Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+53) The Grand and Deadly Design

• Posted 86 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

The Grand and Deadly Design is up! (it might take a minute after this post to appear).

Happy December 86th, 2012!

I apologize for the delay. I screwed up and managed to bungle sending an e-mail to one member of my team, and this, coupled with the fact he was offline for several days, caused the delay. It was then extended an extra day while I sorted out a continuity issue with the next chapter, which will be the first of the final three. I'm taking extra time and care on these chapters, because they are the end of a ride that's taken us all two years. I have to get them exactly right.  

We are, thankfully, still on schedule (barely) to wrap this thing up before the end of 2012, and in under 100 chapters. :ph34r:

Posted 86th December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Not quite the bloodbath that Joel and Lisa's wedding like we were expecting…

I have to admit to more than a few moments of chills as Joel and Lisa were next to the cliff, I felt certain that limo driver was Bridgets man – and he may very well be. I was especially anxious at the mention of alligator pond, or whatever. I felt certain they were going to be helped over the edge of that cliff, but then we really would've had the goat, for using cliffs! Only that, gave me a sense of relief before Joel and Lisa got back into the limousine and eventually were taken to the resort.

Nothing but cliffs in this chapter....Shame CJ, shame!!!

Looks like Bridget's got everything neatly arranged, and Trevor, Shane, Lisa and Joel are in for a boatload of trouble.

Looking forward,to next chapter.

Cliffs? What cliffs? :huh::blink:

Bridget is very good at neatly arranging things. And one way or the other, this is the final time. :battleaxe:

Don't worry, I promise that this chapter will feel bright and happy once we have the next one to compare it to.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I have to admit to more than a few moments of chills as Joel and Lisa were next to the cliff, I felt certain that limo driver was Bridgets man – and he may very well be. I was especially anxious at the mention of alligator pond, or whatever. I felt certain they were going to be helped over the edge of that cliff, but then we really would've had the goat, for using cliffs! Only that, gave me a sense of relief before Joel and Lisa got back into the limousine and eventually were taken to the resort.

Well, it was a bloodbath, of the exact kind Bridget was hoping to achieve. Her goal just wasn't what we thought.  :)

Sorry about that, ah, largely vertical terrain feature, Lover's Leap. It's actually there, as is Alligator Pond, so think of this as just seeing the local sights. I've seen Lover's Leap, though from the seaward side. It's quite... horrifying, to one as cliff-averse as me. 

Here's a pic I found, taken from the top, looking down at the rocks a quarter of a mile below.

Pict6918-Waves-Breaking-Lovers-Leap-Jama 

I'm beginning to wonder what, if anything, can be done to get out ahead of Bridget! It seems as though there is no one or nowhere that she can't reach or buy. We just have to have faith that the goat wouldn't take us on a two year Odyssey only to gift us with a tragic ending. Once again, CJ, thanks for a chapter full of mystery and intrigue. Apparently it's going to take someone much smarter than I to guess how this will all play out in the end. Bravo!

Wow, CJ,

I still think that this could be made into a really exciting movie (or maybe a 6 or 8 hour TV series) . If the series' episodes were ended on one of your numerous and wonderful CLIFF- HANGERS, then no one would think of missing one.

Love it;

Joe

• Like 1

B) .......... Quite a wedding scene, I laughed out loud when all those wedding guests broke out their weapons, and it was a great reaction from Shane's expression of his first American wedding!   :lmao:  But I must caution the readers that weddings in the goats stories do not always go well for the newly wed couple. In Changing Lanes, the couple whose names ironically where Jim and Linda (notice first letters of each, as in Joel and Lisa) the couple was killed by the bad guys. Will Henry be enough of the good guys getting killed off in this saga? Or will the goat's blood-thirst demand more?

