OK so I have a question:

What is "Service: Vampire Jarred 2"? Is it written by Dom or Dan? I've never gotten around to reading it for two reasons. One, I didn't read "Vampire Jarred 1" and didn't want to go out of order. and two, I saw that it hadn't been updated in awhile and I'm reluctant to start things that aren't complete (of course around here the only stories I've read that were complete when I read them were The Log Way and Do Over), yet alone updated often. So anyway, what is it?

It's a collaborative story between Dom and dkstories, they each take turns writing chapters. From what I read in Dom's blog, Dan just finished the latest chapter (I have no idea when it'll be posted), and I think it's Dom's turn next. I haven't read it either, though ... I'm not really into the vampire, sci-fi, fan fiction, etc. genres ... but for those who like those kinds of stories, I'm sure it's very good.

The short version is that Service: Vampire Jarred 2 is the sequel to Vampire Jarred following the events of the final chapters. It is about Jarred trying to claim revenge on those who betrayed him and put him in that position. It involves graphic violence of vampiric nature (drinking blood, taking in human livestock, etc.) and very graphic sex between males. The sex in Jarred 2 is both consentual and non-consentual, in the sense that it could otherwise be called rape. The scene in the most recent chapter very exciting (don't recall if there is anything demonic about it except for the main plot being fused with it).

Basically, if you like to read action, lots and lots of anal and oral gay sex, and violent science fiction (aren't at all squeamish nor easily offended), then I would recommend that you read the first Vampire Jarred and then the second. I read the second first, then the first, but it was good all the same (you won't be confused if you read the first story before the second).

PS - if you find guys in baseball uniforms sexy, both stories (VJ and VJ2:S) have some great mental... um... imagery... :2thumbs:

well that got me interested right away and now im halfway through the first one and i just have to say this is a deliciously twisted story. im not usually into sci-fi type stuff but this is awesome! i cant stop and it just helps pass the time so much faster until dd34 comes out :2thumbs:

• Site Moderator

There are some interesting sci/fi/fan stories out there that I've read. The Boys of Lady Lex (Nifty), Angel (Nifty & Awesomedude), and The Scrolls of Icaria, Book 1 (Awesomedude). Of these three, TSOI is my favorite.

There are some interesting sci/fi/fan stories out there that I've read. The Boys of Lady Lex (Nifty), Angel (Nifty & Awesomedude), and The Scrolls of Icaria, Book 1 (Awesomedude). Of these three, TSOI is my favorite.

I never finished Lady Lex. It has some very interesting plots running through it (yes, several plots threading through the main story), but stopped a little after the invasion of the Orion and getting caught and such, maybe somewhat after that, I know the one kid incinerated his swords... can't remember if I finished the initial competition, though, or started the main competition, for that matter.

i've read angel, that was a good one. I think the next one i'm gonna try to get into is TSOI--for me it's all about the first chapter--same with books in print. if the first chapter doesn't grab my attention, it wont stand a chance. although there are some flaws to that logic,(believe it or not, the first chapter of TOU i had to read twice before i decided to open chapter 2(of course this was long before the domaholism was evident, or obviously there wouldn't have been a problem)) that is how i go about finding new crap to read.

also i try not to start a story still in progress unless of course it has at least 10 chapters already written(unless it's a sequel to another story) and is updated at least once a year. the only exception to that rule i've made lately is with Laika by Elecivil?(i think i spelled it right)--it's very good, but so far only 5 chapters in and i find i have to start from the beginning each time a new chapter comes out, because i have so many storylines and characters running through my mind that it's hell to try and keep them organized. main character names stick with me for the most part, but its the friends of all of them that have the same names in different story's with such contrasting personalities and attitudes.

so TSOI is next on my list after i get done with DO and DOR(im on ch.32 of DO right now)

wow i used a double parentheses in my first paragraph--i need to stop ranting now and thank you for your support

• Site Moderator

I think the first chapter will grab your attention. If you haven't looked at the Chapter list, There or 50 chapters done in 4 parts. Eachs section has an Interlude with 4 parts. The interludes tie into each other and eventually, the end of book 1.

