I think Priest will go back and apologize. Even Costa has noticed that only one thing seems to make him feel bad: fighting with Arbor! At least I think that's what the sentence meant.

OMG I just had a horrible thought... what if they wind up hiding the Calm in the sock monkey...   :blink:  Now that WOULD be unforgivable... Edit: good night.

Edited by Irritable1

OMG I just had a horrible thought... what if they wind up hiding the Calm in the sock monkey...   :blink:  Now that WOULD be unforgivable...

Now you're being silly, Irri. :lol:  Since no one seems to know where Mr. Wriggles is at any given point in time, except the person who has him, how would Costa get hold of an new container of Calm when he needed it?

Sleep well.

Guess what..... I have such a shit eating grin on my face right now.... I love it when I'm correct about something or someone. I promise not to rub it in anyone's face in the forum.

Yeah right!

Rub all you like, Carlos, you're not changing my mind about Priest.

• Like 2

Yes! Yes! Yes! And Fucking yes!

I have been the only one supporting Priest from the start and I am finally proved correct.

And Tim, if he had not taken. Mr. Wiggles, I would have. Ask me sometime about how four fraternity brothers stole an inflatable Gumby from one of our National Officers and then shipped him from chapter to chapter all over the US and had photos and ransom demands mailed back to the National Headquarter. He was finally returned a year later at the National Convention. Wish Facebook had been around back then! And yes I was one of the four.

Not ready to write Arbor off completely yet, Mann has a way of having his characters redeem themselves, but I liking the little twerp less and less. Priest was so right going off on him. The asshole claims he's discriminated against because of his size yet he does the same thing. Every time I've met a racist gay white man I've wanted to beat them into a pulp.

And as far as Angus, whatever floats his boat is fine with me. Waiting is fine for him but not for me. Who the fuck am I to judge him. Personally a little group of friends naked together is perfect for me, but I know Headstall is not into group sex. Fine with me, I just won't invite him to the poker games but that does not mean I think he's a freak.

Ranting and bragging done for now!

Edited by Carlos H
  • Like 2

Let me share a small collection of why I think Priest is an immature, inconsiderate but perhaps not incorrigible idiot:

Priest made a mental note to return the dampener control back to its previous setting once they landed. He only used that trick every few times to keep others from getting suspicious. The other men were just as skilled. No need to give away his trade secrets if it meant he kept his position as head pilot.

Ironically, Priest himself got caught trying to use them in a game of poker on board, but no one on Alpha Centauri knew about it. This little deck of cards had a special use on this trip. --- Staying in the back room with the grumpy owner who he just fleeced a lot of money from might not have been wise.

Priest shifted back as the couple began to argue, merging into the crowd of patrons. That was a lot easier than he expected. Working his way over to the other side of the establishment, he snickered as he took a sip of the man's clear drink on the rocks in the short glass. Collecting a free drink was rarely so entertaining.

“Tell you what, Costa. We're both on borrowed time here, so let's just skip forward and find a place to smash your back doors in.”

“You picked me up like a toddler to see over the counter.” Arbor couldn't control the dark scowl as he enunciated each syllable.
Priest winced. “Okay, when you say it like that, it makes a lot more sense. Tell you what, let me make it up to you.”

Arbor's gaze shifted away. “Because I know you don't really want me. You said yourself you weren't planning on fucking the midget. I just want it to be good in case I don't get another chance like this again.”
As soon as the words were uttered, Priest wished he could take back the comment. Once again, he'd spoken first and hurt someone and felt like a total fuck-up. How many more times could that happen before he learned?

Priest's whole body began to slump as his voice grew repentant. “I want to say I'm sorry. I never thought he'd get this mad over it. It was supposed to be funny.”
Balling up his fist, Mac laid one solid punch to Priest's shoulder. “Ow! What was that for?”
“For being a stupid asshole. Arbor's had people making fun of him his whole life. How did you expect him to react?”

To counter that we have Captain Danverse saying:

Priest is a good guy but needs direction. He has a mischievous streak that turns him into a scam artist if he's not reined in. Priest loves being on the Santa Claus, but like everyone else, he has to play by our rules for the safety of everyone on board. He needs the reminder from time to time.
and later: Priest is a good man, but he's got great expectations of what he wants. --- Eventually, Priest'll find something that will let him be himself and leave him with something good.

• Like 2

People, can't we just say, "He's a complex character," and all get along?  :rolleyes:  I wouldn't want him stealing my money in a card game, but I also wouldn't mind crying on his shoulder as needed. I really have to compliment Mann that both sides of Priest are so believable.

Edit: Am I the only one hoping for a resolution via three-way between Priest, Arbor, & Costa? Or wondering whether poor James and Barrus ever got over Erron?

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

So what were the faults you were talking about Tim? All you listed are endearing qualities of a first class rascal. I would love to hit the town with that guy, if we per chance ended up spending the night in jail after a fight, so what? It would just add to the flavor of the story to be retold for years to come.

I'm still jealous of my little brother, the one time I had to bail him out his mugshot was of him wearing a tux and smiling! Now he's 43, married, two kids, a millionaire and boring! And our mom hates it every time we talk about that incident,which just makes us bring it up every time we are all together over Christmas.  :D

I can't believe what we aren't talking about! " Just ignore it Costa, and go see who's at the bloody door"---he needed more than usual to stave off the headaches. What had he done to himself.---I won't go so far as to say it's another headache. It's more like the same one that never seems to end.---His head was too full. How far could he go before it exploded.---cold and lack of oxygen would take over and this would be their tomb.The thought of " others" dying filled him with despair. No. he'd come too far. He couldn't fail now.---The terrified sob wrenched out of him. He couldn't save them.