There are two scenarios that could play out to stop Bridget;

One where I see Frank and Gonzales figuring out that Bridget has used them and is planning an assault at the honeymoon site, the only option would be to contact the rival cartels and fill them in on all that they know, putting Franks life at risk, but starting a war that stops Bridget's plans. What 'if' the day before Trevor's arrival to pick up the couple, the couple is offered a boat excursion, one of those glass bottom ones to take a 3-hour tour around the island? But is actually a kidnap mission to ferry them to safety, meanwhile housekeeping has packed their belongings up and Xavier is none the wiser to the trick being done. If the rival Cartel defeats Bridget her credibility is gone, they gain the upper hand and the first among equals is a dead man. Bridget would have to flee again with her anger unabated towards Trevor. The rival cartel cares not about Trevor, as the tape has been already released, but the plot against them gained more and simply killing a civilian holds no advantage to them, as the damage is done.

The 2nd scenario is Bridget's own cartel, what 'if' the dissenters of Bridget, decide that they are in real danger, and take steps to avoid a war on their own by allying with the rival drug cartel?  I don't see how Bridget's plans could be kept that secret from them after her little demonstration to them at the last board meeting, they have to be on HIGH alert for their own safety. Trevor is no longer an issue now that the tape is public.

Frank could be the sacrifice lamb in this case and the blood thirsty goat can nail another good guy, especially if he can convince others that Trevor has never seen the tape because they could not play it, but just turned it over to the authorities. That would suffice the narrators version that all that had seen the tape were marked with death, if it were known that they did not see the tape (even though they had) nobody can confirm it.

My Muse!!

That leaves the final chase......... with the 30-06 :lmao:  Yep, I know in my gut that it has to come into play!

• Posted 86 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

The Grand and Deadly Design is up! (it might take a minute after this post to appear).

Happy December 86th, 2012!

I apologize for the delay. I screwed up and managed to bungle sending an e-mail to one member of my team, and this, coupled with the fact he was offline for several days, caused the delay. It was then extended an extra day while I sorted out a continuity issue with the next chapter, which will be the first of the final three. I'm taking extra time and care on these chapters, because they are the end of a ride that's taken us all two years. I have to get them exactly right.  

We are, thankfully, still on schedule (barely) to wrap this thing up before the end of 2012, and in under 100 chapters. :ph34r:

Posted 86th December 2012 - 02:16 AM

I can't wait for the answer to this question:  How many days does YOUR December have?

• Like 1

Well, it is looking more and more like these kids are not going to survive this ordeal, at least not all of them.I hope I am wrong, but it looks to me like the Sea Witch is going to get what she wants and get away clean, which is a terrible shame, because there has been an amazing love story woven into all this intrigue and international ,mystery.....

Once again we bow to the master.  That was NOT what I expected to happen.  I am finding it hard to imagine all the convoluted thinking that went in to this part of the plot.  Oh! before I forget, I surrender, yes I know you dont just walk in to a hotel (at least one that doesnt rent by the hour) and pay cash but I still say Charles is a morron for not getting some friend or some other method to cover the tracks.  And I think he proves the point by accepting the honeymoon deal from the father (or was it father-in-law).  I guess I am just a suspicious minded kind of guy but all the coincidences in that whole deal would scare me off.  If the vacation was real, it would be good another time and Charles apparently had enough money to give Joel and Lisa a good honemoon without any freebes getting in the way. 

However as part of the plot, again I say this thing is so convoluted I am getting a headache trying to figure it all out.  I am crying on the inside because I dont see this ending without one or more of the 4 of them getting killed and it breaks my heart to see good characters get killed off.  However there may be one saving grace in all this.  Bridget is so convinced of her superiority and I think she has way over planned things that I suspect a major backfire could be in offing here.  Not sure how it would play out exactly but if anyone could come up with a plot in that vain it is the very same guy who has given us this fantastic story so far.  I am disappointed that I did not see his name in any category during the oscars last night.  I was so looking forward to an acceptance speach.  Thanks again for a great story.

