I really thought you guys were having chapter updates while I was away, but sadly no.

you got another one today though, in celebration of re-internet connectivity.

and did you notice how good we were ? No nagging at all, just patiently waiting.   0:)

• Like 4

I'm so proud of you guys. :P

now why does this remind me of:

Good Tim, who's a good boy then? You are, yes you are...(scratches Tim's tummy)

I am picturing Tim's leg thumping up and down on the floor :huh: Good Boy, Timmy

etc https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39674-timmys-terrible-prompt-stories-by-timothym/page-16   :*)

I shall now console myself by reading Sanctuary from the beginning (and this time I'll leave reviews 0:)  ).

Sorry, got distracted, but will get it done today...

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

it's monday. I'd better get you guys a new chapter!

I'm glad I'd caught up on reviewing first.

:read:  :blink:  :*)  and what a toe-curling cringer of a chapter ! Poor Hel, but he only has himself to blame.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I'm glad I'd caught up on reviewing first.

:read:  :blink:  :*)  and what a toe-curling cringer of a chapter ! Poor Hel, but he only has himself to blame.

Yep he has to be pretty mortified right now. First crushes can really hurt to get over :/

• Like 2

By the way Sasha, you must have been :rofl:  when you read this line in my review of chapter 13:

Plus when Hel gets back home, his memories of James will be wolf-shaped rather than naked-body.  :facepalm:       

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Did he faint because he was fighting an overwhelming urge from the spirit wolf to manifest or simple embarrassment? Stress seems to trigger the wolf's appearance, this is an enormous strain. Should he appear, I fear the wolf will want to run triggered by a fight or flight response. There's nothing for him to fight all that remains is to flee ... Being a teen is hard enough add unique supernatural and all kinds of interesting happens. This kid is so endearing the major adults in his life have quickly taken him to heart.    :lugh:  [couldn't resist the blueish lupus]

• Like 1

What I got from it was that Hel fainted first as the boy, and after the wolf slipped out of his body, the little blue wolf fainted too. A double whammy. In Sasha's world I don't know whether this means the wolf will simply come to and be able to slip back into his body or whether it will be more complicated because the body has fainted first. I know that the little wolf still has trouble with his ability to do some things, as yet. One thing for sure, Sasha, you sure made us feel Hel's pain... and confusion. I think I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore.

• Like 1

You only THINK you are glad Gary?  I  KNOW I am,  and that Wings is no longer a teen as well!

That the boy part of Hel fainted doesn't worry me, he does that every time his spirit wolf comes out. That the wolf fainted as well is the new twist!

• Like 2

I know I read it but the fact the wolf too fainted slipped past my medicated brain. That does add a intiguing wrinkle. Teenagers are like puppies, adorable, until they pee on the carpet [metaphorically] ...

• Like 1

By the way Sasha, you must have been :rofl:  when you read this line in my review of chapter 13:

Plus when Hel gets back home, his memories of James will be wolf-shaped rather than naked-body.  :facepalm:       

I did grin to myself rather a bit and went "tra la la la"

Did he faint because he was fighting an overwhelming urge from the spirit wolf to manifest or simple embarrassment? Stress seems to trigger the wolf's appearance, this is an enormous strain. Should he appear, I fear the wolf will want to run triggered by a fight or flight response. There's nothing for him to fight all that remains is to flee ... Being a teen is hard enough add unique supernatural and all kinds of interesting happens. This kid is so endearing the major adults in his life have quickly taken him to heart.    :lugh:  [couldn't resist the blueish lupus]

What Gary says:

What I got from it was that Hel fainted first as the boy, and after the wolf slipped out of his body, the little blue wolf fainted too. A double whammy. In Sasha's world I don't know whether this means the wolf will simply come to and be able to slip back into his body or whether it will be more complicated because the body has fainted first. I know that the little wolf still has trouble with his ability to do some things, as yet. One thing for sure, Sasha, you sure made us feel Hel's pain... and confusion. I think I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore.

Me too! Being a teenager is lovely and it sucks.

Generally if the spirit and the body are passed out together, he'll wake back up in whichever shape his mind wants to be in, so it's 50:50 whether he'll wake up wearing a solid body or not.

• Like 2

Denning. Wolves don't nest - they make dens.

So Kitt, are you the one to poke Sasha in his den and remind him of his faithful and hopeful readers waiting to find out what happens when Hel wakes up?? Please?

• Like 1

A question about a spirit wolf: does he have the same sense of smell as a wolf (were- or not) in your universe? All the descriptions of colors and emotions and other olfactory things the doggy-shaped beings in your universe sense are fascinating, and they also give additional levels of understanding to those beings. It seemed like Hel should have understood more if his sense of smell was the same. More surprising perhaps is that James did not immediately understand Hel's level of attraction/infatuation/lust for him.

Anyway, glad you're back, Sasha, and I hope that the new place is at least mostly together -- or at least livable -- now. Moving is such a pain in the sensitive parts!

• Like 1

Terrific new chapter, Sasha. I love the family dynamic in all its shapes and forms, and this unique family you're creating before our eyes is wrought with the human condition, despite that none are actually human lol. It is such a relatable story with very relatable characters, with the added element of the supernatural. At some point I WILL read the rest of the 'Circle of Hell' stories. This one is fascinating, and I think part of that is because they are so different from each other, yet need each other to be complete. Hel now has a little piece of my heart, while Aki and Ishca have my love and respect for their inherent goodness. I was just going to say I loved the latest chapter, and as usual, I got carried away :rolleyes: . Cheers...

• Like 2