No need... in a million bazillion years I would never have predicted Priest saying no to sex   :huh:  I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.

I know, right? I almost needed to be picked up off the floor. That is what makes it so awesome. It is like Priest just got hit by a little Mack truck...he must be in shock himself by what has happened to him. I think that old saying applies...How the mighty have fallen...oh yeah...never mind what I said about the hot, lonely black guy...I concede idiocy...

• Like 2

Well, actually... now that I think about it... I was thinking that you could refuse sex with Costa without being in love with Arbor. Only because Costa is so visibly high as a kite. Edit:especially in this chapter. 

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Well, actually... now that I think about it... I was thinking that you could refuse sex with Costa without being in love with Arbor. Only because Costa is so visibly high as a kite. Edit:especially in this chapter. 

True but it wasn't just the refusal of sex..he refused because it wasn't Arbor and he hadn't had sex since Arbor and needed it. He even acknowledged to himself that things might have been different if Costa needed him from the start but now he wanted someone else, as in Arbor. As he said to Costa about the refusal, he was surprised too. He needed to be touched, he needed to be pleasured... but it wasn't Arbor...it would be good, it would be satisfying, but it wouldn't be Arbor. These were Priest's thoughts. That sounds like love to me, at least the start of it...so your original theory holds IMHO...Cheers

• Like 2

so your original theory holds IMHO..

Well. If you insist.  :P

As you noted above, it's a relief to know the doc can generate Calm. Also? The idea that Arbor's on the case gives me a kind of comforting Nerd on a Mission vibe. *sigh* edit: the problem is that as often as they fix your car spark plugs, you find them making toast over a hot wire. 

Can't you post more often, Mann???

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 3

I think that Arbor should confide in Mac, and they can work together to make some sort of device which can shield Costa from the ones and zeros. that would be a much better solution than drugs.

If everything goes completely haywire, I suppose they can put Costa in suspended sleep, but he won't do it voluntarily.

And I agree it's sweet that Priest abstains from love of Arbor. But did you notice how Arbor admits to doing stuff for the sake of Priest - keeping Costa's secret, and deciding to find a solution.

Oh and there was another severe outbreak of foot-in-mouth disease, sigh. :no:

• Like 3

Oh and there was another severe outbreak of foot-in-mouth disease, sigh.  :no:

Arbor wasn't really helping with that, though, was he? I mean, when you start a conversation saying, in essence, "So, I see you're still a whore, then." the outcome does tend to be awkard.

• Like 3

Arbor wasn't really helping with that, though, was he? I mean, when you start a conversation saying, in essence, "So, I see you're still a whore, then." the outcome does tend to be awkard.

Ha, ha, true Irri - but I was thinking of the hotel scene too. That was the moment which burst the bubble. :(

• Like 2

Love reading all the predictions after the fact!

One comment for you Gary..... do not take anything for granted! Priest may appear to have chosen Arbor; I'm not saying he hasn't but just remember who the author of the tale is. Mr. Ramblings is devious bordering on being satanic. Another unexpected twist could be just down the road!

I should know better than to make predictions but... Angus may make another appearance in the few chapters left in this story, but my bet is that he will be at the center of the next installment coming some time next spring. :P

• Like 2

Love reading all the predictions after the fact!

Hee, being wrong is half the fun! I nearly said there would be flashback sex, but deleted it because there's ALWAYS flashback sex and it didn't seem fair...

One comment for you Gary..... do not take anything for granted! Priest may appear to have chosen Arbor; I'm not saying he hasn't but just remember who the author of the tale is. Mr. Ramblings is devious bordering on being satanic.

That's no way to thank him for giving your favorite character a lovely motorbike :P

• Like 4

Can't you post more often, Mann???

If someone would sponsor me so I could get rid of the pesky day job, I'd be able to write faster. Even so, I think I push my editors and betas hard enough at times and I need them! :o

• Like 2

I think I push my editors and betas hard enough

Wait, you're supposed to push editors and Betas? Who knew?!?!?!  (Where's the emo brandishing the whip?)

That's no way to thank him for giving your favorite character a lovely motorbike :P

He's my favorite character personality wise, I wanna grow up to be Priest..... our esteemed chief of security rings my bells in other ways LOL

I was planning on doing so later but I guess now's a good time as any. :worship: 

It made me think of the new Electric Motorcycle Harley-Davidson has been exhibiting all over the place this year. Makes sense they would be hover crafts in the future, specially after the latest report I saw on hover skateboards and the Kickstarter campaign that company is conducting. You too can order one of those 10K for a skateboard is reasonable, correct?

• Like 2

“You're right. I'm not the most tolerant man, but for you I'll do better. Making you happy is all that matters to me. You're all that matters to me, Mac. You're all I have that really matters.”

The two men embraced, holding onto one another like a lifeline. --- Danverse talking to Mac---

I just wanted to say how powerful and beautiful this scene was for me. This is what I most like about your writing and your stories. You always give me something I can revel in and relate to. Yes it is sometimes a free for all on The Santa Claus with unattached(mostly) men enjoying each other in a friendly environment, and getting to know one another. But when love happens, it is the real deal and is not taken lightly by you. It tells me that you understand love and respect it when it happens. I have learned that I can count on that in your stories and I appreciate it immensely. This scene between Danverse and Mac serves as a reminder of  the depth your writing delivers with the integrity of the characters and their emotions and the drama that is never forced. Your stories unfold naturally and contain all the elements that come from good instincts. Making a men's room blow job romantic is a skill that should not underestimated :P . Just saying....

• Like 3

“You're right. I'm not the most tolerant man, but for you I'll do better. Making you happy is all that matters to me. You're all that matters to me, Mac. You're all I have that really matters.”

The two men embraced, holding onto one another like a lifeline. --- Danverse talking to Mac---

I just wanted to say how powerful and beautiful this scene was for me. This is what I most like about your writing and your stories. You always give me something I can revel in and relate to. Yes it is sometimes a free for all on The Santa Claus with unattached(mostly) men enjoying each other in a friendly environment, and getting to know one another. But when love happens, it is the real deal and is not taken lightly by you. It tells me that you understand love and respect it when it happens. I have learned that I can count on that in your stories and I appreciate it immensely. This scene between Danverse and Mac serves as a reminder of  the depth your writing delivers with the integrity of the characters and their emotions and the drama that is never forced. Your stories unfold naturally and contain all the elements that come from good instincts. Making a men's room blow job romantic is a skill that should not underestimated :P . Just saying...

I'm just happy my efforts are so well appreciated by you guys. The discussion going on in this story is nothing short of amazing as well. It's just exciting to watch it all unfold. Thanks to all of you! :)

• Like 3

Let me be the first one to welcome you to the Good Ship Lollipop... Oops I meant Santa Claus! :P

Sly...welcome...you have to bring your own Calm though....in case you haven't heard, our supply is running out :P and all hell is breaking loose :o

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 3

Sly...welcome...you have to bring your own Calm though....in case you haven't heard, our supply is running out :P and all hell is breaking loose :o

The trick will be finding the dealer... that stuff is hard to manufacture! :o

• Like 1