2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Cat Rescues Boy From Dog Attack

drpaladin

• Site Moderator

A watch dog attacked a four year old while he was riding his scooter; then the boy's cat attacked the dog. Who says cats are lazy and aloof? Way to go Tara!

I saw the video soon after this incident happened and it really is quite extraordinary. I'm glad there is a video as I'm not sure if anyone would believe it if they hadn't seen proof.   

PS Cats aren't lazy and aloof. Years ago, I had a cat that would wait on the front porch for me to come home from work.  As soon as I pulled in the driveway, he would come down to greet me.  Makes me  :) just thinking about him and how affectionate he was.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching that video.  Cats are amazing creatures and can be very affectionate.  I had a cat that used to always greet me at the door when I came home.  He'd hear my car pull into the driveway and would be waiting for me.  My brother's cat alerted them when their dryer caught on fire.  He wouldn't have known until it was too late, but she stood at the top of the basement stairs and howled until he investigated. 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator

My first cat was extremely attached to me. He would follow me like he was a dog and come when called without fail. My last  two indoor cats would greet me regardless of how short a time I had been gone from the house. I had five cats here that I inherited from an aunt and lost all of them within a two year period. They all had distinct personalities and it hurt each time one passed away. I haven't had the heart to attempt to get another.

• Site Moderator

I remember when I was a child my dog began barking insistently. Our only neighbor's house had caught on fire from a clothes dryer. The house was separated from ours by a good distance. Miraculously the fire department was able to put it out before it did much damage. It was an antebellum mansion built in the 1800's and those will burn like crazy. Animals are very perceptive.

• Like 3

Incredible video! That cat was amazing, and he certainly was a hero.

The guard dog who attacked the little boy looked like a pit bull, but I wasn't positive. Funnily enough, after I saw that video, I had to watch a few others, and they all had to do with pit bulls rescuing people! It's all how they're raised.

• Like 1

Some horrible Dog Owner said that when a dog does this it never makes the news because its so common. But, when a cat does it she gets headline news because its such strange behavior.

My cat used to do this sort of thing all the time. He was my guardian black panther. To heck with that dog owner!

Some of us are very old.

no excuse, this particular event wouldn't even be in the news (ie the front page) you'd have to look for it or come across it looking for something else at this point.... which makes me question if you sir, are a Net Surfer! :P

If Age had anything to do with how old the news you know is, then our leaders would be just now getting news that the World War 2 is over. :P

• Site Moderator

no excuse, this particular event wouldn't even be in the news (ie the front page) you'd have to look for it or come across it looking for something else at this point.... which makes me question if you sir, are a Net Surfer! :P

If Age had anything to do with how old the news you know is, then our leaders would be just now getting news that the World War 2 is over. :P

It wasn't intended to be an excuse.

• Site Moderator

It wasn't intended to be an excuse.

drp, I, for one, am glad that you brought this story back to the forefront. It is a wonderful tale. Not only because of the cat's heroics, but as a reminder to us all, how loyal our pets can be. 

You can bet that little boy and his parents will remember that event forever. :thumbup:  :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2