I was just making a dirty joke about rubbing, guys... "Different technique," geddit? :P

I know and you had me chuckling :P  - I was so glad someone took up the challenge of my first post. LOL

but since Carlos chose the tactic of (pretending to) taking it seriously, I went along.

• Like 2

but since Carlos chose the tactic of (pretending to) taking it seriously, I went along.

Sigh. I got out of an evangelical church service to find you guys talking earnestly about the importance of disagreement in social discourse. It was... weird. 

And Angus is a dweeb, Gary, I'm sorry. Who DOES that? For heaven's sake, he had plenty of time to say no. When someone starts pulling down your zipper, that's a pretty good hint your chastity is in danger, so excuse yourself then... 

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

And Angus is a dweeb, Gary, I'm sorry. Who DOES that? For heaven's sake, he had plenty of time to say no. When someone starts pulling down your zipper, that's a pretty good hint your chastity is in danger, so excuse yourself then... 

LOL don't hold back Irri....tell me how you really feel. Let's start a pretend fight like Tim and Carlos :P .OK so yes, Angus was slow to say no (poetry) which tells me that Arbor got to him. Maybe lightning struck the big guy...and maybe it is just the romantic in me. I think that Angus was definitely tempted and because it is out of character for him I choose to hope it means something...because even though he is a bigoted bitch with issues, I still like Arbor and want him to have a guy like Angus is described by Priest. So shoot my sorry sappy ass :rolleyes: .Cheers...G

• Like 1

Irri, by now you've probably figured out I've been somewhat of a political activist and in my free time a rabble rouser. I'm gonna try to say this without clashing with GA's policies.

A lot of the gridlock experienced by our government is due to the fact that we, as a people have become so polarized that we are unable to have civil conversations about issues we disagree on. We swear by Fox News or by The Huffington Post and anything else does not interest us. And with the inability to communicate civility and manners have gone out the window.

I can be the biggest offender at times but I still try to listen to other people when I disagree with them if nothing else as a way of figuring out how they came about what to me are wrong positions.

So disagreement is important not just for the sake of disagreeing but for the sake of proper interpersonal relationship.

Hope I explained myself somewhat coherently!  :unsure2:

• Like 4

I get speechlessly angry too quickly to have those conversations... 

I think that Angus was definitely tempted and because it is out of character for him I choose to hope it means something...because even though he is a bigoted bitch with issues, I still like Arbor and want him to have a guy like Angus is described by Priest. So shoot my sorry sappy ass  :rolleyes:

G, I reread the passage and I think Angus is ... straight  :o ! And I'm not just saying that to be mean.

But I might be saying it because I still want Priest for Arbor  :P I just like couples who improve each other.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

I get speechlessly angry too quickly to have those conversations... 

G, I reread the passage and I think Angus is ... straight  :o ! And I'm not just saying that to be mean.

But I might be saying it because I still want Priest for Arbor  :P I just like couples who improve each other.

OK...so no pretend fight? Damn! So for real...no way Jose...Angus must be gay cuz he is on the Santa Claus, and he wouldn't lie about that :huh: so stop yanking my chain :o It was kismet in the hallway...fate and all that crap :P and Priest is gonna have a mental threeway with Costapollis and fall in love and join Mensa :thumbup:

• Like 1

OK...so no pretend fight? Damn! 

Oh, we can have those. I meant politics.

So for real...no way Jose...Angus must be gay cuz he is on the Santa Claus, and he wouldn't lie about that  :huh: so stop yanking my chain  :o It was kismet in the hallway...fate and all that crap  :P

Why wouldn't he lie about it? Suppose he needed the job urgently, the Santa Claus was in port, and there you go. And how does a failed pass and an awkward rejection count as Fate?

Anyway, Arbor doesn't find Angus nearly as attractive as Priest. Says so right there in the chapter  :P  Because he's in looooove with Priest :heart: and it's mutual  :P

Priest is gonna have a mental threeway with Costapollis and fall in love and join Mensa 

Say what you will about Priest, I don't feel like one is likely to catch him at Mensa meetings. Which is to his credit.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Oh, we can have those. I meant politics.

Why wouldn't he lie about it? Suppose he needed the job urgently, the Santa Claus was in port, and there you go. And how does a failed pass and an awkward rejection count as Fate?

Anyway, Arbor doesn't find Angus nearly as attractive as Priest. Says so right there in the chapter  :P  Because he's in looooove with Priest :heart: and it's mutual  :P

Say what you will about Priest, I don't feel like one is likely to catch him at Mensa meetings. Which is to his credit.

Ok...which one of us is Tim and which one is Carlos? :fight: Do not mock fate..he/she does what he/she wants and I say he/she wanted Arbor and Angus to meet in the hall and have Angus rescue his intended...once Arbor is over his CRUSH, he will see Angus as his big strong he man hero...oh wait, that's my fantasy...anyway the fact is Mann is Fate incarnate and we are his playthings...shoot, that's my fantasy too....enough about me...I will concede that the chances of Priest attending a Mensa meeting are slim to none :P :P :P He will be too busy loving Costapollis and having his babies...or stuffed sock puppets...whatever...and Mann, I was not calling you a he/she....Cheers and nighty nite :boy:

• Like 1

Isn't Angus one of the real big security guys. So we're talking about itty bitty Arbor trying to climb a mountain with a BBC?