Jamie and I have had a few discussions regarding a few chapters.

Time to start your watching...I have submitted the next chapter of Service, written by Dom Luka, for Myr to post whenever he returns from wherever he is at the moment.

I'm sure y'all will enjoy. It took me forever to get this chapter ready for posting. I had to keep taking breaks from working on it one-handed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've never been interested in this particular genre of gay fiction, but since I've run out of other stories to read (yes, I'm fanatica about reading everything :D ), and needing a break from working on my own story, I broke down and started reading "Vampire Jarred 1" ... and I have to say I'm quite hooked ... never thought I would be.

The only thing about it that has scared me though is not the vampires or grisly scenes, but the fact that I actually find the whole thing quite ... ummm ... exciting ... I don't know if I should be embarrassed by that or not .... *yikes*

Anyway, I'm up to Ch. 12 of the first series right now.

Good work, Dan ... and I'm sure I'll enjoy Dom's chapters, too, once I get to the second part!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've never been interested in this particular genre of gay fiction, but since I've run out of other stories to read (yes, I'm fanatica about reading everything :D ), and needing a break from working on my own story, I broke down and started reading "Vampire Jarred 1" ... and I have to say I'm quite hooked ... never thought I would be.

The only thing about it that has scared me though is not the vampires or grisly scenes, but the fact that I actually find the whole thing quite ... ummm ... exciting ... I don't know if I should be embarrassed by that or not .... *yikes*

I didn't think I'd like VJ 1 or 2 either, as that is not my area, either. But, I, like you, got hooked on it.

Dan is one heck of a writer. I'd strongly suggest to anyone reading this who has not done so, give his stories a try. They are all very different, so if you don't like one, don't skip the rest.

• Site Moderator

I've read part 1 myself and I must say I enjoyed it very much.

As for part 2, I've read everything to date and I don't like it nearly as well as the first one.

Ah... but that wouldn't be so enjoyable if there wasn't a little tinge of guiltiness. =^^=

I'm definitely a perv. X_x

As for part 2, I've read everything to date and I don't like it nearly as well as the first one.

So far I favor the first, too. But, I think that's because I got really attached to Jarred. (As much as a person can get attached to Jarred :blink: ) I keep waiting to see more of him in the second story. I like andy and jimmy, but so far I'm not feeling a lot of Jarred's hate towards Troy... so I'm waiting.

Anyway, I'm up to Ch. 12 of the first series right now.

Good work, Dan ... and I'm sure I'll enjoy Dom's chapters, too, once I get to the second part!

Welcome Dave!!

I never thought i'd like it either, but yeah, I also ran out of stuff I was already started on, and decided that I wanted to read VJ2. But I'm the sort of person who likes to read things from the beginning, so I jumped on over to Dan's site, and read Vampire Jarred first.

As for finding it exciting, Dan definitely has managed to change my perspective on death and murder. I definitely went through the guilt stage of being "excited" at the atrocities I was reading, but when something grabs your attention like that and you can't stop reading, You just gotta get over it. You would stop if it offended you too much, and feeling guilty and offended while excited is a delightful experience I have found.

I agree about VJ2 starting a little slowly, but you have to remember taht vampires live hundreds of years, and it's only been 2 years since everything happened. It is turning into one heck of a build-up IMO, and the big picture is looking like it's gonna be a war zone with bodies hanging out of windows, and guts and blood splattered on the walls. I can't wait!!

Dave, Since your vampire cherry has been popped, Dan requests a picture of you in a baseball uniform, Pronto!

And lastly, dont forget about the forum on Dan's site, and after you finish with Jarred, Do Over and Do Over Redux are calling your name, as well as Dawn of Tears.

Edited by Tim the Slut

Welcome Dave!!

