Crap...I shouldn't have reread the last part...if the beam did that much damage to steel what will it do to Arbor? I feel sick.

Is that a promise? Would Priest even be allowed to visit sick bay? Danverse will be pissed!

Honey, I don't think anyone has ever died on the Santa Claus except Gamin's first husband. And come on, if everyone who was wounded in this chapter died, it'd look like the set of a Shakespearian tragedy. 

They need Priest to pilot the plane. They can't keep him in the brig. Though I suppose some time yearning for poor injured Arbor wouldn't hurt him. And we'd enjoy that, right?  :evil: Edit: Actually I would because I adore romantic angst. You're probably too nice.

Edited by Irritable1

Honey, I don't think anyone has ever died on the Santa Claus except Gamin's first husband. And come on, if everyone who was wounded in this chapter died, it'd look like the set of a Shakespearian tragedy. 

They need Priest to pilot the plane. They can't keep him in the brig. Though I suppose some time yearning for poor injured Arbor wouldn't hurt him. And we'd enjoy that, right?  :evil:

Yeah...you're right but Hadrian lost an arm...what if the little man loses his big dinky :P yeah, I know it was his face and chest....and they do have other pilots...but you got a point...besides Mann wouldn't do that to us :huh: Right?

• Like 2

Yeah...you're right but Hadrian lost an arm...what if the little man loses his big dinky :P yeah, I know it was his face and chest....and they do have other pilots...but you got a point...besides Mann wouldn't do that to us :huh: Right?

I find it quite impossible to believe that Mann would ever cause a character to lose his big dinky.  :rolleyes:

Edit:  :rofl: Oh, I don't think I could get through this sleepover without this story, or this thread... :gikkle:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

I find it quite impossible to believe that Mann would ever cause a character to lose his big dinky.  :rolleyes:

Edit:  :rofl: Oh, I don't think I could get through this sleepover without this story, or this thread... :gikkle:

Damn, I wish I had likes left cuz this deserves like 10 of them...that is so funny I am still laughing...that may be the best point ever made on this forum :worship: omg..I can't stop..

• Like 1

After reading this dramatic chapter, I've tried to compile the predictions which were closest. You didn't do too bad, even if it was not quite right either.

2. Priest sacrifices himself somehow

3. Mrs. Claus goes down in flames 

I know I've predicted #3 several times now, and I'm going to go on predicting it till it happens  :P

you were only ten minutes off from #3 :o  - and I guess trying to stop an enraged Danverse is almost suicidal - noble but mad, so I'll let it count as sacrificing.

1) -Priest enlists Arbor's help...maybe Arbor figures out a way to shield the ship or Costa...or they get him to sick bay

2) -Mac gets clued in

apart from the enlisting #1 was close: Arbor did figure out a way and Costa will probably end up in sick bay (restrained). Oh and not just Mac got clued in. :lol:

3. Doc and Danverse will eventually come into the picture also but probably in a subsequent chapter.

Spot on - apart from the bit about it being in a subsequent chapter. :)

1.  Costa has a major breakdown when Priest tries to delay the calm dose just a tad too long

2. Mac finds out whats going on when Mrs Claus has a meltdown during the course of #1

Very close, except it's not only Mac who finds out.

I'll let Mann declare a winner.

• Like 3

You guys have got me smiling, definitely not going back to sleep anytime soon. Breakfast at Waffle House anyone. Maybe thrown on jeans and a leather jacket and ride to the Beach after eating?

I want 1/4 credit for my idea of using Magneto's helmet. Arbor ended up creating an electronic one in effect!

Irri, so Danverse's going all Alpha is not to your liking? Betcha he could wake up a couple of dinkys around here when he gets that way. :D

Edited by Carlos H
  • Like 2

You guys have got me smiling, definitely not going back to sleep anytime soon. Breakfast at Waffle House anyone. Maybe thrown on jeans and a leather jacket and ride to the Beach after eating?

Be careful out there, Florida Man...

I want 1/4 credit for my idea of using Magneto's helmet. Arbor ended up creating an electronic one in effect!

It's a pretty interesting idea. I was imagining a shield for Mrs. Claus, not a way to mess with Costa's signals. Though I suppose the second makes much more sense.

Irri, so Danverse's going all Alpha is not to your liking? Betcha he could wake up a couple of dinkys around here when he gets that way.  :D 

LOL, more power to you, sweetheart.  Maybe you have to have the dinky to feel his attraction, who knows.  :rolleyes: Edit: actually I do know that Dom(mes) are a serious turnoff for me, it's my Antikink. Oh well.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Wasn't talking about myself LOL

But I have several friends who "dabble" in the dom/sub aspect of relationships and sometimes it's a hoot to be the outsider looking in. Have a friend that has 3 "boys" and still wanted me to set him up with a kid I dated for a couple of months. greedy bastard!

• Like 1

Come on Gary, you've got to realize there's not much more to tell after that monumental cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers!

I have no special knowledge but looking at the length of the fugitive and the cook, it seems pariahs has one maybe two more installments to go.
I'd put my money on one. The entire plot has built up to were all the players are about to be profoundly changed. Plus Mann is too good a
writer to cheaply extend the story much longer. It's time to answer all those damn questions he's raised.

As much as I hate to see it happen, I've been preparing myself for the past two weeks. I do not expect Santa Claus to come around this Christmas.

DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

The only thing wrong with your theory is Mann´s reply to my review of ch 9:

Well, Arbor may want to find a solution to help Mac, but if he does manage to help Costa shut out the ones and zeroes, Priest won't need to be with him constantly, so this would also help their budding love. If only Priest can find a cure for his foot-in-mouth syndrome, there should be a chance. But I guess there's several issues to be resolved still (meaning lots of chapters to come :D ).

snapback.png Reply from Mann Ramblings (author)

Oh yes. We have a number of threads to covers and tie up. We're not done yet. :)

I guess he could mean it would happen within the next three chapters, but why answer like this, if he only had few chapters left. He could just have ignored that part of my review.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Because he's a tease?

We know about Poll, Danverse and Mac found out about the problem, the Doc can manufacture Calm, he can also regrow body parts or replace them (Luxorian Fugitive.)

Here we go.

1. Doc and Angus take over (I smell a spin-off)

2. Mac survives and Danverse regains his sanity

3. Arbor survives but needs a big ass tune up (I think he'll remain on the ship)

4. Costa survives and transfers Poll out of his head (not sure where he ends up but I don't think it's on the ship)

5. My boy Priest I'm not sure about.

I've been expecting to see Chewbacca at his side for most of the book maybe he'll show up in the finale!

Hard for me to see his future since he's definitely my most favorite character and my expectations are high and probably unrealistic.

I think he'll end up with Arbor and may be a bit tamer in the future. (That would be a shame but it's the kind of sappy ending most people want LOL)

Game back on! Your predictions?

:D

• Like 1

Good lord, Carlos, it's only 8 AM Thursday my time! The Calm's not going to last till Saturday night at this rate...

A few objections to your thesis:

1) As LBO pointed out--who is going to hold Costa down while Arbor is unconscious? It's a really big question.

2) What body does Poll go into?

:o  :o  :o  :o

I think I just fried my own brain. OMG. No. Please no. MANN!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

AUUUUUGHHH EW EW EW EW

• Like 2