OK so the first day of one of my classes we played this game I thought was kinda fun. It's called "Two Truths and a Lie". You have to say three things about yourself that we don't know. Two of which are true, one of which is a lie. Then we try to guess which one is the lie. I was thinking we could post our three facts. Guess on everyone else's, then in 3 or 4 days we could all "confess" which one is the lie. It's also more fun if you give interesting facts that can then be explained further. like one girl in my class did:

"I've never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich"

"I have seven siblings"

"I'm afraid of spiders"

And the lie was that she was afraid of spiders, in fact she isn't (Interesting). She also really does have seven siblings (Interesting). And she's never eaten a PB&J sandwich because she is in fact allergic to peanuts (also interesting). You guys get the idea. So I'll go first:

"I sometimes use an anti-aging cream"

"I once starred in a play"

"I've been hypnotized a few times"

Now you guys guess which one is a lie and post your own three things. I Hope you guys like the game. Take care,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks interesting. Here's mine.

"I bought my current car only because the pedals move up and down"

"I didn't pick any of the furniture in my house"

"My favorite food is soft shell crabs"

And my guess for Kevin's lie is "I once starred in a play"

Sharon

And my guess for Kevin's lie is "I once starred in a play"

Sharon

Hmm, My guess for Sharon's lie is "I didn't pick any of the furniture in my house."

Interesting game Kevin. I have to agree with Sharon that your lie is "I once starred in a play" and my guess for Sharon's lie would be "My favorite food is soft shell crabs".

Let's see now...

"I'm afraid of butterflies."

"To get out of giving a speech in front of a local MP I dyed my hair pink."

"I could legally fly a plane before I could legally drive a car."

Rob

My guess for Rob's lie is "I'm afraid of butterflies"

And the lie was that she was afraid of spiders, in fact she isn't (Interesting). She also really does have seven siblings (Interesting). And she's never eaten a PB&J sandwich because she is in fact allergic to peanuts (also interesting). You guys get the idea. So I'll go first:

The lie is that you use anti aging cream

Sharon

The lie is that you love soft shell crabs

Interesting game Kevin. I have to agree with Sharon that your lie is "I once starred in a play" and my guess for Sharon's lie would be "My favorite food is soft shell crabs".

Let's see now...

Rob

I think the lie is the second one.....you actually dyed your hair purple :lol:

Ok, now my turn........

I eat the seeds with my watermelon

I was handcuffed last year by the police

My favorite ice cream is half baked twisted Ben & Jerry's

Now you guys guess which one is a lie and post your own three things. I Hope you guys like the game. Take care,

Kevin

I'm going to go with the one about the play.

I'm going with the one about furniture. Even I picked some of the furniture in my house.

The pink hair one sounds slightly on the fallacious side.

I'm going with the one about the ice cream, just because I can.

My turn...

I was charged with a serious felony before I hit adolescence.

I have given away several closets worth and dressers of clothes to Goodwill.

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved balloons and frogs.

--Greg.

I'm going to go with the one about the play.

I'm going with the one about furniture. Even I picked some of the furniture in my house.

The pink hair one sounds slightly on the fallacious side.

My turn...

--Greg.

Im going with the frogs and balloons thing.....I think balloons scare you and frogs make you want to throw up :lol:

Okay...we've played this in Confirmation class before..always fun, lol..

I think some of these posts are getting a tad long so I'm only gonna guess the last three, sorry, lol

I guess...

"Ever since I was a kid, I've loved balloons and frogs."

"My favorite ice cream is half baked twisted Ben & Jerry's"

"I'm afraid of butterflies" <-- Hoping this one is the lie :P

Mine are...

"I was accused by the police to had thrown pumpkins through a church window"

"I HATE stuffed crust pizza"

"I had a kitten when I was little that got killed by a cow"

Ron

Edited by xander

im gonna do the last one . since there are alot ima gonna choose

the kitten that got killed by a cow =[

heres mine :

I eat sunflower seeds with the shell

I must switch perfumes everyday

I am afraid of pigeons

Im going with the frogs and balloons thing.....I think balloons scare you and frogs make you want to throw up :lol:

The sad thing is, you're right. Those are my only phobias. I'm not the only one.

Look at this:

Balloons

And they even have a word for the fear of frogs (that means it's pretty common): Batrachophobia

Nick on the other hand is Genophobic and Hominophobic. :devil:

--Greg.

Edited by tu-yo (Greg)

HMMM I don't think you were really handcuffed by the police. Can't see you in any serious trouble :) I usually accidently eat those little white seeds in the watermelon myself. And who doesn't love Ben & Jerry's? :D

--Greg.

HMM, well I was gonna guess the serious felony thing. But now I know it's the balloon and frog thing.

"I was accused by the police to had thrown pumpkins through a church window"

"I HATE stuffed crust pizza"

"I had a kitten when I was little that got killed by a cow"

Aww I hope it's the kitten thing. I had a cat that got stepped on TWICE (2 seperate incidents) by a cow, but she was fortunate in that it was muddy and the cow didn't go all the way down, so she survived.

I eat sunflower seeds with the shell

I must switch perfumes everyday

I am afraid of pigeons

HMMM I'm gonna take a wild guess that it's the sunflower seed thing. ***looks innocent and acts like he hasn't see the next post***

The sad thing is, you're right. Those are my only phobias. I'm not the only one.

Look at this:

Balloons

And they even have a word for the fear of frogs (that means it's pretty common): Batrachophobia

--Greg.

