Marvel vs. DC Whose your favorite?

Prince Duchess

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Marvel
    • DC

I was recently having conversation with someone about the Marvel Universe and the DC Universe, and I wanted to know what the general consensus was here.

My personal favorite was is Marvel, they had the best powers more personable, and they were more cool looking.

While I think that no other character is better than Wonder Woman, and I've read more DC Comics than Marvel. I would have to go with Marvel.

Their multiverse is just a lot more interesting and they have a lot more memorable moments. 

Spoiler tag includes many of my favorite panels. 

614937-118755_54741_decimation_super_sup

70marvelpanel47.JPG

70marvelpanel70.JPG

70marvelpanel6.JPG

2373699-danger_vs_machinesmith_binary_vs

1012468-cypher_01.jpg

Edited by Maximoff

• Site Administrator

An interesting question, but I think a lot will depend on how much people know of the two universes. My main knowledge has been from TV/movies, not the comics themselves. I'm fixing that, though - I bought the boys a copy of the first 24 issues of the Avengers for Christmas and I'm hoping to buy the equivalent for the Green Lantern this week if it's in the store. I'll just say that those comics are really dated... but then I think the Avengers series started before I was born.

I'll wait for the Disney-M .. DC vs Marvel movie

mmm did disney by DC movie rights yet?

nope dc is totally still owned by time warner and i dont think they'll be giving it up soon. especially since with all the success marvel has with disney, dc should try to rake in with there success outside of batman and superman. I would to see a Justice League movie!

Batman is my favorite, but Marvel has the better overall collection of superheroes by far.

Can I be completely honest here, Batman for me has always been overrated. I mean if were being real about Batman/ Bruce Wayne he's is crazy with some serious mental issues. His parents were murdered as a child, he fell down some damn well and was stuck there for who knows how long with bats. And as he grew up and acquired his family inheritance what does he use it on, to buy weapons to blow things up and catch the bad guys. Granted gotham city was a pretty messed up place, to me batman just was never all there and he was very vigilante almost borderline terrorist/activist.

Can I be completely honest here, Batman for me has always been overrated. I mean if were being real about Batman/ Bruce Wayne he's is crazy with some serious mental issues. His parents were murdered as a child, he fell down some damn well and was stuck there for who knows how long with bats. And as he grew up and acquired his family inheritance what does he use it on, to buy weapons to blow things up and catch the bad guys. Granted gotham city was a pretty messed up place, to me batman just was never all there and he was very vigilante almost borderline terrorist/activist.

He is definitely a vigilante.  But what gets me about him is he's an everyday guy.  He's sweated for his fighting abilities.  Sure, his fortune helps when it comes time to affording gadgets and widgets, but he makes them himself -- he's smart, and he works hard, and nothing he does is 'superhuman'.

• Like 2

hey no one protested that they used manhattan to be nuked ... in the latested batmaN MOVIE

gotum city suppose to be generic

Edited by hh5

He is definitely a vigilante.  But what gets me about him is he's an everyday guy.  He's sweated for his fighting abilities.  Sure, his fortune helps when it comes time to affording gadgets and widgets, but he makes them himself -- he's smart, and he works hard, and nothing he does is 'superhuman'.

This! :D

Damian Wayne. Period. DC for me even though I've loved a lot of Marvel characters. :P

At least someone knows who he is. Still like Dick though- whether he is Robin, Nightwing, or Batman.

Although my two favorites are Wonder Woman and her sister, Donna Troy.

Hard to say.  My favorite comic hero as a kid was The Question (which made The Watchmen a pleasant surprise for me, as Rorschach is based off of him), but the Deadpool comics are probably my all time favourites.

Rorschach was awesome in the Watchmen.

Rorschach to the inmates of the prison he was sent to:

None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU are locked up in here with ME.

Edited by jamessavik

Batman! I love Batman! Yay Batman! /me fanboys all over Batman.

Batman is DC? Heck if I know, I just love Batman.

Batman.

Batman is totally DC!

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-batman-vs-spider-man

Who do you think would win Batman or spider man?

You ask me that after 7/23 words that leave me fingers are Batman? :P

I'd go with Batman, on fanboy grounds (in addition to, all superheroes are silly, so it really doesn't matter). On that note, that video was... something. Didn't even know Spiderman was /that/ superhuman. Huh.

Batman is totally DC!

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-batman-vs-spider-man

Who do you think would win Batman or spider man?

Well, the video has a point: if it was a sudden once-off that Batman didn't have time to prepare for... well, Bats would be screwed.  Given planning time, the shoe would be on the other foot.