How about the possibility, and I said possibility or Angus floating around a bit so he can star in the next installment of the chronicles?

OH, and since y'all have been around longer than I have, what the heck does being Peer Reviewed mean?

• Like 1

Who was it who said that both Poll and Costa are in Costa's head? it might be the explanation for why Costa is so much more powerful now!

I think most of us have entertained that possibility since we put two and two together and figured it would have been easier to fake Costa's death than Poll's.

Yes! Yes! Yes! And Fucking yes!

I have been the only one supporting Priest from the start and I am finally proved correct.

Not quite. I have not condemned Priest for any of his actions, I simply said I wouldn't trust him. He is a rascal and gets himself into trouble easily thanks to foot-in-mouth disease. I think fully half of the people I call friends suffer from that affliction. Doesn't make em bad people.

Arbour?  He really needs to stop hating himself for the dwarfism. Till he does that he can't begin to accept that others don't hate him.

I am not even sure where to start with all the speculation you guys have started in my head! 

A  Costa/Priest/Arbour three way would never work. I can see Costa and Arbour getting far enough past their differences to be friends but Lovers ?  Don't see it.  

I can see Arbour and Angus eventually being together, but not in this book. I see Angus hanging in the background here like Priest did in the last book and things picking up around chapter two or three.

My general thoughts on threesomes?  As casual group sex it works. As part of a three way committed relationship it works. As a casual add on to a committed couple? Don't think so.

I have known committed tripples, both single sex and mixed sexes. The key is every individual feeling strongly for each of the other two.

Every couple I have ever known who tried to add a third without having the strong feelings have ended in disaster. Personally, I do not share well when it comes to things like that, so for me it would never even be considered. I would be too tempted to kill the third.

Oh - and one tripple I know who has been together for 26 yrs and counting have a 4 bedroom house. One bed for each of the two girls and the guy, and one that is "their" room.

• Like 2

OH, and since y'all have been around longer than I have, what the heck does being Peer Reviewed mean?

Peer Reviewed is a "new author" status that can be searched that doesn't require moderation for people who want to see content by new contributors to GA. I think the limit is 150 and then you're with the rest of us heathens. :lol:

• Like 1

Uh Kitt? It's Arbor, not Arbour, that's the other guy with a couple of little stories and a small base of followers? :rofl:

A  Costa/Priest/Arbour three way would never work. I can see Costa and Arbour getting far enough past their differences to be friends but Lovers ?  Don't see it.  

Anything is possible with Mann but so far

Arbor = Top

Priest = Vers

Costa = Bottom

I can somewhat suspend reality for the purpose of a story; but based on personal experience, you try to turn a Versatile guy into a total top or a total bottom and it won't work. Cheating and/or planned 3-ways have led to disaster each time I've been in one of those situations.

• Like 1

Peer Reviewed is a "new author" status that can be searched that doesn't require moderation for people who want to see content by new contributors to GA. I think the limit is 150 and then you're with the rest of us heathens. :lol:

Do I now get invited to secret poker games? It happened overnight when I went over 200 likes.

Costa and Arbor aren't fighting. Costa actually threw the poker game to Arbor. And Arbor's had the chance to turn Costa in any time, but he doesn't want to, because he's horrified by what was done to the para-humans. He's just being hateful about Costa because he's jealous.

• Like 1

Anything is possible with Mann but so far

Arbor = Top

Priest = Vers

Costa = Bottom

But Arbor is versatile too, since his pretend boyfriend fucked him. It's just after the almost rape, he is too vulnerable to bottom. If he ever trusts Priest they'll be fine taking turns.

I agree with Kitt about Arbor and Costa being friends eventually, but not lovers. 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

We have lift off in seven hours...unless of course there is a reason to set course and depart earlier :rolleyes:. Please ready your seatbelts...this could be another bumpy ride :o . All seats will probably be in the downward position for this flight :P

• Like 2

12:05 am EST?

But you live in Central time and we're still in Daylight Savings Time....... I'm confused!

I think I need a cocktail to clear my mind

EDIT

that means 10;05am EDT! Five hours away!

Edited by Carlos H
  • Like 2

12:05 am EST?

But you live in Central time and we're still in Daylight Savings Time....... I'm confused!

Clearly, because my whole state sits in Eastern not Central time :D

about 6 and a half hours from this posting time

Edited by Mann Ramblings

Damn it! I posted after a couple of drinks, and put my crowing in Reviews instead of this thread, and now instead of feeling smug I look like an idiot.   :angry:

But I did tell you so  :*)

First...you do not look like an idiot...and second you have a right to be smug...for now :P .It is still early but I must admit that the scene between Priest and Arbor was beautiful and seemed right...so you can crow anywhere you like. I loved the whole chapter. I do hope that is not Priest's goal to get them both in bed at the same time as he mentioned in his thoughts. I would have a hard time believing that as a scenario for Arbor. I can tell that feelings are becoming involved and it is throwing Priest...he is not sure that "fun" is what they all want...including himself...it is turning into a bumpy ride and Priest is going to need his "pilot" skills for this journey...kudos to the author...G

• Like 2