Trash TV

Zombie

I'm a sucker for trash TV :P Luckily in Britain we've got plenty - and we export it all around the world :lol: - including shows like Who Wants to be a Millionnaire. Since it started in 1998 five people have won the £1m prize ($1.6m) but no-one's won the jackpot since 2006. It's just been scrapped because people are no longer willing to take risks so there's no point carrying on :(

Splash!
This is the gayest TV show in Britain at the moment :P Its trashy format means we get to see plenty of Tom Daley in skimpy speedos, then more Tom in skimpy speedos and dripping wet...

tom-daley-vernon-kay-gabby-logan-363545.

... and contestants like Dan Osborne...

article-2545354-1ACB462A00000578-461_306

article-2545354-1ACB439500000578-148_306

article-0-1A98105E00000578-178_634x729.j

The premise is rookie celebs being taught by Tom to dive from boards up to 10m. The format's like any other elimination show, and the bottom pair then compete in a "Splash Off" - I am not making this up! :lol:

Next update - The Musketeers :)

• Like 3

You guys are so lucky because the americanized version of Splash sucks. It's full of D-list celebrities, none of which would be nice in a speedo. Even if they did have a bunch of hotties on the show, US TV wouldn't allow them in speedos anyways or they'd be too scared to wear them.

I've have, however, been finding lots of great pics of Dan Osborne since I found out about the show. He's quite the exhibitionist. :D

• Like 1

We don't have anything that is homo-erotic right now as UK Splash :( on TV as a Trash show.

Not to say there's no trash TV, American Cooking competitions are still a staple in Trash TV, I am still rooting for Jeff on "The Taste", crying for Travis and Bene from "Top Chef", and shunning "Chopped" for its lack of gay representation :P

I also get sentimental whenever I watch Undercover Boss, because it is such a feel good show that your job matters despite the facts of life :)

I got an idea for a good US trashy TV show too: with the amount of excess wrestlers out there and no Olympic Prize for them anymore, why can't they do a TV reality show based on wrestlers competing against each other in elimination match ups. They can be oiled up and in extra tight singlets :D:o

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1

I resent the implication that The Musketeers is trash TV! That's top class historical drama, right there, even if there is an over abundance of hot guys and leather...

oops, didn't realise it was being shown in other countries yet !

I'm a sucker for trash TV :P Luckily in Britain we've got plenty - and we export it all around the world :lol: - including shows like Who Wants to be a Millionnaire. Since it started in 1998 five people have won the £1m prize ($1.6m) but no-one's won the jackpot since 2006. It's just been scrapped because people are no longer willing to take risks so there's no point carrying on :(

Splash!

This is the gayest TV show in Britain at the moment :P Its trashy format means we get to see plenty of Tom Daley in skimpy speedos, then more Tom in skimpy speedos and dripping wet...

... and contestants like Dan Osborne.

The premise is rookie celebs being taught by Tom to dive from boards up to 10m. The format's like any other elimination show, and the bottom pair then compete in a "Splash Off" - I am not making this up! :lol:

Next update - The Musketeers :)

Holy smoke, Batman !! :P:lol: :*) Nice skimpy speedos he was almost wearing :funny: 

• Like 1

Not to say there's no trash TV, American Cooking competitions are still a staple in Trash TV, I am still rooting for Jeff on "The Taste", crying for Travis and Bene from "Top Chef", and shunning "Chopped" for its lack of gay representation :P

but....isn't Ted Allen openly gay?...and the host of chopped?

I think having a gay host should be enough representation :P

Hugs,

Tom

• Like 1

I got an idea for a good US trashy TV show too: with the amount of excess wrestlers out there and no Olympic Prize for them anymore, why can't they do a TV reality show based on wrestlers competing against each other in elimination match ups. They can be oiled up and in extra tight singlets :D:o

Or less than that... :whistle:

but....isn't Ted Allen openly gay?...and the host of chopped?

Yes, Ted Allen is openly gay. He was the food guy on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

but....isn't Ted Allen openly gay?...and the host of chopped? I think having a gay host should be enough representation :P Hugs,  Tom

He is a judge, not competitor i can cheer on. Not the same :(

I was going to post some disgracefully gratuitous pics of Dan Osborne flexing his fabulous water droplet covered muscular torso. But that would be wrong. So here's his back :P

osborne1-e1390127250531.jpg

But to be serious, I know many of you are eager to know the outcome of Saturday's Splash! Final splash-off. Sadly, despite having made a heroic effort to squeeze into his size zero spangly speedos, Dan didn't win the "splash-off" :(

uktv-splash-final-1.jpg

It was won by someone else...

But that didn't stop presenter Vernon Kay having a good grope of a dripping wet Dan...

article-2541845-1AC684AC00000578-148_634

Now in case some of you are wondering if I'm a bit obsessed with Dan, no, not at all. Just to prove I'm not here's another pic of Dan

article-0-1B870F7700000578-660_634x354.j

The truth is it was Vernon who was obsessed - here he is again having another grope

osborne3.jpg

and here's Dan having some fun with Tom after they've just got out of the pool all dripping wet...

uktv-splash-final-5.jpg

• Like 1

mmmm an article says "Dan Osborne Gets Naked For “Attitude” Magazine, Likes His “Bum” Pinched"

anyone going to test that theory out and prove trash tv works??

whats the IOC going say to Tom in 2016 or 2020? 

I was going to post some disgracefully gratuitous pics of Dan Osborne flexing his fabulous water droplet covered muscular torso. But that would be wrong. So here's his back :P

The Musketeers

Yes, yes it's that tired old TV cliché of sex sandals and swordfights. OK no sandals, just another re-telling of Alexandre Dumas' famous story. With sex and swords :P (and yes there IS a scene where busty maiden breathes huskily "let me know if you want your sword polishing..." :lol:) Oh, and lots of leather. I mean LOTS! This is quality trash :P with good actors and nice eye candy plus good locations and high production values... but who cares when you're watching the unnecessarily sexy Luca Giuseppe "Luke" Pasqualino (how did Italians get all the "hot" genes?) as D'Artagnan...

Luke-4888570-high_res-the-musketeers.jpg

Luke Pasqualino

Luke Pasqualino

Luke Pasqualino

*click on small pics to make 'em bigger*

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 2

I still highly disagree that The Musketeers is trash TV, and I mostly watch it for Peter Capaldi's amazing performance as the cardinal, but I will admit that there's some serious eye candy on that show. :P

Edited by Thorn Wilde

I believe they represent a lot of gay people on chopped, I've watched plenty. Even one episode had a female to male transitioning transgender (I hope I'm saying that right, don't kill me if I didn't) so. Then I've seen plenty of lesbians on that show as well. Just because most don't come directly out and say one way or another. It's a cooking show for gods sakes not a who's homo and who isn't.. :P To not watch television based on what social, gender, race/ethnicity represented and what isn't.. is pretty lame.