Well I don't mean to burst your bubble (or balloon :P ), and you're right I'm sure a fear of frogs is pretty common, but we had a big discussion about this in one of my psyc. classes a few semesters ago. It seems people just made up alot of names for potential phobias before anyone (or very many people) were actually diagnosed. Just kinda for fun or "to get their first" or because of the usual conventions for naming phobias its apparent what some would be. Like they have one Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

Anyway have a great day everyone and take care,

Kevin

i think these are lies lol.

my favorite phobia is hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, lol.

anyways... heres mine.

my parents are mean

i'm not attracted to girls

people try to figure me out but can't

Nick on the other hand is Genophobic and Hominophobic. :devil:

--Greg.

um......what does either of those two words mean, because I couldn't find them in the online dictionary I looked them up in and Im too tired to try again :music::music::music::music::music:

my parents are mean

i'm not attracted to girls

people try to figure me out but can't

Im going with the parents being mean one

HMMM I don't think you were really handcuffed by the police. Can't see you in any serious trouble :) I usually accidently eat those little white seeds in the watermelon myself. And who doesn't love Ben & Jerry's? :D

Actually, you picked the wrong one.

Favourite ice cream - got to be the lie. You're really lactose intolerant. That's my guess anyway. :D

ding ding ding.....We have a winner!!!! :pickaxe:

ding ding ding...Im amazed :music::music::music:

Okay...we've played this in Confirmation class before..always fun, lol..

I guess...

"My favorite ice cream is half baked twisted Ben & Jerry's"

"

Ron

yay!!! ding ding ding....we have another winner!!! :lol:

I'm going with, He's blonde!!

My turn! :2thumbs:

I almost died in a car accident last year

My Sister hates me

I walked naked on the halls of our dorm last night.

Edited by albrich

So I skimmed through and these are my answers for the ones who haven't been answered yet (I think I managed all of them).

AFriendlyFace - "I sometimes use an anti-againg cream"

Sat8997 - "I bought my current car only because the pedals move up and down"

Xander - Is it wierd that I really really thought it was "I hate stuffed crust pizza"?

Bao - "I'm blonde"

Albrich - "I almost died in a car accident"

And for your entertainment my three: (Just for the record I have so many quirks, idiosyncrasies, and ridiculous experiences that it was really hard to pick just 2 and come up with a lie.)

I once threw a jelly fish at a friend who had pissed me off while we were at the beach.

Doctors have told me, repeatedly, that I am a little bit too comfortable with needles.

Everytime I get a new stick of antiperspirant/deodorant I peel off the foil seal and stick it on my wall.

Xander - Is it wierd that I really really thought it was "I hate stuffed crust pizza"?

DING DING DING!! Folks we have a winner!! I thought I would get people like that because the other two do seem really odd, but the truth is I LOVE stuffed crust pizza :P . When I was 7 me and my brother each got a kitten from my mom's friend. Well we had them for a couple months and my ex-stepdad's family are power freaks and threatened that they wouldnt come to our house anymore unless we got rid of them. So they volunteered their farm as a place for them. It was about a week after that 'Fluffy' got tired and laid down underneath a cow....well the cow got tired too and laid down and flattened her :( .

Then last November-ish when I had my lil fender bender, when I was in the cop's car, he asked me (more less accusing me) if I knew anything about pumpkins being thrown through a church window because apparently there is a car that looks just ours and has the same first three digits of license plate. It took my mom to call the cop and tell him to call up my confirmation class teacher to prove that I was at CHURCH SCHOOL! See that really gets at me cuz I try to be a good kid and I get blamed for crap like that :( ....oh yea, he also wanted to check our car for a pellet gun, because apparently someone shot a few car windows up in the area where I live...

Edited by xander
I almost died in a car accident last year

My Sister hates me

I walked naked on the halls of our dorm last night.

I think the lie is that your sister hates you

"On my first driving test I wrote off the test car and put the examiner in hospital pulling out of the test centre"

"I was once arrested for dropping a brick on a police officers head from the roof of a nuclear power station"

"When I was fourteen I was trampled by sheep at feeding time and suffered three broken bones in my foot."

HMM I don't think you were really arrested for dropping a brick on a police officer.

I once threw a jelly fish at a friend who had pissed me off while we were at the beach.

Doctors have told me, repeatedly, that I am a little bit too comfortable with needles.

Everytime I get a new stick of antiperspirant/deodorant I peel off the foil seal and stick it on my wall.

I think the lie is that you stick the foil seal on your wall

OK so I guess I'll "confess" now. No one guessed correctly. The lie is "I've been hypnotized a few times", the truth is I've NEVER been hypnotized. I've never even been around someone that was. I think I'd be a tad reluctant to try it, maybe if there were ALOT of people around (whom I trusted).

"I sometimes use anti-aging cream"- Yep, sometimes. I'm a very firm believer in preventative medicene. I figure this is the only face I have so I want to keep it looking as young and firm as possible, for as long as possible. LOL it's one of my goals some day (well in 40 years or so), for someone to say "You're 60! No way!" Plus the kind I use is a great moisturizer.

"I once starred in a play" - yep sure did. It was our 8th grade class play to raise money to help pay for our trip to Washington. The play was supposed to be set in England and I was the only one who could do a convincing English accent. Heck I was the only one that didn't sound like he'd just stepped off a pierogue :boy::P .

um......what does either of those two words mean, because I couldn't find them in the online dictionary I looked them up in and Im too tired to try again :music::music::music::music::music:

Look here. No here. No here. Here we are. Nope actually right here.

--Greg.

Edited by tu-yo (Greg)