Another Story Search

Thanks for previous help in finding stories - I'm hoping I can be lucky again!  There are several stories lurking at the back of my mind that I hope and usually fail to find as I look through various story sites.

One is a story set in the US military and involves an officer and a non-officer, don't know the forrect term as it could be in the marines or the army.  They fall in love and there are off-base weekends at the officer's home, although the officer lives on-base most of the time.  Not to be seen leaving together, the officer usually drives out in his... is it a Porsche convertible?  The other guy goes out on a bus and they meet somewhere for the weekend.  I recall it as a happy, carefree, romance that can only exist off-base.

Another story could be harder to identify.  There are adult males, living together I think, with teenage males, lots of cycling, bike-building and repairing and I think it's set in California.  Not a lot to go on ...!

• Site Administrator

I don't think the second one if the Foley-Mashburn saga. That's set in Florida, and I don't recall much, if anything, in the way of cycling or bike-building in the story.

Pep, I've delved around a couple of chapters and it could be this one.  The name 'Paul' rings a bell.  I'll look at it more closely when I've fnished my current story.

CassieQ, 'fraid not.  I re-read Jake's Hand recently and know it isn't that one.

Thanks to both of you!

Pep, this is the one, thanks.  But there's so much of it I don't remember!  It doesn't take long to read either, in that there's a lot to skip over as I don't read the lurid sex details - too boring and I have an imagination!  Good to find it again.

Pep, this is the one, thanks.  But there's so much of it I don't remember!  It doesn't take long to read either, in that there's a lot to skip over as I don't read the lurid sex details - too boring and I have an imagination!  Good to find it again.

Glad I was able to help.

The story is continued in David's recovery and a thirth story, but the title has slipped from my mind :*)

As you I usually skip the graphic description of their bedside manners 0:)

Enjoy rereading the story

Pep, I'm into David's Recovery now and enjoying it immensely.  We have snow here (hate the stuff!) and it's a good excuse to sit and read for hours!

I'm beginning to wonder if David's Recovery is the story I was searching for a year ago, see thread https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/33624-help-find-a-story/  Looks as if it could be!

Thanks Sharon.  I've started on The Partnership and have no recollection of it at all.  It appears to have been posted in 2006, but I find it hard to believe that it's more than 6 years since I read the first two David stories.  That's ok I suppose, I do like to find new stuff!