My turn. My lie was "My favorite food is soft shell crabs." Those things are just nasty. They sort of snap, crackle and pop when you eat them. Grosses me out.

I really did buy my car because the pedals move up and down. I'm, shall we say, short. Being able to adjust the pedals so I don't feel like I'm steering with my boobs was a major selling point.

And there is not one stick of furniture in my house that I picked. My husband has a bad habit of 'surprising' me. :( We'll decide to replace something, make plans to go look on a weekend, and bam, I'll come home from work three days later and it's "Look honey, I saw this great sofa so I went ahead and got it". He's been doing this for over twenty years. But he might not anymore. This past summer he learned that payback is a bitch. He said he needed to replace the lawnmower. Guess who got surprised that time. :D

Sharon

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look here. No here. No here. Here we are. Nope actually right here.

--Greg.

Oh I like this page.

Hellenologophobia- Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

LOL those two are kinda mean. "what are you afraid of?" ".....I can't say, the name's too scary"

Homophobia- Fear of sameness, monotony or of homosexuality or of becoming homosexual.

Hmmm I guess I know some (well-adjusted) homophobic gay people....

Ithyphallophobia- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.

boy I hope no one around here develops that!

Nomatophobia- Fear of names.

"hey Tom!" "ahhhh quit calling me that!"

Sinistrophobia- Fear of things to the left or left-handed. Did you guys know that the word sinister came to mean what it does today because there used to be a general distrust and aversion toward left-handedness.

Edited by AFriendlyFace
I once threw a jelly fish at a friend who had pissed me off while we were at the beach.

Uhh...saying you were at the beach, I'm going to assume that this alleged jelly fish was alive. Well I happen to watch my Animal Planet and know that jelly fish tenticles like burn through your skin leaving severe scars and it paralyzes the skin it touches or somethin like that. From this, I don't think you (or anyone) would have enough skill to pick one up without pissing it off, thus getting stung. Plus, the person would have had to do something pretty dang terrible for you to throw something that could scar them that bad...lol...k my point has been proven here :) .

Look here. No here. No here. Here we are. Nope actually right here.

--Greg.

Well, I would say you're 25% right...Im not scared of sex and Im not scared of men, but the thought of having sex with an old man, someone who's like 25 or older, does give me the willies (sorry grandpa, the muffin shop's closed)

i m deaf n have by poles.

i tried 2 kill me.

Dom is r cusin.

First off :hug: since at least one of those first two is true, and I'm betting you can use all the support you can get. Secondly I'm going to guess:

I tried 2 kill me

is the lie.

Take care, Dude, and have an awesome day!

Kevin

Ok I hafta get in on this action, So here's mine:

1. I was arrested for stealing markers from walmart.

2. I am extremely obsessed with Duck Brand Duct Tape.

3. I was never an extreme "goth".

i think 1. is ur lie

duck tape is cool. it will hold a duck 2 n e thing :2thumbs:

Edited by Mikie

Hey Nate :)

I think your lie is that you were arrested for stealing markers from Walmart

"On my first driving test I wrote off the test car and put the examiner in hospital pulling out of the test centre""I was once arrested for dropping a brick on a police officers head from the roof of a nuclear power station""When I was fourteen I was trampled by sheep at feeding time and suffered three broken bones in my foot."

the last ones false , not nearly out there enough for a drama queen like you

I guess I'll confess:

No, I have not ever thrown a jelly fish at anyone...intentionally. Xander, you were correct in your answer but only partially in your reasoning. I've never been stung by a jellyfish but I doubt they are that severe considering I know a lot of people who have been and have compared it being stung by a bee and, oddly enough, poison ivy. Also, only the tentacles of a jelly fish are venomous, which means you can safely pick them up by the head. Some friends and I were probaby about 1000 feet out in the Atlantic (and we could still touch bottom, wierd I know considering we were out further than a lot of anchored boats...anyway) when jelly fish started popping up around us. You could try to walk around them, but that eventually becomes difficult, so our slution was pick them up by the head and chuch them (well, place gently in my case) into a different part of the water away from us human beans. In the midst of all of this jelly fish chucking, one did land dangerously close to my friend Nichki, however I didn't throw it, and it did miss her.