• Like 1

wait a minute!!! cliffs in Florida. Weren't they in Florida?? There are no cliffs in Florida......so say the goat!.....and then he put one in his story, it's a dasterdly deed of devilish duality......

• Like 1

Once again we bow to the master.  That was NOT what I expected to happen.  I am finding it hard to imagine all the convoluted thinking that went in to this part of the plot.  Oh! before I forget, I surrender, yes I know you dont just walk in to a hotel (at least one that doesnt rent by the hour) and pay cash but I still say Charles is a morron for not getting some friend or some other method to cover the tracks.  And I think he proves the point by accepting the honeymoon deal from the father (or was it father-in-law).  I guess I am just a suspicious minded kind of guy but all the coincidences in that whole deal would scare me off.  If the vacation was real, it would be good another time and Charles apparently had enough money to give Joel and Lisa a good honemoon without any freebes getting in the way. 

However as part of the plot, again I say this thing is so convoluted I am getting a headache trying to figure it all out.  I am crying on the inside because I dont see this ending without one or more of the 4 of them getting killed and it breaks my heart to see good characters get killed off.  However there may be one saving grace in all this.  Bridget is so convinced of her superiority and I think she has way over planned things that I suspect a major backfire could be in offing here.  Not sure how it would play out exactly but if anyone could come up with a plot in that vain it is the very same guy who has given us this fantastic story so far.  I am disappointed that I did not see his name in any category during the oscars last night.  I was so looking forward to an acceptance speach.  Thanks again for a great story.

B) ..............It does depend on the goat, past newly married heterosexual couples have been killed of by the goat in his stories, the initials J.and L. are a forewarning in this saga. Bridget indeed is complacent in thinking she has the upper hand here, but does she?

Just finished chapter 99+53. It was a nail biting experience but I feel the true pucker factor is yet to come. So looking forward to the next chapter 99+54 which I expect to be posted in the next few hours so that we may finish on time. I also must ask does the Goat. (Which means greatest of all time) have another story to start on when this one finishes?

Just finished chapter 99+53. It was a nail biting experience but I feel the true pucker factor is yet to come. So looking forward to the next chapter 99+54 which I expect to be posted in the next few hours so that we may finish on time. I also must ask does the Goat. (Which means greatest of all time) have another story to start on when this one finishes?

B) ...................Errmmm! I not sure you will get the next chapter in a few hours, the goat has been quiet since posting his last chapter  (which was very much delayed)

Did anyone else notice how glaringly obvious it seemed that the free island honeymoon package was a Bridget setup? It didn't seem to me to be something I'd seen CJ put in the story...except maybe that one time , the story of the man eating red kangaroos.

Any thought?

The 30-06 isn't going to be much use against 70 boats is it? Practically nothing would be, and certainly nothing that Trevor and Shane are likely to have on Atlantis, surely.

The next chapter isn't likely to appear any time soon, I don't think. I haven't seen it yet and it usually takes me a couple of days to go through it once I do. Last I heard CJ was triple-checking that everything fits together before sending it out. At this stage, it's really important that all the loose ends are tied up properly.

• Site Administrator

A few thought :) :

• Bridget mentioned that her thinking always treats an obstacle as an opportunity. Funny thing is, so far Trevor has done the same with his thinking since day one. I wonder if Bridget has considered this possibility that she is definitely attacking herself? :unsure:
  • The honeymoon package was definitely a setup by Bridget. Joel's Grandfather was the willing sucker and Gonzales failed in his tracking of the owner of the travel agency.
  • Our often traveled Goat is a bit of a world traveler, so I am sure he has personally been at the edge of Lover's Leap in Jamaica to give such a historical and descriptive view to the us. Nothing that could be down from pictures. This means our Goat's constant moaning of never going near cliffs is in fact a lie. CJ has been around more cliffs than flies to fresh poop :)
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but the huge Haitian earthquake (7.0) was on January 12, 2010. If Bridget and The First Among Equals are in Haiti in August, the island is still swamped with Military from the US and many other countries. Wouldn't this be a bad place for her to be hiding out other than being spitting distance from Jamaica and Cuba?
  • Trevor has now reveled to Frank about the hidden gold. Frank took time to explain Arnold choose his words very carefully and that the gold did in fact makes SOME of his words make more sense, but not them all. As far as I recall, Trevor has not turned over the Haggis recipe to anyone (may have mentioned it) as of yet. I'd say that the Haggis recipe is the final clue that Frank needs to find the hidden meaning in Arnold's tape and come up with the solution that we are all hoping for...a way to bring Bridget down and ensure Trevor, Shane, Lisa and Joel all can live normal lives.

