know that Rory won't say anything to Jase about what is bothering him when Eddie is present.

Maby I'm a little confused but I get the feeling that Jase and Rory try to avoid each other.

Rory because he has the feeling that Jase doesn't want him there and Jase because the situation with Rory coming over there almost cost him his relationship with Eddie.

I know that last part can't really be blamed on Rory because here, in my opinion teh adults were wrong. Eddie for not coming out to Rory and Jase for Letting this come between him and Eddie and thus causing more stress on Rory when he found out.

I hope that Rory and Jase have man-to-man talk in one of the next chapters where their initial problems can be resolved.

Happy New Year everyone

Peter

I highly doubt that Luke and Jase came running up to Eddie, asking him for his legal advice when they were in trouble. Eddie probably immediately took the situation into his own hands. I agree that Rory needs to grow a pair and start sharing what's on his mind with the capable adults in his life, but there really hasn't been any prodding. I guess that was good at the beginning, when one questioning adult would have made Rory blow fire, but both Eddie and Jase have kept that "I'm gonna give you your space" type of technique, and just lately Eddie's been ditching that and becoming more hands on. The death of the loved one is probably a problem that Jase has worked through with patients on several occasions. And he of all people should know that given Rory's personality type and current situation, he's not going to find it very easy to just open up and spew his feelings to someone like Jase, or Eddie.

I agree with Matthew, It is Jases line of work. Now no he shouldent (like Matthew said) sit Rory down and take notes. But advise was never considered therapy, and I see Rory as needing that. We already know that Rory doese not feel comfterble talking to Eddie, and Luke is only going to give his opinion. Jase on the other hand has probably seen people in Rorys place, and he has the knowledge to help. I really dont think that Eddie would have a problem with Jase helping his son out. And if you think about it, If Jase would help Rory in a way were hes not really counsling ( just listening and giving advise) maybe Rory would cope better with things, Thus leading to Eddie and him getting along better, talk and understand each other more. Just imo.

Tiffany

OTRFK

OK, so the way you guys want it is that in Chapter 2 Jase talks to Rory, tells him the truth about everything and everybody, assures him that he wants Rory to stay, and generally gets Rory's head on straight. That opens the way for Luke to tell him how he feels, and Rory decides that he feels the same way. They all cooperate together to avoid Aaron. Everything resolves so well that they know that any packages and such they get from Grandma Alice will be pretty irrelevant by then. They do remember her and send her a nice gift. Rory calls to thank her for filling in after his mom died.

Then in Chapter 3, they go to the park, where Dom introduces us to a completely new cast of characters, so that the story won't have to end after 2 chapters.

OK, so the way you guys want it is that in Chapter 2 Jase talks to Rory, tells him the truth about everything and everybody, assures him that he wants Rory to stay, and generally gets Rory's head on straight. That opens the way for Luke to tell him how he feels, and Rory decides that he feels the same way. They all cooperate together to avoid Aaron. Everything resolves so well that they know that any packages and such they get from Grandma Alice will be pretty irrelevant by then. They do remember her and send her a nice gift. Rory calls to thank her for filling in after his mom died.

Then in Chapter 3, they go to the park, where Dom introduces us to a completely new cast of characters, so that the story won't have to end after 2 chapters.

There is a lot of room between what you've written and people talking about the characters.

Edited by Alan

Here's an idea for a sequel Dom:

A Match Made In Hell the Valley

Dennis Gordon goes to UCLA where he meets Aaron Keslin.

The happy couple go about causing havoc and driving each other crazy.

Fun and gunfire are sure to follow!

O.K. Now I wish I would have just kept my big mouth shut. I know I started this whole Jase thing and now I regret it. the way I see it. Jase could have at least addressed some of Rory's concerns while he was pulling splinters out of Rory's feet. Jase has the education to understand some of the pressure on Rory and could have at least joined Eddie in dealing with Rory. A lot of y'all have been beeting up on Rory for his attitude-and Ya, he has one-coming from grief, confusion, and not being kept informed. As far as Rory not listening to anybody about Arron-learn from your mistakes..and sometimes they gotta be 'your' mistakes...not someone elses.

As far as Alice goes...the only motivating factor that I can figure--unless Rory goes back--she has no one left..she could be making waves for that reason alone.

any way the only thing that really matters at this point is where is dd23

I'm starting to get withdrawals here :lmao:

Dom PLease hurry

P.S. Hope Y'all had a good Holiday season, Merry Christmas and happy New year

Glomph, you bring up a very good point. What can we call the relationship between Rory and Jase? It's not exactly stepdad, and it clearly isn't uncle, so what? Perhaps we should make one up, like "Gayalmostdad", "Kindadadkindanot", or even "Mom".

Just a thought.

I vote for "GayAlmostDad", that way the acronym will be "gad", Rory can have a dad and a gad, it'd be so cute lol.

I agree to a certain extent. I mean, part of me feels like at sometime, the exact same thing happened to Eddie. He's with Jase, and everything's going fine, and then one day he has to adjust his life to live with Luke. Where did Luke fit in that relationship? How long did it take Luke to find HIS spot in that family? I totally think that Jase's and Rory's trust in each other is something that will take time, but part of me wonders if Eddie had the same approach with Luke.

