Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+55) Doomsday

Something just dawned on me, and I think MikeL will agree with me. If Emoe is the last of the team to see the chapter, as CJ stated above, then Emo couldn't have added that at the end. It was already there when I read the chapter in beta.

I absolutely agree.  Funny how the truth comes out...a falcon asking a frog.  Yikes!  *Looks for a deep hole.*

• Like 1

CJ currently holds the record for the most posts with 10,535.

Some things to remember about the goat is he likes to use a lot of misdirection to take the blame off himself. AND he likes to misquote people.

The Goat would never do such a thing! That is an unfounded and unjust accusation!

• Like 1

The Goat would never do such a thing! That is an unfounded and unjust accusation!

B) ..............My are you young and naive!!  :lol:  I've been following this goat for years, and believe me he would do such things!!  ;)

I am starting to think this delay is a conspiracy.  The Goat did say that he wanted more interaction - even threatened to hold the end of the story - and lo and behold.  I could be wrong but he is now the post leader so...

• Like 1

you know whats not nice here we have TalonRider and MikeL egging us on and joining the fun even though they have both already read the chapter we are begging for those b*******

anyway Great Story so far C James and thanks for keeping us on our toes  

P.S. i think shane is the one with the stopped heart because of the lightning and all and could result in a possible resuscitation where as if its trever that would mean he has bled out which means there is no way to revive him in time.   

you know whats not nice here we have TalonRider and MikeL egging us on and joining the fun even though they have both already read the chapter we are begging for those b*******

P.S. i think shane is the one with the stopped heart because of the lightning and all and could result in a possible resuscitation where as if its trever that would mean he has bled out which means there is no way to revive him in time.   

B) .............I think I like the idea that it is Joel, and Shane resucutetes him, when coming too tells Shane that he is a better kisser then Trevor!!  :lol: .....Really blame Emoe?  I thought it was "Finding Emoe"?  Patience is a vitue, but dammit I want to kill a goat!!!!

Jamaican Goat Curry Recipe

Prep time: 30 minutes
    Cook time: 3 hours

Add to shopping list
Ingredients

1/4 cup vegetable oil
    6-8 Tbsp curry powder
    1 Tbsp allspice (see step 1)
    3 pounds goat (can use lamb or beef if you can't find goat)
    Salt
    2 onions, chopped
    1-2 habanero or Scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and chopped
    A 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
    1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
    1-2 cans coconut milk
    1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
    1 Tbsp dried thyme
    3-4 cups water
    5 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks

Method

1 Make the curry powder. If you can find Jamaican curry powder, definitely use it. If not, use regular curry powder and add the allspice to it. You will need at least 6 tablespoons of spices for this stew, and you can kick it up to 8-9 depending on how spicy you like it.

2 Cut the meat into large chunks, maybe 2-3 inches across. If you have bones, you can use them, too. Salt everything well and set aside to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.

3 Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the curry powder and heat until fragrant.

4 Pat the meat dry and brown well in the curried oil. Do this in batches and don’t overcrowd the pot. It will take a while to do this, maybe 30 minutes or so. Set the browned meat aside in a bowl. (When all the meat is browned, if you have bones, add them and brown them, too.)

5 Add the onions and habanero to the pot and sauté, stirring from time to time, until the onions just start to brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle some salt over them as they cook. Add the ginger and garlic, mix well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.

6 Put the meat (and bones, if using) back into the pot, along with any juices left in the bowl. Mix well. Pour in the coconut milk and tomatoes and 5 tablespoons of the curry powder. Stir to combine. If you are using 2 cans of coconut milk, add 3 cups of water. If you’re only using 1 can, add 4 cups of water. Add the thyme. Bring to a simmer and let it cook until the meat is falling-apart tender, which will take at least 2 hours. Longer if you have a mature goat.

7 Once the meat is close to being done – tender but not falling apart yet – Add the potatoes and mix in. The stew is done when the potatoes are. Taste for salt and add some if it needs it.

8 You might need to skim off the layer of fat at the top of the curry before serving. Do this with a large, shallow spoon, skimming into a bowl. Also, be sure to remove any bones before you serve the curry.

The stew is better the day after, or even several days after, the day you make it.

Serve with Jamaican rice and peas, a coconut rice with kidney beans.

Yield: Serve 8-12

Are we contemplating something nefarious here?

Jamaican Goat Curry Recipe

Prep time: 30 minutes
    Cook time: 3 hours

Add to shopping list
Ingredients

1/4 cup vegetable oil
    6-8 Tbsp curry powder
    1 Tbsp allspice (see step 1)
    3 pounds goat (can use lamb or beef if you can't find goat)
    Salt
    2 onions, chopped
    1-2 habanero or Scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and chopped
    A 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
    1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
    1-2 cans coconut milk
    1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
    1 Tbsp dried thyme
    3-4 cups water
    5 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks

Method

1 Make the curry powder. If you can find Jamaican curry powder, definitely use it. If not, use regular curry powder and add the allspice to it. You will need at least 6 tablespoons of spices for this stew, and you can kick it up to 8-9 depending on how spicy you like it.

