Good News Thread

Graeme

Wildlife Park celebrates the birth of its first ever Triplet Asiatic lion cubs

Maybe not really "good news" but the pictures are gorgeous and after seeing all the "bad news" headlines, this made me smile. :)

It's good news Reader :hug: Asiatic Lions are extremely rare, so to see three newborn cubs is really amazing! :D

• Like 1

Sportsmanship is alive and well...

Rare Pierre de Coubertin medal awarded only 17 times

Something tells me, they'll end up as life-long friends. :) 

That is one of the sweetest stories I've heard. :heart: it really made my day to see human compassion in full force.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

Quadriplegic cattle farmer proves it's about brains as much as brawn

With the help of his carer and Sarah, Rob can be strapped into a four wheeler so he can go mustering.

He can keep a close eye on the cattle and work alongside his young sons, who think mustering on ponies is a lot better than school.

• Like 3

• Site Administrator

so this is where we come when we need to have a wonderful cry. Thanks guys.

Bad news is easy to find. I started this thread as a place for people to put good news stories :) All too often, they're needed more than the regular news stories.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

'Pay it forward' movement lifts spirits in struggling Queensland town

This one is a story about a group of guys who have decided it's their job to make people happy. The opening picture in the article shows them giving out free roses on Valentine's Day. :wub:

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

'Pay it forward' movement lifts spirits in struggling Queensland town

This one is a story about a group of guys who have decided it's their job to make people happy. The opening picture in the article shows them giving out free roses on Valentine's Day. :wub:

Years ago I took my car in for an oil change and was having a rough day.  It must have showed because the guy who cashed me out handed me a fake rose and said something along the lines of he hoped I had a better day.  It really made my day.  :) 

• Like 3

• Site Administrator

Years ago I took my car in for an oil change and was having a rough day.  It must have showed because the guy who cashed me out handed me a fake rose and said something along the lines of he hoped I had a better day.  It really made my day.   :)

That's what this thread is all about :)

• Like 3

• Site Administrator

As a speech-language pathologist, this story is very heartening to me.  Part of my job is to acquire these 'talkers' for individuals who can't speak.  While synthesized speech has come a long way, it's still clearly different from natural speech.  What a lovely thing that her family had done and it's nice she has such a great sister.  :)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/abefg/this-little-girl-fought-to-give-her-sister-with-cerebral-pal?utm_term=.vbBNXM9QZJ#.tbGKM2PJO5

• Like 2

Wilshire Grand Tower is Now the Tallest U.S. Skyscraper West of the Mississippi

Pretty cool. Los Angeles seems to be having a push towards building skyscrapers right now. Also of note is that it's the first skyscraper to be built in Los Angeles with a curved roof, after a 1974 law requiring all roofs on skyscrapers to be flat in order to have helicopters land on top was redacted.

• Like 2