I just got an email from NaNoWriMo about the second session of camp in July!

Just wondering if anyone is interested and if we might have like a support forum/thread for those of us that are.  This certainly could turn into the support thread if there's enough people interested!  I just thought it would be a good idea to bounce ideas off of those in the GA community.  My experience with the cabin system has been less than pleasant with 4/6 dropping out the last time I participated.  Same kind of challenge, 50,000 words in the 31 days of July.  I will definitely be participating.  I missed the last session unfortunately because I totally forgot it had been moved to April. >_<*

So yea, let me know what you think!

Well, i personally don't Camp because the summer is really really busy on the farm (making hay, shearing sheep, dealing generally with the sun) plus the wedding this year, but i am i happy sounding board.

I saw the email and was like... pfft, i'll managed that anyway without any kind of task to do (sorry, i'm weird)

We should totally have a Wrimo thread in November though!

• Like 1

Hey, that's cool.  July, I'll be busy as all hell too.  I don't even break for summer from the classes I'm TAKING until the middle of it.  And then I have another three weeks for the classes I'm TEACHING to break for summer.  I always use nano as an excuse to write a lot and do NOTHING else.  It normally works pretty well ;)

Anyway, I was totally planning on a November wrimo thread.  Andy!  You should totally wrimo!  If not in July then for the real challenge in November.  It'll be fun!  My mannies almost always SUCK by the end because I just do everything and anything to keep the story going.  They tend to have a lot of hairpin turns as well...heheh...

The word count goal in November is 50,000, but you can choose your own word count goal in April and July. They've changed this. I wrote 20,000 words in April. I'm not yet sure if I will be participating in July, perhaps with a lower word count, 15,00 or 20,000 or so.

The word count goal in November is 50,000, but you can choose your own word count goal in April and July. They've changed this. I wrote 20,000 words in April. I'm not yet sure if I will be participating in July, perhaps with a lower word count, 15,00 or 20,000 or so.

I didn't know that!  Thanks for the info.  That might make it a bit easier, especially for those of us with a busy summer planned.  Thanks for the tip!

It does sound interesting. But what's the difference between NaNoWrimo and the July Camp, except the months of course?

I have just learned that you can make your own words count.  Which I am also assuming that it means instead of starting from scratch, you can just continue on a story or whatever with a modified word count goal for the month.  AND, July has 31 days.  One more day extra for literary abandon! :D

I'm also quite busy in July, but I'm considering it. Wish it was June instead, I have almost nothing going on in June. :P

Right?  June would be ten times more convenient.  But alas.  July it is.  I'm kind of excited that I can choose my own word count goal though.  That should make things a little bit less stressful.

Right?  June would be ten times more convenient.  But alas.  July it is.  I'm kind of excited that I can choose my own word count goal though.  That should make things a little bit less stressful.

I did April, and loved the setting your own word count thing. :)