' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

8 hours ago, asamvav111 said:

Check out this cute little one.

Thanks for pointing this one out to us as well; I missed it! But I will place Lassa's link with the others <3 

• Like 2

@ACBenus I am really interested at hearing your response about my Two Poems.

Not that others are not welcome. But I think you if not others will get the true meaning of the first poem, which for the record I want to say is a love poem, but not love of who rather what.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, asamvav111 said:

@ACBenus I am really interested at hearing your response about my Two Poems.

Not that others are not welcome. But I think you if not others will get the true meaning of the first poem, which for the record I want to say is a love poem, but not love of who rather what.

Don't think that I am taking this personal, because I am not taking it personal. Perception is never about how someone wrote something, perception is how the reader taking it. From your side it may be 86, but from my side it's 98.we both are correct. The way we see it may give us two perfect right answers. Or no one is correct at all, because they just want to see from one side. One way. Or with one emotion. Or with one feeling.

As for the fact I haven't read those poems completely. I just liked them as I can read them again and will give a comment on that. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Emi GS said:

Don't think that I am taking this personal, because I am not taking it personal. Perception is never about how someone wrote something, perception is how the reader taking it. From your side it may be 86, but from my side it's 98.we both are correct. The way we see it may give us two perfect right answers. Or no one is correct at all, because they just want to see from one side. One way. Or with one emotion. Or with one feeling.

As for the fact I haven't read those poems completely. I just liked them as I can read them again and will give a comment on that. 

Emi I totally agree with you.

But as a request I must ask you to please don't like my poetry if you don't "Like" them.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, asamvav111 said:

Hi Myr,

we have never really talked before so I want to introduce myself.

I am Saswato, a medicineman by profession & a poet by nature.

There are quite a few of us here on GA and we love it here,

especially since ACBenus took initiative and created our little

nook Live-Poets-Society, and also created wonderful poetry

prompts. He and also many other like me, continue to share

their amazing poetry over the years. GA is a truly marvelous

place that we are all proud of.

Now, even though the tag "Author" includes all kinds of writing, even poetry,

I personally feel that for us those who write poetry only, a tag like

"Poet" is more appropriate. Therefore, I most humbly request you

that if it is possible by your blessing, a tag called "Poet" be created,

so that us minority may well be able to wear it with pride & honour.

A separate notification window for poetry is also a request, but that 

is less of importance that this. And if possible please make this a reality.

Thank you for all the great things that you do to keep GA up and working.

You have my humble gratitude. Thank you. Hugs & Chocolates.

Sas

I wanted to tag every poet I know here in GA, but the system is not allowing me to. Probably some anti-Spam measure. But, friends I do wanna know what you all have to think.

I would like to support him too. I wouldn't say anything about the tag of poet, because I am both a poet and an author.  But I appreciate as some of them really wanted the tag, just like authors. And I have seen the themed publications put as poetry have no place here on GA's recent story updates. I hope you guys check that too. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, asamvav111 said:

Emi I totally agree with you.

But as a request I must ask you to please don't like my poetry if you don't "Like" them.

Don't mind about it, I myself never do that. I am in a fowl mood last night and even though I have read I never understood it. It's me the reason, so planned to read them again so I can do it with peaceful mind. I clicked the like button because I know I like your poems. 

Edited by Emi GS
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Emi GS said:

Don't mind about, I myself never do that. I am in a fowl mood last night and even though I have read I never understood it. It's me the reason, so planned to read them again so I can do it with peaceful mind. I clicked the like button because I know I liked your poems. 

Emi, "I clicked the like button because I know I liked your poems." If there is any logic in that statement, I'm sorry, but it completely escapes me. Never mind though. I suppose your likes are hugs to your friends and support for their verse, encouragement for whatever it might be ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, William King said:

Emi, "I clicked the like button because I know I liked your poems." If there is any logic in that statement, I'm sorry, but it completely escapes me. Never mind though. I suppose your likes are hugs to your friends and support for their verse, encouragement for whatever it might be ?

Gosh. William. :gikkle:

The first like of that line is the option on GA. And the second like of that line is my feeling, how I enjoyed their writing. I was saying to Asamvav,  'I won't use that option, if I really don't like it'

Edited by Emi GS
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lyssa said:

And every one can get it?

3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

But what about the authors who author more than one genre of writing...? Just sayin'.

I just asked Myr about that. As system works on group basis, you have to choose only one as primary option. So you gotta choose, either Author or Poet. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lyssa said:

hm I most often post poems and will probably never post a story because I just do not have the time to translate my stories. But I post only in my blog, can I be a poet nevertheless?

You can, unless you want to publish stories along with poetry. And to own the tag, you have publish your poetry frequently. Or otherwise the tag will be removed from your status. 

Edited by Emi GS
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Lyssa said:

That I will ever find time to translate a story is a little sad but unlikely. :-(

I can understand. It's been almost four months since I had updated any. 

• Like 1