Nick and Krista got it, Krista having hit the nail on the head.

1. I almost ran a red light... almost because the friend who was in the car with me kept on yakking, which make me think about what she was talking about (her pharmacy department at work... she thought I cared that someones meds were $6,500 for a months supply and wouldn't let me not respond), which took my mind off of what I was doing, until she says "Are you going to run that red light?" I slammed the brakes and got a nice foot message from ABS and stopped a full car length after the thick white line under the light. That was exhilirating haha.

2. I did not get pulled over, but with all of the cops patrolling my area last night you would think I did. Two cops had pulled two different cars over at two different points on the highway on the northbound side (I was going southbound), then when I left said friends house to go to WaWa, a cop had been pulling out of a side street, aiming his car to go in the other direction... then he changed his mind and followed me all the way to the stop sign. He almost went to follow me on the next road but he changed his mind at the last minute and turned in the other direction. Had his blinker on to follow me and everything... Passed two more cops going home from WaWa. WTH!

3. Krista's right, I saw Primeval last night. Crappy movie, but the gore is fantastic!

Oh yay, I got one right. :)

Krista

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is difficult.. lol.

The Tin of paint and a paint brush could go together, BUT.. I'm going to say the Tin of Paint is the lie. Only because colors are difficult to choose for a person, I would think.. lol. And paint is kinda permanant for a little while.

Anyway, that's my logic.. :)

Krista

Some of the things I got for Christmas last year:

1. A ladder

2. A paintbrush

3. A tin of paint

Hmmmm... The paint and brush go together, so the ladder is the obvious lie. So, I'm guessing you are being sneaky. Hmmm, I'd say the paintbrush is the lie, as you likely already had several.

• Site Administrator
Hmmmm... The paint and brush go together, so the ladder is the obvious lie. So, I'm guessing you are being sneaky. Hmmm, I'd say the paintbrush is the lie, as you likely already had several.

Sadly, you are right that I already have several, but I got one anyway.... One that was supposed to be ergonomically designed :blink:

The Tin of paint and a paint brush could go together, BUT.. I'm going to say the Tin of Paint is the lie. Only because colors are difficult to choose for a person, I would think.. lol. And paint is kinda permanant for a little while.

You're not quite right with the logic, but you got the right answer anyway. The paint was bought a couple of days later. That was a saga in its own right....

Um... Dont have any answers to guess.. *sad-face*

Heres me.

1. I wasn't officially born untill a month and eight days after I emerged

2. I once got up at three in the morning to do coursework for later that same day but read nifty instead.

3. I once ate so much chocolate I puked, becasue I thought I was too thin.

• Site Administrator
1. I wasn't officially born untill a month and eight days after I emerged

2. I once got up at three in the morning to do coursework for later that same day but read nifty instead.

3. I once ate so much chocolate I puked, becasue I thought I was too thin.

The first one is so weird, I'll have to take it as the truth. I'm not sure how it worked, but I understand legalities and medical interventions can result in strange things happening.

Number two is very believable. I never did that, but that's because the Internet wasn't available when I was going through school/university.

I'm guessing number three is the lie.

1. True, My parents didn't get my official birth certificate done and all the legalities finished untill the 16th of november. which was about a day before the cut-off apparently.

2. True, More than once. But I always managed to get the coursework in okay.

3. False, with elements of truth. I was eating... stupid... amounts of chocolate every day (because I thought I was too thin. 145Lb ish and just over 6 feet tall), and one day I got lucky and the vending machines at school kept spitting two out at a time, so I ate them (about 7 bars in total, and half a litre of pepsi). During the 15 minute break we had. Totally Forgetting that I had PE straight after. (luckily we weren't swimming and my teacher liked me...)

Alright, Ian's always wanted to try this....

1. I've dyed my hair red before (a number of times).

2. I can walk to the house of the biggest drug dealers in the state.

3. I got someone to back down from a fist fight (he started) by wearing fake muscle things in my shirt.

Ian :huh:

• Site Administrator

3. I got someone to back down from a fist fight (he started) by wearing fake muscle things in my shirt.

I was tempted with number two as the lie, as I don't believe you can know they are the biggest in the state. They may be one of the biggest, but even then I would say you couldn't prove it (or the police would have done so already). Then I realised that the 'house' could be the prison, and then it could be quite true (I noticed the word 'dealers', rather than 'dealer', which confused me for a moment).

So, I'm going to call number three as the lie. I can believe you got someone to back down from a fist fight, but I doubt it was by wearing fake muscles. The only way that would work is if you were wearing them at time he picked the fight AND he didn't know you well enough to know you weren't that muscular.

