Yesterday is not ours to  

recover, but tomorrow is

ours to win or lose.         

~Lyndon B. Johnson - Nov 29, 1963        

sandrewn

(if only he'd of known then?)

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 3

"The opposite of humility is arrogance--the belief that we are wiser or better than others. Arrogance promotes separation rather than community. It looms like a brick wall between us and those from whom we could learn." ~ John Templeton

Cat life mice can

foxes be wolves

boring frogs but

grasshopper let's

swan love it cow anyhow.

Now read it again

without the animals.

~unknown

sandrewn

• Like 1

I am going to write fire until it comes out of my ears, my eyes, my noseholes--everywhere. Until it's every breath I breathe. I'm going to go out like a fucking meteor!” - Audre Lorde

One of my inspirations, writer wise.

• Like 2

I was introduced to Khalil Gibran as a young teen:            

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

• Like 3

Don't confuse confidence with arrogance. Arrogance is being full of yourself, feeling you're always right, and believing your accomplishments or abilities make you better than other people. People often believe arrogance is excessive confidence, but it's really a lack of confidence. Arrogant people are insecure, and often repel others. Truly confident people feel good about themselves and attract others to them. ~ Christie Hartman