Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+55) Doomsday

I think we are getting a chapter in the next 24 hours....it's in beta, or was. We get a Tuesday chapter this week, everyone???

B) ..............I'm sure it will appear tonight @ 10pm EST

• Like 1

Ah ha!!! I see it :)

CJ sends out multiple chapter endings so the 'whole' team doesn't accuse him of a cliffhanger ;)

Not true!! The team, myself included, are absolutely dedicated to ensuring that the chapters are entirely cliffhanger-free!

when are we getting the final chapter?

The final, plus epilogue, will appear about a week after the one that's about to post, Hellbound. I'm working on it now.

miketx8,

the final chapter comes out in December 2012, ;)

Absolutely!

After Circumnavigation is finished do you plan on writing a sequel to one of your stories or starting a new one from the beginning?

To be honest, I haven't made up my mind. Well, I have, I just keep changing it. It's probably a sequel to "For the Love".

What I can guarantee is it won't be a sequel to Circumnavigation; Circumnavigation has no sequel. 

You are the ONLY one that MIGHT believe that, even if many cave to your threats when they say so publicly.

But... it's true! I'm very well known for my utter avoidance of cliffs and cliffhangers.

I think we are getting a chapter in the next 24 hours....it's in beta, or was. We get a Tuesday chapter this week, everyone???

It's being worked on by the team. I do not know when I will receive it back. I will post it within a few hours of getting it back from the final team member. So it could appear at any time. 

I do apologize for the delay; I had no idea it would take this long for me to send the chapter out.  

B) ..............I'm sure it will appear tonight @ 10pm EST

At this point, that's highly unlikely. Sorry.

Having had to spend the day at work as a one day special to cover for a supervisor, I've read the next chapter, and it will be back to CJ after I get home. I'll have to agree, with what I saw of the end of the chapter, there's no tension there.

Thank you Talonrider!!!!

• Like 1

To be honest, I haven't made up my mind. Well, I have, I just keep changing it. It's probably a sequel to "For the Love".

What I can guarantee is it won't be a sequel to Circumnavigation; Circumnavigation has no sequel.

Does it make you a little nervous that there is no sequel to circumnavigation because maybe everyone doesn't live, making a sequel a bit awkward at the least?

I refreshed my memory of "For the Love". That is also a GREAT story. So those of you who haven't read it, should read it. Very endearing characters there as well, ....not to mention the twists and turns. It's like driving around "cliffs". While speaking of that, in that story the two main characters were in 'Veronica's' workplace early in the story and the other waitress suggested that they could make alot of money modeling. I just thought that is one nugget that could be followed in the sequel!!

And finally, a thought has played around in my head about the title of the next chapter, "Hellbound". To me, that's a good omen for our motley group of luckless heroes. It's clear who IS going to hell and who ISN'T. Enjoy the trip, Bridgette, you DESERVE IT!!!

Edited by bayoudreamn
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I see a favorite of everybody's, the unsung hero of FTL, Eric to play a prominent role of any sequel. After all Steve and Chris have him to thank that they are alive to have a sequel with them included :D

Hellhound has an ominous sound to it. I would guess some characters could take that as a trip itinerary. I wonder if Bridget in her rage take out TFAE due to his insistence to call off the pursuit?

Edited by wildone
  • Like 1

I see a favorite of everybody's, the unsung hero of FTL, Eric to play a prominent role of any sequel. After all Steve and Chris have him to thank that they are alive to have a sequel with them included :D

Hellhound has an ominous sound to it. I would guess some characters could take that as a trip itinerary. I wonder if Bridget in her rage take out TFAE due to his insistence to call off the pursuit?

B) .........................Aha, Eric my favorite cretin in FTL, that little sociopath should provide some real entertainment. However. I'm a bit clueless how the goat is going to accomplish this!  Eric is wanted in the state where Steve and Chris reside in for amoungst other things, shooting the Sheriff (but he didn't shoot the deputy)  :lmao:   

• Like 1

I always wondered if there would be a sequel to for the love. First story by c James I read. Back when I was in college. Ohh kept me up a many nights cause I was so fixated in the novel I should say. As always C James out done his self in that story. And I'm sure hellbound will be no exception. I gotta admit c James never uses cliffhangers. Therefore no cliffs exsist in this story except lovers leap. With that said I need a new chapter pronto before I fall off this unusually shaped "Hill" =^.^=

• Like 1

I always wondered if there would be a sequel to for the love. First story by c James I read. Back when I was in college. Ohh kept me up a many nights cause I was so fixated in the novel I should say. As always C James out done his self in that story. And I'm sure hellbound will be no exception. I gotta admit c James never uses cliffhangers. Therefore no cliffs exsist in this story except lovers leap. With that said I need a new chapter pronto before I fall off this unusually shaped "Hill" =^.^=

LOL.....unusually shaped hill.....I like that!!.....don't try to read the story up there, you'll be accused of having cliff notes!....there's some discussion about the use of those...there might be some dishonesty involved. Edited by bayoudreamn
  • Like 1

So I kinda found this story by accident and got immediately addicted to it, over a week in all my spare time I've read my way from Chapter one through to Doomsday.