I don't care what kind of pain Rory is going through, mental or physical, Eddie seemed willing to do whatever he could to help Luke out with the stolen car incident, and it seems like Jase is more than capable of helping Rory sort out a few things, but he's really not stepped up to the plate.

That's just my opinion.

Well I bet it was different with Luke because LUKE was different. I mean he's more out-going and personable than Rory anyway.

Sounds great :P

Have an awesome, great, fantastic, truly amazing year everyone!

Kevin

O.K. Now I wish I would have just kept my big mouth shut. I know I started this whole Jase thing and now I regret it.

Hey, we needed someone new to beat up on while waiting for chapter 23, we're a very vicious group!

Crap,

RK

Hey, we needed someone new to beat up on while waiting for chapter 23, we're a very vicious group!

Crap,

RK

tell me about it. i mean, we seem to be ignoring several things. like the fact that luke was around for some time before the legal incident. and the fact that luke and jase would've already had an established relationship. and oh, the fact that luke actually lived there on a continual basis. rory's status as a family member is tentative and possibly temporary. he's very abrasive about talking to anybody. i mean, most of my friends come to me when they need to talk about stuff (or dump). but, personally, if i were jase, i'd stay far, far away from him. you don't go to someone else and tell them how they should feel. if they need/want help, they come to you. otherwise, it's so much more difficult. you deal with other people's problems as the primary authority on emotional stability in a group for a while, then you can whine about him not doing his job.

tell me about it. i mean, we seem to be ignoring several things. like the fact that luke was around for some time before the legal incident. and the fact that luke and jase would've already had an established relationship. and oh, the fact that luke actually lived there on a continual basis. rory's status as a family member is tentative and possibly temporary. he's very abrasive about talking to anybody. i mean, most of my friends come to me when they need to talk about stuff (or dump). but, personally, if i were jase, i'd stay far, far away from him. you don't go to someone else and tell them how they should feel. if they need/want help, they come to you. otherwise, it's so much more difficult. you deal with other people's problems as the primary authority on emotional stability in a group for a while, then you can whine about him not doing his job.

That works on a friend-to-friend basis but it just does not work on a parent-to-kid basis and especally not on a parent-to-depressed, grieving kid basis.

We'e not talking about Jase as the primary authority in a group of friends (something I've been trapped into at times). We're talking about an adult with psych qualifications who can be expected to notice the symptoms of depression and grief and at least ensure those symptoms don't get exacerbated by anything he does. Seriously, Eddie's making changes and we hope Jase does, but right now they're looking good for a write-up in how not to deal with a difficult kid.

Besides, bashing characters passes the times, makes a New Year hangover easier to bear, and is generally good for the soul. But not as good as another chapter...

Dom said "next year" ... and it's "next year" already ... even thirteen more hours into the new year for me since I'm all the way across the International Date Lane in noisy-as-frickin'-hell Taiwan (sorry if there are any Taiwanese guys/gals reading this ... but sorry, Taiwan is just a REALLY NOISY PLACE!!!!) ... Anywho ... Chapter 23 ... PLEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

Crap,

RK

Is that supposed to be a compliment? :blink::blink:

Cause if you want to be Vic-like or Vic-ious, you will need to learn to be nice, nurturing, and welcoming of new ideas. :2thumbs:

Take Care®,

Vic 0:)

Ok, here are my chapter 23 predictions...........

1.Chey is kidnapped by a desperate Aaron

2.Rory goes to work with his dad and starts some kind of trouble around the office that makes Eddie decide not to bring him back again but to beat him savagely when they get home

3.Luke agrees to Aarons demands for getting Chey back, meets up with Aaron and they end up back together.

4.Aaron and Luke go on a double date with Rory and Seth

5.Chey bites Jase

That works on a friend-to-friend basis but it just does not work on a parent-to-kid basis and especally not on a parent-to-depressed, grieving kid basis.

We'e not talking about Jase as the primary authority in a group of friends (something I've been trapped into at times). We're talking about an adult with psych qualifications who can be expected to notice the symptoms of depression and grief and at least ensure those symptoms don't get exacerbated by anything he does. Seriously, Eddie's making changes and we hope Jase does, but right now they're looking good for a write-up in how not to deal with a difficult kid.

Besides, bashing characters passes the times, makes a New Year hangover easier to bear, and is generally good for the soul. But not as good as another chapter...

:D I completely agree. I'm not saying that Jase is obligated to help Rory. I'm just saying that he is more than capable, but he just isn't willing. Is he a bad guy because of it? No, but I sense that Rory might start opening up to Seth's mom or dad (he really seemed to like them) and that would be one helluva smack in the face for both Eddie and Jase. But I can't help but thinking that there's a reason why Rory doesn't feel like he can open up to either Eddie and Jase, and I think it has to do with their give-Rory-all-the-space-he-needs-and-don't-ask-questions technique. Only recently have we seen Eddie abandoning that theory.