Cw's The Original: Who Else Was Crying At The Funeral? :(

First off, yes, I do have some interests in Vampire/Fantasy fiction too :D , which includes The Originals, the spin off series of the Vampire Diaries. However, I am not a fan of its predecessor series. I like my fantasy fiction to have more over-arcs and competing power issues. Too much soap opera is boring to me, which is one reason why I cannot really get into Game of Thrones on a consistent basis. Some Soap is good, too much is overload.

Now onto the the main event on which I created this thread: Aiden's funeral :(

Why did they have to ruin the only Gay Vampire/Werewolf relationship on cable TV? Like Josh said, "It's a Romeo and Romeo situation", seriously, the story writes itself at least for any gay author on this site.

I feel so bad for Josh, their relationship was so pure and true.

I hope I am the not the only gay guy that watches the show for this element of the storyline, but whatever, I just want to put this out there, if I am the only one grieving, it's fine

:,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,(

Well, I know the new season is coming up soon, so I wanted to get that piece of plotting off my chest

Edited by W_L
  • Like 2

Why did they have to ruin the only Gay Vampire/Werewolf relationship on cable TV? Like Josh said, "It's a Romeo and Romeo situation", seriously, the story writes itself at least for any gay author on this site.

isnt it a favourite fiction trope that gay relationships will end badly? :/

• Site Moderator

I'm a fan of The Originals too. It was also nice not having gay characters in a show like this being stereotyped as villains. The scheduling of prime time shows frequently give me fits and this is no exception. The Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow are in the same time slot as TO, which means I watch TO live and the others later.

It's kind of a sad given that in series, soaps... gay characters or gay couples always end up dead or leaving or something. Why can't they have a happy ending (I would have said "normal life" but who have a normal life in soap so ^_^ ).

In France we have this Soap with the character of Thomas well the poor guy had 3 lovers since he first appeared in the show (10 years). The First died, then finally he wasn't dead but in an undercover secret mission and finally end up leaving and being an addict :rolleyes: .

The second one was murder  :rolleyes: .

With the third things seems to be a bit brighter: they're married and have adopted two teens. Who know how long will it last...

It's kind of a sad given that in series, soaps... gay characters or gay couples always end up dead or leaving or something. Why can't they have a happy ending (I would have said "normal life" but who have a normal life in soap so ^_^ ).

In France we have this Soap with the character of Thomas well the poor guy had 3 lovers since he first appeared in the show (10 years). The First died, then finally he wasn't dead but in an undercover secret mission and finally end up leaving and being an addict :rolleyes: .

The second one was murder  :rolleyes: .

With the third things seems to be a bit brighter: they're married and have adopted two teens. Who know how long will it last...

Third times the charm right :D

isnt it a favourite fiction trope that gay relationships will end badly? :/

It's a horrible trope; they were such a nice couple and the viking funeral was an awesome touch.

I'm a fan of The Originals too. It was also nice not having gay characters in a show like this being stereotyped as villains. The scheduling of prime time shows frequently give me fits and this is no exception. The Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow are in the same time slot as TO, which means I watch TO live and the others later.

I just checked the casting, sadly this is the first season that Josh Rosza, our only LGBT character in The Originals will not be part of the cast at the start of a season :(

So, there's no urgency for his character to be developed and I fear they might just kill him off-screen (logical, after all the shit he's been through on top of losing his boyfriend, I'd say get into the sunlight and let nature happen :o:( ) I want him to have a happy ending, or a spin off show on here! or Logo (Those guys need to just bite the bullet and take one of our stories, turn it into a TV show, what is the point of having a gay channel if there is no original programming?)

Edited by W_L