His old lovers sound more like owners... Aki doesn't look at him like property and doesn't want to own him... the encouragement to get a job is a good indication of that... and a difference from what Ishca is used to...

:yes: they were his keepers and took him out to play with him when they felt the urge. Maybe that's not fair of all of his past lovers, but he aways seemed to be "kept"

• Like 2

I really liked... about Ishca... that amidst his feeling hurt... he still filed away information of Hels crush on James to talk to him about later... it shows that he is not self absorbed... and that he cares about Hel...

• Like 1

I really liked... about Ishca... that amidst his feeling hurt... he still filed away information of Hels crush on James to talk to him about later... it shows that he is not self absorbed... and that he cares about Hel...

Hmm... I'm such a horrible person that I got this bad feeling about that line. Although, I can't think of anything Ishca could gain from having information to use against Hel. To me, it just seemed like a survival plan, almost automatic. Ishca's past relationships might have made it necessary for him to know things so he could get the upper hand.

I hope your interpretation is correct though. Hel doesn't need more worry in his life.

Hmm... I'm such a horrible person that I got this bad feeling about that line. Although, I can't think of anything Ishca could gain from having information to use against Hel. To me, it just seemed like a survival plan, almost automatic. Ishca's past relationships might have made it necessary for him to know things so he could get the upper hand.

I hope your interpretation is correct though. Hel doesn't need more worry in his life.

You make a good point... I can understand why you would have a different interpretation... I base mine on Ishca seeing Hel with his head stuck in the fridge, and thinks of him and how smitten he was with James... even though Ishca was really upset... and the fact that I think Ishca is a good person with a good heart... I hope I am right too lol.

• Like 3

I also believe that Ishca is a good person, but circumstances (and a bit of laziness) have put him in a position where knowledge is power. Considering his choice of partners, he would probably be outmatched as regards physical strength.

But I have probably read too many dark stories...

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

:yes: they were his keepers and took him out to play with him when they felt the urge. Maybe that's not fair of all of his past lovers, but he always seemed to be "kept"

Ishca has been a bit of a pet; it's good for him to branch out.

He can't help but care about everyone, he's an empath!

I also believe that Ishca is a good person, but circumstances (and a bit of laziness) have put him in a position where knowledge is power. Considering his choice of partners, he would probably be outmatched as regards physical strength.

But I have probably read too many dark stories...

I think you've spent too long with my demons. Stop thinking like Kiorl!

• Like 3

So, Hel's first crush: A good thing, or a potential disaster zone?

Oh oh... that question is a scary one. I guess a lot depends on James... If he is compassionate enough, he should be able to let Hel down easy... and Hel has Aki and ishca to help him understand... but Aki's opinion of James is not good, so that worries me... :huh:

• Like 2

I hinted my view in my review. Isn't the first love often someone unobtainable and thereby safe to try out these new feelings on? When you know the relationship will never happen, you can let go and just feel. Or is this a thing girls do? Have crushes on teachers for instance? Maybe boys do things differently.

As Gary says, the outcome depends a lot on James. I don't see him leading Hel on or, god forbid, taking advantage. So Hel should be safe exploring that weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. Might lead to a little heartache, but that's how you grow and learn.

• Like 1

I don't know about others but I thought a couple of teachers attractive but crush, not so sure, I saved those for guys my own age, all unrequited. My thought is given the relief at learning he wasn't alone made James remarkably attractive as a role model. Add Hel's awe at seeing him naked in the woods and you have his current infatuation. A smart kid will realize the situation, if fortune smiles he'll begin to scope out the attractions in the changing room and transfer his interest, allowing the crush on James to pass without heartache but Sasha is really good at inserting a little turmoil in these situations. 

• Like 1

So, Hel's first crush: A good thing, or a potential disaster zone?

The worry for me is what happens if the wolf becoming smitten or possessive of James? That could become dangerous, especially for Peter (although I'm not sure if the wolf has any ability to interact with the physical world?) I would hope that Hel's wolf is more rational than the teenage brain though :huh: The danger for Hel's heart is that James might be clueless and crush's Hel's feelings without even realize he is doing it, but that's sometimes the way of unrequited crushes isn't it? If James realizes Hel has a crush (or if someone notices and points it out) then maybe he will be able to be sensitive to Hel's feelings and let him down easy.

• Like 1

While he is unable to really control it right now, Hel the little blue wolf must be able to interact with the physical world to some extent or he would not have the ability to pass through a wall yet not fall through the floor ( which he did at one point landing on the dinning room table if you recall!).

• Like 1

Wolves have amazing olfactory senses [at least Sasha's do, they can smell in colors] James or his wolf will likely smell Hel's interest. James isn't likely to hurt the boy/pup but he isn't going to allow harm to Peter either. I'm gonna trust the SashaForce on this.

• Like 1

I don't know about others but I thought a couple of teachers attractive but crush, not so sure, I saved those for guys my own age, all unrequited. My thought is given the relief at learning he wasn't alone made James remarkably attractive as a role model. Add Hel's awe at seeing him naked in the woods and you have his current infatuation. A smart kid will realize the situation, if fortune smiles he'll begin to scope out the attractions in the changing room and transfer his interest, allowing the crush on James to pass without heartache but Sasha is really good at inserting a little turmoil in these situations. 

Inserting turmoil and bringing my readers to tears is what I'm know for... right? :P

While he is unable to really control it right now, Hel the little blue wolf must be able to interact with the physical world to some extent or he would not have the ability to pass through a wall yet not fall through the floor ( which he did at one point landing on the dinning room table if you recall!).

I'm not sure they've had that bit yet...

but yes, Hel in his body as a spirit animal can interact with the outside world, though he does need to make a conscious effort. he is also not two different people when in wolf shape. Unlike a werewolf who's "wolf self" might have mixed and/or partially separate desires, Hel is the same person regardless of his shape, and it doesn't much affect his choices, only how he can exploit them.

• Like 1

but yes, Hel in his body as a spirit animal can interact with the outside world, though he does need to make a conscious effort. he is also not two different people when in wolf shape. Unlike a werewolf who's "wolf self" might have mixed and/or partially separate desires, Hel is the same person regardless of his shape, and it doesn't much affect his choices, only how he can exploit them.

Ok so his "wolf" isn't influenced by animal instinct like other "werewolves" are often portrayed...although I suppose he is not a werewolf...his spirit detaches from his body.  Then his raging teenage hormones are going to be the problem. :P  

Another possible outcome is James giving Hel a severe dressing down if his jealousy of Peter causes Hel to  do anything that James sees as a threat to his mate.  That could send Hel off running in embarrassment or heartbreak.  I just hope he meets someone closer to his age who catches his interest before his crush on James gets too big.  

• Like 1

Then his raging teenage hormones are going to be the problem. :P

Aren't they always?! ;)

I'm a big fan of the raging teenage hormones - they get so much done, and so much undone! I'm hoping Hel will get a handle on them in time to meet someone dreamy and accessible.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...