As for the others:

I do in fact peel the foil off of a new stick of deodorant and stick it up on my wall. The first time I did it, eons ago, was because it was stuck to my fingers and I couldn't get it to fall into the trash, so I rubbed it up on the wall and just left it there. Since then it has sort of become a tradition for me to stick the little foil seal (and any other stickers I happen to peel off of clothing etc.) on the wall. At last count I was up to 22 doedorant foils, 7 sticky labels from pants that tell you what size they are, 3 of the same from shirts, and 1 big round sticker that I am especially proud of that came off of a tee shirt announcing that the fabric is now even softer.

And yes, I am strangely completely comfortable with needles. My family has a very strong history of high blood pressure, thyroid problems, and diabetes so I get blood drawn more frequently than most people. I insist on watching them find my vein and stick me (I've assisted several nurses who couldn't seem to get my vein) and am actually alot more uncomfortable if I can't see what is going on. I also insist on watching myself bleed into the vials/bag. The first time I donated blood the red cross worker thought I was insane because I insisted on watching the bag. (And for the record I recorded the fastest donation time of the day with out a black out, which leads me to believe that I am really lucky that I have never shed blood in a fight because apparently I am a bleeder.)

So, there you have it, I'm strange. Congrats Xander ;-)

Time to come clean!!!!

1. Yes i was arrested for taking sharpies from walmart :( Don't judge me!!!

2. You should of seen my room before I cleaned it so we can sell the house... door frame had stripped action going on red, white, black, gray, etc. and my cd case and cd player are covered along with a binder and i had a pair of pants with a large hole so i tapped it shut.... thats how i sew now!

3. ITS A LIE, I was a major "goth" when I was in 8th grade but i've toned it down.....

YAY Ronnie is the winner!

-Nate

Edited by NateB

Ok I'm game... will figure out who still needs guessed on in a few (another post)...

My contribution:

1. I like to dress in women's clothing

2. No one but me and god knows / remembers my original hair color

3. At one point in my life I weighed 185 lbs

Ok I'm game... will figure out who still needs guessed on in a few (another post)...

My contribution:

I'm guessing the lie is number 1, but that could be because both 2 and 3 were once able to be applied to ME so I just assuming they could apply to lots of people. LOL and for the record right now my hair IS it's natural colour and I weigh nearly 30 pounds less :boy::P

*waves hands frantically to get attention*

Ooooh Can I play too?

My contribution:

I choose number 3 because it seems too much like a truth to be a truth.

Here are my little bits of information for you to guess about me:-

1. I once ate a cockroach.

2. I singlehandedly painted my loungeroom and kitchen hot pink.

3. I sang back up vocals at a concert.

Bev

For bev I think her lie is "I once ate a cockroach" because that seems like a much easier one to make up a lie about

and for Lugh, well I can't really imagine any of those for you. I have an image in my head from your personality and it doesn't really fit with any of those. (don't worry, thats not a good or bad thing) but for the lie, I think I'll go with "no one but me and god knows/remembers my original hair color"

here's mine

1 I had a part in a musical once as a pothead and I still have the bong(I mean waterpipe)

2 I cried when they took the show Daria off MTV and I have her final speech memorized

3 Red is my favorite color and I used to have a pair of red coureroys that I wore to school in jr. high

I think the lie's number 2 because you seem to have good taste and hot pink is vile. :D

Moi...good taste? Oh Rob...that is the best laugh I have had for ages...I promise you that me and good taste live on opposite ends of the universe.

1 I had a part in a musical once as a pothead and I still have the bong(I mean waterpipe)

2 I cried when they took the show Daria off MTV and I have her final speech memorized

3 Red is my favorite color and I used to have a pair of red coureroys that I wore to school in jr. high

I will say that number 2 is the lie. Just like Rob, I never got into Daria but then again...I'm old.. I think you might have loved the show but I don't think you would have memorised the final speech. That thar is my bestest guess.

1. I once ate a cockroach.

2. I singlehandedly painted my loungeroom and kitchen hot pink.

3. I sang back up vocals at a concert.

Bev

I think (hope) the lie is "I once ate a cockroach" (those things freak me out!)

I think the lie is number 3,and you're thinking we're all going to assume it's true because "Red" is in your SN.