[DomLuka] With Trust ch 1

The only thing I need to wait for Ch. 2 for is to find out what the heck happens next! :blink:

This chapter just kicked me in the head. I loved, loved, love the detail! We have characters in an actual (fictional?) Place for once, Milo sounds very attractive to me and Caleb reminds me a little of Ryan when his character first appeared in TLW. And did anyone else notice that our protagonist isn

He may not be a nut job, but he's still a closet-case (except for his family). At least he knows he's gay already, so that's an improvement over Quinn.

So far, I like it. Very good introduction, it appears as though the main characters have all pretty much been introduced, their personalities and idiosyncracies have largely been laid out, very descriptive, and it looks as though it could be a very interesting story. At this early stage, I'd have to make a conjecture that Nelson and Milo will probably end up together, but I like the fact that their "relationship" starts out with Milo beating the crap out of Nelson ... good way to make a first impression! :great:

However, I still would've rather read DD 31 ... now my brain is getting sidetracked ...

But, like I said, I like it so far ... good job, Dom! :2thumbs:

Like the first chapter here Dom. It was a very action packed chapter. (you got that right Ann). If Milo is Nelson's intended there are going to be huge fireworks in later chapters. Lots of factors to overcome, what with the friends not knowing his sexuality, his one girl friend crushing on him, and Milo being the friend of Nelson's best friends enemy. Hmm... :blink:

Look forward to more of it and what happens in chapter 2 and beyond. :2thumbs:

This chapter just kicked me in the head. I loved, loved, love the detail! We have characters in an actual (fictional?) Place for once, Milo sounds very attractive to me and Caleb reminds me a little of Ryan when his character first appeared in TLW. And did anyone else notice that our protagonist isn
Edited by AFriendlyFace

now that i red it. i like it. lol my thoughts about the plot is i think assface and mr. niceass (if they're gay) might be a couple. and maybe thats why caleb dont like assface. soem thing happened between them and now caleb is trying to hide something by have alot of sex lol. as for the story in general i like it. lol. its really scenic.

I was thinking to myself when I began this story: something tragic in a car accident, something tragic in a car accident. Dunno why, but I'm hitting Vegas next week!

Hmm, can't say I've ever done anything like that, oh what I miss out on... but it's an interesting premise even though it has been done before. I'm not sure if I'm very sympathetic towards anyone but "mr. emerald eyes" right now. I don't have much respect for anyone who gets drunk & stoned and then goes out... just a bad idea. Feel free to do it at home, just don't involve others.

I'll be interested to see where this is going though.

Hopefully this doesn't mean another abandonment of DD.

//shadows

(haha, I avoided the baked pun! YES!)

I was thinking to myself when I began this story: something tragic in a car accident, something tragic in a car accident. Dunno why, but I'm hitting Vegas next week!

Hmm, can't say I've ever done anything like that, oh what I miss out on... but it's an interesting premise even though it has been done before. I'm not sure if I'm very sympathetic towards anyone but "mr. emerald eyes" right now. I don't have much respect for anyone who gets drunk & stoned and then goes out... just a bad idea. Feel free to do it at home, just don't involve others.

I'll be interested to see where this is going though.

Hopefully this doesn't mean another abandonment of DD.

//shadows

(haha, I avoided the baked pun! YES!)

I pretty much agree with you Shadows, though I'm more of the stance "everyone makes mistakes, but please please stop" But what about Jame? I'm feeling sorry for him too, though definitely sorrier for Milo since he lost all his paintings.

Dom said in his blog that he was definitely going to try to keep the new story from interfering with the current rate at which DD is being released. I was just surprised that it was a "completely new" story at all. I was expecting it to be that spin-off of TLW. And when he was talking about "painter boys" I was thinking back to Dennis' house being remodeled lol

Take care all,

Kevin

I hadnt actually read the story when I started the thread. I probably should have included a link but i was too excited and I just ran off to read it.

I loved this story. The only problem is how will Dom keep up? Will he put DD on hold or will we have to wait for it to finish to get more? This story has so much potential.

Bravo Dom :worship:

Wynter

I'm just continually surprised at where Dom gets his ideas and plot lines from ... each one is very unique, unlike so many online gay stories/novels that are just regurgitated plot lines and totally unimaginative, unrealistic scenarios ... Dom's creativity and ability to continuously come up with totally new and interesting ideas for stories is really commendable. He really does have a talent for creative writing, and this story is just another example. If I have to read one more story about two best friends who grew up together suddenly declaring their undying love for each other, sharing sweet words of committment and affection that would never possibly come out of the mouth of a high-schooler, or a beautiful blond-headed new kid who comes in to school and sweeps the lonely but sexually-curious (with low self-esteem) boy off his feet, blah blah blah, then I think I'm going to scream. I have read LOTS of gay stories over the years, and Dom is certainly one of the best, if not *the* best ... I can definitely see myself enjoying "With Trust" just as much as the other stories.

And I really, honestly don't mean this to be rude or anything, because I obviously admire Dom a lot, but DOM, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND TRY BEING A PROFESSIONAL WRITER ... YOU DEFINITELY HAVE THE TALENT!!!! And since I'll have my M.A. in literature and have worked as a professional editor for the past several years, I think I'm reasonably well-justified in having that opinion! :music:

Okay, I'll be the dissident here. I mean, this was a fascinating beginning, but I really want to read the rest of DD first. DD got interrupted for another project already, and I'm afraid With Trust is going to do the same.

Dom, don't get side-tracked, or even derailed. Please, please finish DD, and then devote your full energy to fleshing out this story.

Journeyman

I think it's the way that Nelson explained how Caleb doesn't like most guys, but likes Nelson. I really hope he doesn't turn into a homophobe. I could really see him sticking up for Nelson with some of that alpha male complex if Nelson does come our. Honestly, it's Joe I'm worried about. I know they all smoked pot but Joe was driving because he wasn't drunk, too. It seemed irresponsible for him to take his drunk friends into a neighborhood so he could show off some boobs, run from a security car because his drunk friend told him to, and then try to run down Jame.

Remember in TLW when Owen was talking about how he might have joined the football team or something? Aiden said something like "I'm glad you didn't, you may have been on the other side of that fight." Maybe what we're seeing here is someone on the other side. His friends seem like complete assholes to me, except maybe Hailey.

Edited by hi_college_guy

Ok now that Dom's got his fans hooked on a new story, he can safely end DD, when he does I mean, without losing his tempo.

IE. Its harder to gets fans to swing into a new story if you finsh one and then start another. It's much easier to start a new one just before the end of one.

By the way Love the new story. I look forward to seeing more.

:2thumbs:

Remember in TLW when Owen was talking about how he might have joined the football team or something? Aiden said something like "I'm glad you didn't, you may have been on the other side of that fight." Maybe what we're seeing here is someone on the other side. His friends seem like complete assholes to me, except maybe Hailey.

Good observation, Matt! And I agree w/ you about his friends.