Dave, Since your vampire cherry has been popped, Dan requests a picture of you in a baseball uniform, Pronto!

Christ don't even think of it Dave. No way would I put on a baseball uniform anywhere near young Kirk.

Gearoid :lmao:

I'd rather Dom just post a new chapter of story...but damnit he's waiting on me again! He does this on purpose, you know!

It's all Dom's fault! (okay, I just want to blame anyone but me for the hell I put characters through)

Oh, and Dave, don't listen to them. Putting on a baseball uniform around me is perfectly safe. Unless I'm breathing and have a pulse...then again, if I'm not breathing, have no pulse, and am still able to move, then you're in even bigger trouble.

Dan is one heck of a writer. I'd strongly suggest to anyone reading this who has not done so, give his stories a try. They are all very different, so if you don't like one, don't skip the rest.

The second sentence quoted has to be the nicest compliment I've ever gotten on my writing, btw. I always worry that too many of my stories are too similar, that I don't do enough to make my characters different in each story, and to see that at least one person thinks I'm able to be different in my stories, that's a compliment (yes, I know there are similarities between my characters, there are bound to be simply because I'm the same writer, but I try to limit them and make my characters each a little distinct, including 'speech' patterns.

The second sentence quoted has to be the nicest compliment I've ever gotten on my writing, btw. I always worry that too many of my stories are too similar, that I don't do enough to make my characters different in each story, and to see that at least one person thinks I'm able to be different in my stories, that's a compliment (yes, I know there are similarities between my characters, there are bound to be simply because I'm the same writer, but I try to limit them and make my characters each a little distinct, including 'speech' patterns.

Errr, excuse me, but one thing your stories are not is similar! Even your sequels have big differences from the original.

I certainly don't think, for example, that DO and VJ are in any way similar. There also seem to be more than a few differences between Jarrod and Davey. :great:

I also love the way you develop and portray secondary characters. For example, Trevor in DO and DOR. He's very well written! :read::boy::2thumbs:

However, there is one glaring pitfall that, in my not-so-humble opinion, you are about to fall into: Making a sequel far, far too similar to the original in one major way! I am speaking of DO and DOR: it would be truly repetitive, similar, unimaginative, (and bad for your cholesterol levels) to make them both have the same number of chapters! Sequels, after all, should always be longer... Far longer. 0:)

I completely loved D.O., Dan! It was awesome! Since DOR is a sequal, and I tend to "bite at the chomp" more for those, I've held off reading it until it's done, but I expect to love it too :D

That said, I'm actually kinda scared to read VJ. I lost my horror-movie sensibilities sometime in my mid-teens. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable reading about people getting hurt...especially sexually :o . I dunno, you folks that have read it, and have a general idea about me. Do you think I'd enjoy it?

Edited by AFriendlyFace
I completely loved D.O., Dan! It was awesome! Since DOR is a sequal, and I tend to "bite at the chomp" more for those, I've held off reading it until it's done, but I expect to love it too :D

That said, I'm actually kinda scared to read VJ. I lost my horror-movie sensibilities sometime in my mid-teens. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable reading about people getting hurt...especially sexually :o . I dunno, you folks that have read it, and have a general idea about me. Do you think I'd enjoy it?

Be afraid, be very afraid.. :devil:

Seriously, I thought I'd dislike it. I was astounded to find I loved it.

Really, there is only one way to know: read a few chapters and see. Personally, I'd strongly advise doing so, because if you like it, it's great. If you don't, what have you lost?

I have a very sick and twisted mind, so my opinion shouldn't matter.

Just know that there is a LOT of promiscuous gay sex, a LOT of hot guys, and a LOT of blood.

I have neither read DO nor DOR (Do Over, and Do Over Redux, I presume?) but something is making me think I should. VJ and SVJ2 are the only stories by dkstories that I have read... I haven't really travelled far beyond Dom's stories on here... no energy to :P