[DomLuka] With Trust ch 1

Suddenly I'm wondering why the crate of paintings was out of the car and in the road... somehow I don't think you need them to change a tire.
You need them out of the trunk to get at a spare stored below the floor of the trunk.
You need them out of the trunk to get at a spare stored below the floor of the trunk.

Yeah but who the f**k is dumb enough to put them in the street... you're supposed to put the contents of the trunk behind the car or off to the side opposite the street...

Trust chapter one is excellent, I'm just miffed it's a serial and not a book, because I probably would finish it in one sitting.

The characters are all well drawn, the location vivid, and honestly I'm looking forward to chapter 2 more than the next chapter of DD... Which is not saying I don't want to read that too. Now, if it could be arranged... If not sooner!

I guess I'm becoming a Domaholic, and proud of it!

Edited by Camy

Dom,

This is really a great story......with excellent character development from the get go! Not only that but its hot, funny, the characters are very human and all have well developed personalities. Your Main Character, Nelson, is very very funny....I love that in a word or two with his nicknames of people he describes them perfectly. My favorite of his nicknames for others is "Mr. Nice-ass" for Milo...who with emerald green eyes and long eyelashes I call "Mr. Hot Ass" because he is tall and sounds hot...

I can't wait to read many many chapters of this story. It is also a fun story filled with lots of drama, fun, and what will be passion (or I hope)

I don't get how any one could or would flame you or complain that you are writing more then one story at a time....duh....don't they get that means we get more more more of great, excellent and amazing stories.

I am really sorry and horrified that anyone would do that....after all, you do this because you love to write. I don't understand someone flaming you for doing what you love to do. It baffles me.

I thank you for your amazing works. Actually, thanks don't seem adequate. However, I do hope you know whatever you write, when you want to write and are inspired to write and whenever you choose to post is fine by just about 100 per cent of those of your fellow Domaholics.

I have developed a habit of savoring your chapters in segments (when I think its coming to a good part, I create my own cliffhangers and stop reading and then come back to it..the thrill lasts longer and the rush lasts longer and then by the time I am done, you have amazed me beyond happiness and then ooh la la you have posted another chapter:)

Thanks for all you do for us:)

Rainbow Hugs and Smiles sent your way (and I say hit the delete button...geez, don't people know that sending angry emails takes time away from you writing....yeah, I know shame on me for wanting you to write and not waste your time reading such stuff.....hit the delete button Dom, do the happy dance and go back to doing what you love:)

Michael

P.S. and I have to agree with Ann...poor Milo! I felt crushed when his paintings were well crushed!!

Edited by Rocketcnj

I think the writing is excellent-but I have no real feelings towards any of the characters. No loyalty at all to Nelson, no anger at Joe, no amusement at Caleb, no interest in Haily. I dunno, it just seems the friendship group is very artifical; i'm not sure you could find anything like it in the 'real world'-but I could be wrong.

I'll keep reading, but compared to your previous stories, it isn't off to the best start. That said, many things don't and turn out excellently.

The writing is good, the storylines might develope to be good...but the characters i'm not sure about. I thought it'd be better to be straight up now rather then chapter 10 when the characters are firmly in place.

I think the writing is excellent-but I have no real feelings towards any of the characters. No loyalty at all to Nelson, no anger at Joe, no amusement at Caleb, no interest in Haily. I dunno, it just seems the friendship group is very artifical; i'm not sure you could find anything like it in the 'real world'-but I could be wrong.

I think you see it in high school all the time. People who have known eachother since kindergarden and have been friends. They've grown into completely different people with no common interests. They never really stop to evaluate what makes them friends. I could totally see someone realizing that their friends are jerks in highschool.

I think you see it in high school all the time. People who have known eachother since kindergarden and have been friends. They've grown into completely different people with no common interests. They never really stop to evaluate what makes them friends. I could totally see someone realizing that their friends are jerks in highschool.

OMG. How true is that. I

I only graduated last year, but I'm finding myself connecting with people I haven't talked to since sophomore year, and dropping people who turned out to be bigots (womanizers, drunkards, etc.) like yesterdays trash. Then there are my regular friends since middle school who call me or come over and say "We're going to this place, you're coming," no if's, and's or but's. But I don't remember anyone from kindergarten since I moved from Florida to New Jersey when I was nine...

I agree, Matt! I had a very diverse friendship group in High School. If we'd all met then, in some seperate environment, I doubt we'd have been friends. However, the way things progressed naturally overtime led to a very good friendship.

In fact I feel quite the opposite to Hugh's opinion. This story more than the other three is much more reminiscent of my own high school days. In fact several times while reading it, it kept reminding me of things from high school.

I held off as long as I could, but today I broke down and read WT. :(

sigh...once again I'm hooked. :great:

I hadn't read this thread until I finished reading the story and like Ann, I thought 'Hey, we know the name of the town!'. This one has my curiosity peaked and I can't wait to see what happens. There was quite a bit of detail in this story, so I may have to go back and re-read.

I know some of you are worried about how this will effect DD, but fear not! I remember when Dom was first writing TLW and released TSOJ. I actually think I emailed Dom with my 'worry' that TSOJ was signaling the end of TLW. Boy was I wrong.

As you have all discovered, not only was Dom able to continue TLW, but he introduced DD & TOU at the same time. As Ann pointed out, he hiatused DD because he didn't have the creative energy for it.

Take Care®,

P.S. - MNITE! :2thumbs::2thumbs: (sorry, j/k, I don't want to start that with this story too).

After Chapter 1, all I can say is, Nels needs to get himself some new friends.

Definitely.

This is sort of inverted from the social structure of earlier stories, isn't it? Instead of having a dangerously dysfunctional family (well, mom being dead counts as dysfunctional) and supportive friendship network, this kid has an apparently supportive, well-integrated family and dangerously wacky friends.

This is interesting. I think these stories are, all of them, less about first love than about family and community -- what they are, how they act, and how they develop. And that, I think, is what makes them so good.

• 2 months later...
Can't wait to find out what Milo's last name is :D .

Now you know, and now you know that it was right in front of you all along.

After Chapter 1, all I can say is, Nels needs to get himself some new friends.

After DD and TOU, it's refreshing to have a story where the protagonist is not the most annoying character (though Quinn's mom did give him some competition).

I just started the story in the wee hours of this morning, under the illusion that I could read a chapter or two and go to bed and read the rest today. Naturally I read all 11 chapters.

I will take my time reading through these old threads and maybe throwing in a comment or two. I'll try to remember that the earlier messages were written before people had read any future chapters.