Think Trevor, Think :P

Thanks for the chapter CJ :P

• Site Moderator

The 30-06 isn't going to be much use against 70 boats is it? Practically nothing would be, and certainly nothing that Trevor and Shane are likely to have on Atlantis, surely.

The next chapter isn't likely to appear any time soon, I don't think. I haven't seen it yet and it usually takes me a couple of days to go through it once I do. Last I heard CJ was triple-checking that everything fits together before sending it out. At this stage, it's really important that all the loose ends are tied up properly.

You should be seeing the next chapter soon. I received it early this morning.

You should be seeing the next chapter soon. I received it early this morning.

I have just returned chapter 153 to C J with my comments.  Don't know when it will be released, but do know it will be worth the wait.

A few thought :) :

• Bridget mentioned that her thinking always treats an obstacle as an opportunity. Funny thing is, so far Trevor has done the same with his thinking since day one. I wonder if Bridget has considered this possibility that she is definitely attacking herself? :unsure:
  • The honeymoon package was definitely a setup by Bridget. Joel's Grandfather was the willing sucker and Gonzales failed in his tracking of the owner of the travel agency.
  • Our often traveled Goat is a bit of a world traveler, so I am sure he has personally been at the edge of Lover's Leap in Jamaica to give such a historical and descriptive view to the us. Nothing that could be down from pictures. This means our Goat's constant moaning of never going near cliffs is in fact a lie. CJ has been around more cliffs than flies to fresh poop :)
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but the huge Haitian earthquake (7.0) was on January 12, 2010. If Bridget and The First Among Equals are in Haiti in August, the island is still swamped with Military from the US and many other countries. Wouldn't this be a bad place for her to be hiding out other than being spitting distance from Jamaica and Cuba?
  • Trevor has now reveled to Frank about the hidden gold. Frank took time to explain Arnold choose his words very carefully and that the gold did in fact makes SOME of his words make more sense, but not them all. As far as I recall, Trevor has not turned over the Haggis recipe to anyone (may have mentioned it) as of yet. I'd say that the Haggis recipe is the final clue that Frank needs to find the hidden meaning in Arnold's tape and come up with the solution that we are all hoping for...a way to bring Bridget down and ensure Trevor, Shane, Lisa and Joel all can live normal lives.

Think Trevor, Think :P

Thanks for the chapter CJ :P

You're spot on with the date of the earthquake, but the story's taking place in 2007 so well before it.

Edited by Low Flyer
  • Site Administrator

You're spot on with the date of the earthquake, but the story's taking place in 2007 so well before it.

Damn :(

Got the date wrong, but I searched and no major earthquakes in Haiti or Jamaica in 2007 :(

B) ........... You misread what I wrote, I said that Trevor would be using the 30-06 on one boat, driven by a very angry woman.

• Site Administrator

B) ........... You misread what I wrote, I said that Trevor would be using the 30-06 on one boat, driven by a very angry woman.

For some reason, even though it is personal, I don't see Bridget getting personally involved in the take down. She has appeared when it was just her a couple of times (Julie's house and Geraldton), but most other attempts have always been from afar. Heck, she has Xavier in the room across the hall from Joel and Lisa's and their room is totally bugged. I just don't see her leaving Haiti until she is sure that her plan is completely executed.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..