I'll reread it too... again... I never know what to put in reviews though.

Just mention something you liked about the chapter. Or maybe something you didn't like, it gets easier the more you do it. Pretty soon you'll be leaving rants like me 0:)

At least Thorn saved you guys from having to figure out who PJ is.  At some point, I'm gunna revise and post my character list, so readers won't be too confused with my ever-expanding cast of characters.

Edited by Dayne Mora
  • Like 2

Still waiting for the editable reviews... But good idea, chances are I won't confuse names. That leaves only my stupid grammar :P

I can't remember - are those meant to be part of the new site? :unsure:

I saw something about "wolfcats" and had to research them to make sure it wasn't a hoax.  Which led me to looking at pictures of lykoi, which led me to finding this:

wolf_and_cat_wedding_topper_by_wildspiri

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THIS!!!

• Like 4

I book marked the artist's commission information.  His statuettes start at $150 (with color, I think).  Might commission him to do something with the characters once I find a suitable "spirit animal" for Indie.

• Like 1

Great prologue, Cory became a kitten instead of getting one.

I wonder, how long the flashback goes? A bit cliche, but all that happened in the first book could have been a nice dream for Cory, like the one, when he gets a kitten.

The kitten dream happened when he was just turned 13 and right before Connor left for college.

And I'm glad Rain isn't just a dream.

The kitten dream was when Cory was 10, so about 8 years before the start of WLM. 

So Cory hit puberty when he was ten ? :o

I remembered this exchange

“I already hit puberty,” he protested (...)

“Two weeks ago,” Caiden responded.

as “I'm already a teen”

that's wny I made the mistake with saying he was 13. :*)

Edited by Timothy M.

So about my theory after the Prologue

From this description of the Card brothers it's pretty clear why Cory went missing at Christmas. His stupid middle brothers happened :pissed: then Connor took Cory's side, and the family split down the middle, Especially if Cory's dad turns out to be the person jt thinks he is from the cat comment. :( So perhaps Cory is with Connor?

I admit I'm probably wrong, especially since I'd forgotten about Cameron already knowing.

Reply from Dayne Mora (author)

Cory's brothers don't know where he is, according to Cameron. It was a while back, but Cameron already knew about Cory (Cam walked in on him fooling around with another boy several years before the events of WLM, but was cool about the whole thing).

But while he may be OK with Cory being bi and fooling around with guys, I can still see him and Caiden teasing Cory mercilessly, especially if they find out about him being in love and a bottom. So that's why I assumed Connor would be the only brother to be supportive and stand up against their dad.

From Lux: Tim, Keenan told Preston and Efrain at the end of Wolf Like Me that he talked to Cameron, who said none of the brothers know where Cory is. So, either Cameron is lying or he honestly doesn't know. Despite them haranguing Cory in his recollections, I don't think Cam would be lying about this.

From Spikey: And I think Tim's conclusion is probably inaccurate. My thought is that Corey came out to mom and dad, and dad being the cliche macho man obsessed with football etc. rejected him, possibly kicked him out. But apparently nothing was said to his brothers because according to Keenan, none of the brothers knew where he was. 

I went back to check the Wolf Epilogue, since I thought Cam had only said he didn't know, but you're right about him saying none of them know.

KJ: I did 2 days ago...no truck and when i knocked his dad slammed the door in my face

KJ: And b4 u ask i called Cam. None of his brothers know where he is and his rents won't tell them

so it must include Connor too. :( Although I wonder why Cory would come out without his oldest brother present. But he may not have been able to chose the time.

So Cory hit puberty when he was ten ? :o

I remembered this exchange

“I already hit puberty,” he protested (...)

“Two weeks ago,” Caiden responded.

as “I'm already a teen”

that's wny I made the mistake with saying he was 13. :*)

Tim it's not that unusual. Some kids start a lot earlier than others. I already started when I was 10, and my voice started changing at 11. But lots of guys the same age as me didn't really start till we were in high school. Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1

It's kinda hard to mark puberty in males, especially compared to females.  It could also be that Cory is trying to sound older than he is, and would act or seem slightly more mature than kids his own age, which is pretty normal when one has much older siblings.  If it makes you feel better, my original concept for the Card boys had them staggered more evenly, like the Garza siblings, but the idea for "Girl Bait" came along and I just had to adjust their ages.

And hohochan, I'm sorry i made ya cry.  Work on chapter 1 is progressing more smoothly now that I got the "Girl Bait" story out of my head.

• Like 3

It's kinda hard to mark puberty in males, especially compared to females.  It could also be that Cory is trying to sound older than he is, and would act or seem slightly more mature than kids his own age, which is pretty normal when one has much older siblings.  If it makes you feel better, my original concept for the Card boys had them staggered more evenly, like the Garza siblings, but the idea for "Girl Bait" came along and I just had to adjust their ages.

And hohochan, I'm sorry i made ya cry.  Work on chapter 1 is progressing more smoothly now that I got the "Girl Bait" story out of my head.

(Quietly sniffling in a corner ... trying to hold breath waiting for chapter 1, probably dying of asphyxiation as am seeing stars ...)

• Like 4