Thanks very much for great story. :thumbup:

I guess all I can do now is keep refreshing the index every 5 minutes until the next chapter arrives, its only been a couple of days and I'm getting withdrawals already  ;)

• Like 2

So I kinda found this story by accident and got immediately addicted to it, over a week in all my spare time I've read my way from Chapter one through to Doomsday.

Thanks very much for great story. :thumbup:

I guess all I can do now is keep refreshing the index every 5 minutes until the next chapter arrives, its only been a couple of days and I'm getting withdrawals already  ;)

Just think about how those of us who have been following the story for a couple of years feel.   The wait is endlessssssssssssssssssss.

• Like 2

Yes it is....and the author, the venerable goat, has apologized.....and the chapter is finished and making it's way through the review process before posting. It just takes some time. This particular chapter, like several recent chapters has suffered from the nearness to the absolute conclusion of the story so that it's been more sluggish in release. I think it's fair for us to chat with each other and tell each other how difficult waiting is without feeling like we are hurting anyone's feelings by doing so. CJ knows we look forward with anticipation to each new chapter.

• Like 1

Thank you to those who recommended "For The Love". I've been reading that while waiting for the next chapter of Circumnavigation. Unfortunately I now have to be up in 3 hours for work but I finished it in one setting. Wow!

• Like 1

I've been checking for the next chapter daily.

As I read the comments of others waiting with me, I picture myself stuck in an elevator with many people I've never seen because there is no light and the power is out. 

Having nothing better to do as we wait, we talk about the ride so far and our anxious hope that the elevator will soon be fixed.  Unspoken is the fact that all of us are in a small box suspended many feet above the ground.  We have faith that we will safely have a happy ending, yet we share a fear that we can't prevent a fatal ending.  It's been a long wait.  Most of us are getting cranky, not to mention smelly. 

I think we hear some distant voices.  We all hope they are the voices of our rescuers. 

Suddenly a voice calls out, saying, " Hey, is there any bod.........." (bang.....then nothing but darkness).........  

• Like 1

Just think about how those of us who have been following the story for a couple of years feel. The wait is endlessssssssssssssssssss.

This kinda makes me glad that I've only just found this story, I've had a great time obsessively reading it - staying up way past my bed time and making my days sleepy and hanging out to get home and read more...

• Like 1

This kinda makes me glad that I've only just found this story, I've had a great time obsessively reading it - staying up way past my bed time and making my days sleepy and hanging out to get home and read more...

I discovered it around chapter 75 or so and I was exactly the same - I did little else until I'd caught up. Luckily Trevor had just made it to Australia when I did catch up. I don't know how I'd have dealt with his crossing of the Indian and Southern oceans on a week-to-week basis.

• Like 1

Thank you to those who recommended "For The Love". I've been reading that while waiting for the next chapter of Circumnavigation. Unfortunately I now have to be up in 3 hours for work but I finished it in one setting. Wow!

LOL......btdt
  • Like 1

I've been checking for the next chapter daily.

As I read the comments of others waiting with me, I picture myself stuck in an elevator with many people I've never seen because there is no light and the power is out. 

Having nothing better to do as we wait, we talk about the ride so far and our anxious hope that the elevator will soon be fixed.  Unspoken is the fact that all of us are in a small box suspended many feet above the ground.  We have faith that we will safely have a happy ending, yet we share a fear that we can't prevent a fatal ending.  It's been a long wait.  Most of us are getting cranky, not to mention smelly. 

I think we hear some distant voices.  We all hope they are the voices of our rescuers. 

Suddenly a voice calls out, saying, " Hey, is there any bod.........." (bang.....then nothing but darkness).........

Very imaginative! Very appropriate visualization to the current situation, I like it.
  • Like 1

Holdin' on
Holdin' on
Holdin' on

You got to keep
holdin' on
holdin' on

Oh
holdin' on
holdin' on

Oh, you got to keep
holdin' on

You got to keep
holdin' on

You got to keep
holdin' on

courtesy of runrig

• Like 1

LOL wouldnt it be the worlds best cliffie which we might as well say CJ's notorious goat endings if he actually left the story as the ending of their journey and the end of the edge of your seat saga that has become circumnavigation

• Like 1

I have a new theory. CJ needed some time to work on the 2nd half of the split, so he delayed ANOTHER week on the 1st half of the split and HOW MANY DAYS OLD IS DECEMBER NOW???!!!!

B) .............Nope this saga will come to an end, there is no way he can do a sequel to it. I never imagined back 3 years ago he would keep this story up for this long. He wants a perfect ending that only the goat knows how to do somehow! I do suspect there may be one more chapter after this one, then the epilogue. Too many loose ends in here to fix in one chapter, such as the cartel and Trevor's tape mix, which the goat stated that anyone that has seen the tape of Arnold's was marked for death.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..