Ok...Is Mann playing us or does this not sound like Poll is in Costa's head. Sure...he could be talking to himself about getting the door,but it was written as a voice, not a thought...what HAD he done to himself to give himself a headache that NEVER went away...why was his head too full...stimuli or Poll? There was only him and Priest in the room so why was it OTHERS dying?...come too far...fail? ...couldn't save THEM?

These sound like clues to me that point to Costa's head carrying an extra passenger he is trying to save. What say you  ? Cheers...Gary

Edit: Thanks Irri..I forgot..." My skills are much stronger these days"...and re Calm...doesn't last.."as long as it used to"

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 3

Irri, are you nuts? Tim and I arguing about Priest helps Mann sit back and feel as if he was Arbour!

And I'm all for the 3 way, that'd be waaaaay hot. But you know Gary will vote against it.

As Kitt mentioned to me the other day, these conversations are more than just about the stories. They give you a chance to peek into people's personalities. 

• Like 3

Ok...Is Mann playing us or does this not sound like Poll is in Costa's head

I'm 100% convinced at this point. Also the increase in powers!

And I'm all for the 3 way, that'd be waaaaay hot. 

A three way relationship. I'm a chick, remember.

• Like 1

And I'm all for the 3 way, that'd be waaaaay hot. But you know Gary will vote against it.

As Kitt mentioned to me the other day, these conversations are more than just about the stories. They give you a chance to peek into people's personalities. 

For your information...I would only be against a three way if two of the people loved each other. If it is three guys having casual sex...no problem...in my experience adding a third to a relationship is sad and bad and never ends well...

• Like 2

I know 2 guys that after 10 years together added a third. The 3 of them have now been together over 15 years. I spent a weekend with them cruising around on their 70  foot yacht and let me tell you they were real good together. The oldest one is my age, not sure how he keeps up with the 39 or so year old. Maybe that is why they invited me that weekend, as a pinch hitter  :rofl:

My stories are the opposite unfortunately...and one couple were my best friends...it destroyed them as a couple and as people...all three are apart and the original two can't forgive each other and both are miserable. Another couple got rid of the third, moved out separately, went to counseling for over a year but it didn't work...too much had changed. One is now with someone else and the other is alone and bitter. Even without their examples, I could never share the person I loved, nor could I cheat on someone I loved....different strokes...Cheers...Gary

I have horror stories also. But I brought up Gary and Scott just as an example of never say never. 

A young friend, 24, became involved with two older men as the third. It was a 'monogamous' relationship between the three so after testing condoms were not used. The older two played around behind his back and he is now HIV+

He has always refused to give me names or any identifying facts, he's scared I may go kill the two fuckers.

Jon is a trusting soul that got used and now he has to deal with it for the rest of his life.

It's the Santa Claus, guys. It could work... And on that note I'm off to a baby dedication. Carlos, maybe you're rubbing Tim incorrectly? Try a different technique. At least he can stop calling that damn sock monkey Mr. WRiggles. Wiggles, Timmy, WIGGLES!

Edited by Irritable1

I have horror stories also. But I brought up Gary and Scott just as an example of never say never. 

A young friend, 24, became involved with two older men as the third. It was a 'monogamous' relationship between the three so after testing condoms were not used. The older two played around behind his back and he is now HIV+

He has always refused to give me names or any identifying facts, he's scared I may go kill the two fuckers.

Jon is a trusting soul that got used and now he has to deal with it for the rest of his life.

That is so sad...trust is such a big issue in our world...if you don't trust, it colors things and if you do trust, you open yourself up for a world of hurt...It is similar in the straight world but not at all to the same extent...IMHO

• Like 1

It's the Santa Claus, guys. It could work... And on that note I'm off to a baby dedication. Carlos, maybe you're rubbing Tim incorrectly? Try a different technique. At least he can stop calling that damn sock monkey Mr. WRiggles. Wiggles, Timmy, WIGGLES!

Irri, There's no rubbing the wrong way. Tim and I have different perspectives on certain behaviors and I'm fine with that.

I hate when people stop taking because they disagree on something. Yeah I'll push my opinion loudly and hopefully somewhat intelligently, but if I can't convince the person I'm fine with that also.

I spent way too many hours debating members of the Christian Coalition at one point in my life so I'm used to my comments being ineffective, at least I'm not being called the names I was called back then in here. My ability to remain calm and logical on radio, TV and in front of a group was probably the main reason I was used as my group's spokesperson so often.

• Like 2

Lol Irri...You are right, it is the Santa Claus, where fun can be had by all but where true love and commitment also exists. That is what I love about this ship...people don't just take their personal journeys on this ship...they arrive at their destinations. As far as the threeway though, I don't think that would be a good idea for Arbor...I can see Priest and Costa handling it but not Arbor...he is too jealous and with his issues it is not what he needs...I think he needs a guy like...oh, lets say...um..Angus...someone who would give him the love and commitment and security he needs...someone of his very own...plus, for some reason, I find shy Angus adorable already :hug::heart:

• Like 1

Irri, Please don't tell Carlos to stop arguing with me, we're having such fun. :D

I'm actually not as opposite to his views as it seems, and I can certainly agree with a lot of them.

But I'm as stubborn as a mule, and since Priest himself says he wished he didn't keep hurting Arbor with his thoughtless behavior, I don't feel too bad that I'm still :pissed: about his stupid ways. And dishonesty is a big no-no to me too.

• Like 1