2 Cut the meat into large chunks, maybe 2-3 inches across. If you have bones, you can use them, too. Salt everything well and set aside to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.

3 Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the curry powder and heat until fragrant.

4 Pat the meat dry and brown well in the curried oil. Do this in batches and don’t overcrowd the pot. It will take a while to do this, maybe 30 minutes or so. Set the browned meat aside in a bowl. (When all the meat is browned, if you have bones, add them and brown them, too.)

5 Add the onions and habanero to the pot and sauté, stirring from time to time, until the onions just start to brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle some salt over them as they cook. Add the ginger and garlic, mix well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.

6 Put the meat (and bones, if using) back into the pot, along with any juices left in the bowl. Mix well. Pour in the coconut milk and tomatoes and 5 tablespoons of the curry powder. Stir to combine. If you are using 2 cans of coconut milk, add 3 cups of water. If you’re only using 1 can, add 4 cups of water. Add the thyme. Bring to a simmer and let it cook until the meat is falling-apart tender, which will take at least 2 hours. Longer if you have a mature goat.

7 Once the meat is close to being done – tender but not falling apart yet – Add the potatoes and mix in. The stew is done when the potatoes are. Taste for salt and add some if it needs it.

8 You might need to skim off the layer of fat at the top of the curry before serving. Do this with a large, shallow spoon, skimming into a bowl. Also, be sure to remove any bones before you serve the curry.

The stew is better the day after, or even several days after, the day you make it.

Serve with Jamaican rice and peas, a coconut rice with kidney beans.

Yield: Serve 8-12

Had to take tranquillisers after reading the last chapter IT WAS GREAT best yet

Now need take them for the depression caused by the waiting for the next chapter

It will be hard to beat "DOOMSDAY"

I will wait until the epilogue is posted read it from the start then delay for a couple of weeks before starting to read it again

This will give Alchozimmers time to blur my memory hence read it from start to finish and not have to use tranquillisers

Just 1 or 2 glasses of red sipped slowly to help to relax while I read it

Thank you CJ it has been really great

PS I do like curry especially Goat curry

Edited by prklux
  • Site Moderator

At this point, we are simply trying to protect a member of the team from a grievous accusation.

Now granted, as a member of the team, we get to see the chapter in the rough before it's posted. Like everyone else, we have to wait for the chapter to post before we can talk about it in the forum.  Knowing what's in the next chapter sometimes makes it hard to post in a current topic without revealing something from the coming chapter.  A lot of authors like for their team to participate in the discussion.

• Like 1

Now granted, as a member of the team, we get to see the chapter in the rough before it's posted. Like everyone else, we have to wait for the chapter to post before we can talk about it in the forum.  Knowing what's in the next chapter sometimes makes it hard to post in a current topic without revealing something from the coming chapter.

So true.  More than once, I've started to respond to someone's erroneous comment before I realized that they have read one less chapter than I have.  It's even harder when the later chapter has been delayed.  Patience is important for me for a different reason.  :(

Edited by MikeL

Something just dawned on me, and I think MikeL will agree with me. If Emoe is the last of the team to see the chapter, as CJ stated above, then Emo couldn't have added that at the end. It was already there when I read the chapter in beta.

But but but...  Emoe was the last on the team to be sent the chapter, BUT, do bear in mind that Graeme was sent the chapter too, and he is in Australia and thus both using an inverted calandar and on the opposite side of the dateline, so he actually receives the chapter a day before it is sent to him. And this time, he sent it back quickly, and we back-and-forthed a few times on various aspects of it, and in each case it meant the chapter recrossing the dateline, so at the end of it all we had the chapter nearly a week before I'd even finished it, and thus Emoe, though being sent it last, might have got it first, in time to add that final line well before any of you who saw it before he did got it, and well before he received it himself.  

Exactly! :)

B) ..............My are you young and naive!!  :lol:  I've been following this goat for years, and believe me he would do such things!!  ;)

Who, me? 0:)

They aren't the only ones who get to see the chapter first. Actually, I get to see it before anyone else - except for Graeme, who due to being on the opposite side of the dateline sometimes gets to read it before it's written. :)

Had to take tranquillisers after reading the last chapter IT WAS GREAT best yet

Now need take them for the depression caused by the waiting for the next chapter

It will be hard to beat "DOOMSDAY"

I will wait until the epilogue is posted read it from the start then delay for a couple of weeks before starting to read it again

This will give Alchozimmers time to blur my memory hence read it from start to finish and not have to use tranquillisers

Just 1 or 2 glasses of red sipped slowly to help to relax while I read it

Thank you CJ it has been really great

PS I do like curry especially Goat curry

Uhoh... I always start to worry when people start posting goat recopies.... :ph34r:

At this point, we are simply trying to protect a member of the team from a grievous accusation.

But but but.... what it all boils down to is this; some folks here, for whatever erroneous reason, did perceive the chapter ending as, well, a tad tense... and some even said it was a cliffy, and if was a cliffy, that means I'd be incapable of writing it, so therefor it has to be someone else. 