I would have to agree with Graeme, I think that number 3 is the lie.

One is a very likely the truth, and because of Graeme's logic, 2 also sounds realistic.

Edited by Kurt
Alright, Ian's always wanted to try this....

Ian :huh:

Hmmmm........I'm gonna say number three, because it seems psychotic that someone would be dumb enough to be fooled by a fake muscle thing in someones shirt.....of course, I'm sure weirder things have happened

Ok, now I think I'll go again(It's been like a year since my last turn)

1. I just ate two triple Whoppers with cheese and a King size fry with a side order of chicken tenders and a milkshake and I feel like I'm going to die of an explosion of the belly

2. I watched Grease and now I'm infatuated with Olivia Newton John, even going so far as to pledge to find and download all of her music and only listen to it as I'm writing new chapters of my current serials.

3. I've given up Sprite and Sunkist and Rainbow Sherbert for Lent, and I plan to eat and drink drastically less of each of then even after Lent ends

• Site Administrator
Hmmmm........I'm gonna say number three, because it seems psychotic that someone would be dumb enough to be fooled by a fake muscle thing in someones shirt.....of course, I'm sure weirder things have happened

1. I just ate two triple Whoppers with cheese and a King size fry with a side order of chicken tenders and a milkshake and I feel like I'm going to die of an explosion of the belly

2. I watched Grease and now I'm infatuated with Olivia Newton John, even going so far as to pledge to find and download all of her music and only listen to it as I'm writing new chapters of my current serials.

3. I've given up Sprite and Sunkist and Rainbow Sherbert for Lent, and I plan to eat and drink drastically less of each of then even after Lent ends

1. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

2. She's Australian. Who wouldn't be infatuated with her? (Okay, I'm going to gag now. She's nice, but not that nice....) Oh, and try to find the video clip for her 'Let's Get Physical' song -- I think you'll like it ;)

3. A fair and reasonable thing for someone to do, especially after just eating two triple Whoppers with cheese, etc....

I'm guessing number two is the lie.

I think # 1 is the lie and you just made up a bunch of random foods from the menu or else added a couple.

Ok I've got to try this... lets see who can really figure this one out.

1. As a kid I was once tied naked to a telephone poll and later kidnapped.

2. Though out my live I

As for your clues, I'm guessing #2 is the lie. It's that word 'solely' that does it. I suspect you were in an active war zone at some stage, but not 'solely' for a vacation.

Heh!!!!!!!!!!!

McGyver, eh? LoL!

#2, actually, is true. Yes, I did indeed go to a war zone solely for a vacation, and yes, the Artillery did keep me awake at night.

I was talked into it by my cousin. He said he had been and it was fine, and I was going to the UK anyway, so I checked and found that package holidays in Bosnia were dirt cheap (now, I know why) So, I went. The artillery was distant and only occasional (no worse than a distant thunderstorm, though it sounds a little different) but it did keep me awake, though the biggest noise issue was the frequent chatter of AK-47's, far closer. All in all, not one of my better vacation ideas.

This was in the mid-90s ('95, I think) and I'd heard that the fighting had died down, and wasn't a factor in the area I was visiting. Oops.

So that leaves #3 or #1... 0:)

I'd say #1 is true. You may perfectly be talking about a remote-controlled model, your tale would remain coherent. #3 ends up being the lie. Or does it?

#1 is true, but it wasn't a remote-controll plane. It was a single-engine piper cherokee, and I was a student pilot on a cross-country solo. I had a major fuel leak at 10k feet, and due to the perceived risk of fire I had to pull the mixture (shuts off fuel to the engine) and kill the master electrical switch (shuts off power). I did a dead stick straight in approch to an airport I'd never been to before, but didn't quite make the runway, and touched down on graded dirt just short of it (maybe a dozen feet) at about a hundred mph. I was landing without flaps (they were electric) and downwind, so my touchdown speed was close on twice normal for that type of aircraft. I spent an hour on the ground looking into the fuel problem, got it sorted out, and took off again.

#3 is false: it was only once.

OK, I'll try again... Hmmmmm

#1, I like peanut butter and pepperoni sandwiches

#2 I like Tabasco sauce on vanilla ice cream.

#3 I like garlic on vanilla ice cream.

Well this is difficult... lol.

I'm going to say that the Garlic on Vanilla Icecream is the lie. Only because the other two are kind of spicey? lol.. I don't really know.

Krista