2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Men Wearing Make Up But Not To Dress Up

Tiger

Talk to your prescribing doc. There are other size and shape aparatus for us apnea sufferers. My nasal pillow is well cushioned and leaves no marks.

Other that that, there is nothing wrong with a tad of makeup, especially after a rough night that leaves circles.

• Like 1

I confess. I do dab on a bit of foundation and blush sometimes. I am not a drag queen/CD. I think cross dressing is perfectly fine. It's something I could do for Halloween, but I have other reasons for wearing make up. The main reason is that I have sleep apnea, and the mask leaves rather noticeable marks on my face. I use make up to cover up the marks as much as possible. Plus, make up also makes me look a little younger. That's always a bonus. 

Don't wear it myself, but I have no issues with anyone who wants, needs or chooses to. What's the big issue if it makes you feel better or more confident? 

• Like 3

I think if wearing make up is something you like doing you should do it. Life is too short to worry over make up.

By the way, I just want to say I love your profile picture, that manga/anime is awesome.

• Like 1

I think foundation and/or corrector is perfectly fine for everyday use too, when you want to conceal imperfections. I don't think it makes feminine or something.

I personally find guys with a little eye make-up sexy, when it's the right occasion and the right guy :-P

• Site Administrator

I'm a total child of the '80s.  I think men wearing make-up is hot.  :wub: Especially guyliner. 

• Like 3

I'm a total child of the '80s.  I think men wearing make-up is hot.  :wub: Especially guyliner. 

The absolute master of Man-Makeup. Surprisingly, he's straight as they come, unfortunately. Andy Warhol and I were both devestated! :P

vcgmiU9.jpg

Edited by MrM
  • Like 2

• Site Administrator

The absolute master of Man-Makeup. Surprisingly, he's straight as they come, unfortunately. Andy Warhol and I were both devestated! :P

http://i.imgur.com/vcgmiU9.jpg 

I was totally in love with Duran Duran when I was a kid.  :wub:  My best friend wanted to marry Simon LeBon and I vacillated between Nick Rhodes and John Taylor.  I agree that they wore their make-up well. ;)

• Like 2

I was totally in love with Duran Duran when I was a kid.  :wub:  My best friend wanted to marry Simon LeBon and I vacillated between Nick Rhodes and John Taylor.  I agree that they wore their make-up well. ;)

Nick has been my muse for style, art and music since I was 13 years old. I always thought I'd grow out of it and him...but so far I haven't grown up...and neither has he! :gikkle:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I refuse to go back. The 80s was big hair and bad makeup. Lol

• Like 3

i share mascara and blusher with my best friend when we're on a night out

hes male, very straight and not a cross dresser

i have no regrets :D

Anything used near the eyes, pencil or mascara shouldn't be shared. Very easy to spread things to the eye. Worked in theater and have had more talks with the optometrist. Otherwise, have fun.

• Like 1

I see nothing wrong with men wearing makeup for whatever reasons. A night on the town, or to hide bags under the eyes, it doesn't matter. I wish I had the guts to wear it, but I had a bad experience that is actually quite humorous.

It was 1981 and before a girls night out, a sassy friend of mine decided I needed a bit of eye shadow and blush. Now this young lady never went out without her face and could apply her face in a flash. With glittered eyelids and heavy streaks of blush ending at her earlobes she proceeded to give me the lowdown on how my Plain Jane look could be a thing of the past and she could work wonders with my so-so looks. LOL I should have known better, because my friend's makeup techniques were a step below Tammy Faye Bakker and a step above a Motley Crue video vixen. Well after a few shots of Jack she convinced me to be her canvas. Busting out a kit the size of a large tool box, she lit a smoke and began working her magic. I could hardly wait to see my new look and after nearly a half hour in the chair I was ready for my reveal. Well needless to say, when I found an insane clown gazing back at me it was enough to convince me to never wear makeup again. I ruined two towels trying to remove the mess and had to use cleanser and a steel wool brush to clean the shit from the bathroom sink. After 35 years I am still afraid to wear makeup. Hell...I don't even own a tube of lipstick. LOL 

I see nothing wrong with men wearing makeup for whatever reasons. A night on the town, or to hide bags under the eyes, it doesn't matter. I wish I had the guts to wear it, but I had a bad experience that is actually quite humorous.

It was 1981 and before a girls night out, a sassy friend of mine decided I needed a bit of eye shadow and blush. Now this young lady never went out without her face and could apply her face in a flash. With glittered eyelids and heavy streaks of blush ending at her earlobes she proceeded to give me the lowdown on how my Plain Jane look could be a thing of the past and she could work wonders with my so-so looks. LOL I should have known better, because my friend's makeup techniques were a step below Tammy Faye Bakker and a step above a Motley Crue video vixen. Well after a few shots of Jack she convinced me to be her canvas. Busting out a kit the size of a large tool box, she lit a smoke and began working her magic. I could hardly wait to see my new look and after nearly a half hour in the chair I was ready for my reveal. Well needless to say, when I found an insane clown gazing back at me it was enough to convince me to never wear makeup again. I ruined two towels trying to remove the mess and had to use cleanser and a steel wool brush to clean the shit from the bathroom sink. After 35 years I am still afraid to wear makeup. Hell...I don't even own a tube of lipstick. LOL

Hehehehe. I only let my mom do my makeup....ONCE. Once.

gallery_26275_1417_65187.jpeg

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1

Anything used near the eyes, pencil or mascara shouldn't be shared. Very easy to spread things to the eye. Worked in theater and have had more talks with the optometrist. Otherwise, have fun.

Please see above - mobile GA picking on me LOL

shouldn't be shared - is shared :P we have no boundaries :D sorry, still young, carefree and reckless!

• Like 1