So true.  More than once, I've started to respond to someone's erroneous comment before I realized that they have read one less chapter than I have.  It's even harder when the later chapter has been delayed.  Patience is important for me for a different reason.  :(

Same here. Except I'm more constrained than anyone, because I know the full plot.

I may get to see the chapter before most people, BUT I still have to wait until it is published to check if has changed. Of Course, it never does?

It does change. :)  I go through a chapter after each team member sends it back. I don't just address their comments, I also see things that need changing or fixing and do that as well; changing wording, etc.

For example, in the chapter next to post, I bungled the time of day for some of it and had to fix it. I also worked on the wording in a great number of places. 

CJ :)

But but but...  Emoe was the last on the team to be sent the chapter, BUT, do bear in mind that Graeme was sent the chapter too, and he is in Australia and thus both using an inverted calandar and on the opposite side of the dateline, so he actually receives the chapter a day before it is sent to him. And this time, he sent it back quickly, and we back-and-forthed a few times on various aspects of it, and in each case it meant the chapter recrossing the dateline, so at the end of it all we had the chapter nearly a week before I'd even finished it, and thus Emoe, though being sent it last, might have got it first, in time to add that final line well before any of you who saw it before he did got it, and well before he received it himself.  

Exactly! :)

Who, me? 0:)

They aren't the only ones who get to see the chapter first. Actually, I get to see it before anyone else - except for Graeme, who due to being on the opposite side of the dateline sometimes gets to read it before it's written. :)

Uhoh... I always start to worry when people start posting goat recopies.... :ph34r:

But but but.... what it all boils down to is this; some folks here, for whatever erroneous reason, did perceive the chapter ending as, well, a tad tense... and some even said it was a cliffy, and if was a cliffy, that means I'd be incapable of writing it, so therefor it has to be someone else. 

Same here. Except I'm more constrained than anyone, because I know the full plot.

It does change. :)  I go through a chapter after each team member sends it back. I don't just address their comments, I also see things that need changing or fixing and do that as well; changing wording, etc.

For example, in the chapter next to post, I bungled the time of day for some of it and had to fix it. I also worked on the wording in a great number of places. 

CJ :)

Goat!!!!!

I have only one thing to say.  If Bullshit was music you would be a BRASS Band.  If it was snow you would be a blizzard.

• Like 3

Sorry, C.J., but I gotta agree with JimCarter. Except it's not either/or; you're a brass band IN a blizzard with that last post. But don't worry, we still love ya. Just hurry up and post the next chapter, please! P.S. I've heard that goat is incredibly hard to get tender so you're safe with me.

• Site Administrator

Just so everyone knows, there is a nifty little feature if there is someone talking about the chapter before you have seen it and don't want to read those posts. 0:)

If you go to the top of your screen on the right, you should see your Profile name with a drop down menu. Drop it down and go to 'My Settings'. When the new screen comes up, on the left menu, choose the 'Ignore' Preferences. You can type in any other member name and choose posts. This will prevent you from seeing their posts.

A couple of problems with it. You will not see any of their posts anywhere on the site. Also, if someone replies to their post, you will see it then and the person's reply.

I guess you need to weigh the pro's and con's of using it :)

I've got just one thing just just just one thing to say. WE'RE CLOSED!!!

LMAO! Damn, DP, chill! You're too young to be strokin' out over all this. But it would help take the edge off if we had the NEXT CHAPTER, wouldn't it? LOL!

Well i think i've got it figured out, there are two possibilities

1)  The great grandson of Captain Nemo is still wandering the oceans in the ancient Nautilus waiting for an opportune moment for that storied vessel to make it's reappearance.  While this is a possibility the chances of a goat using a previously supposed 'fictional' character as a plot line seems improbable (although it has never been scientifically proven that Nemo or Nautilus were indeed fictional.)

2)  Clive Cussler was in the Caribbean doing research for his next Dirk Pitt novel when he learns of the troubles facing our Atlantis, and in true Cussler fashion pulls of an improbable last minute rescue.  This would work, but I don't know of any precedent of a goat collaborating with another author.

Well fellow fans, I admit, I'm stumped.

B) ............My take of it is that the storm itself will push this floandering ship to the side, much like a tornado would do to a flower in the wind. The storm track if I remember right is heading NE, our heroes are at the the outer edges of the SW, the winds and waves would push them more westward out of the more destuctive nature of the storm.  My 'guess' is that Bridget also turned west to avoid the impact, and after the storms passing decided to look for the Atlantis as her blood is still boiling from Trevor's taunts. She is now alone as all three of her crew are dead as well as including the number one of the cartel. I have an idea what happens next, but will leave that to others imagination.

I logged in... still no new cliff...er chapter, going to have to find something else to read tonight again, but I was thinking (yes, it hurt), there may be no U.S. navy in the area.. what about a rescue by some other countries naval asset, or, could the hurricane change direction away from Atlantis, or something? 

I just really hope that bridget gets killed - painfully and completely humiliated. I applaud CJames for making a character I really can despise.

Edited by xizor
  • Site Moderator

Dean was a very real, very dangerous Hurricane.

I had even entertained the idea of an Australian vessel coming to the rescue, but I think that would be a little far fetched to be expecting them to be following Atlantis.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..