there is a timelimit and they are heading to court. About six months work has been scheduled and the trial is supposed to be over at the end of February/beginning of March. At first, there was a lot of prep work and now they are moving into the trial itself. That means long days in court followed byeven longer nights at the office trying to fix things that go pearshaped during the day...

Uhm, if they are headed into court now (before Thanksgiving), how can the case continue until February? And surely they don't have to go to court every day? If the case is that big, shouldn't there be more people involved than just Pierce and Lukas? Or am I completely out of touch with the legal stuff? 

Don't forget Ander is involved. They also use others at the firm (like Ashley and her memo) to work on specific questions as prep work. To be more than three doing the actual trial work would be a bit much. 

And American trials can go on for ages... Don't ask me why, but they do. In Sweden, a trial like this would be about 8 days, with a lot of witnesses and one day each for opening and closing. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Joel will get other things to focus on, besides Lucas. Could help them, I think. Never a good thing to pin your entire existence on one person. Or am I being terribly unromantic now...? :)

No, you're not. I get terribly annoyed at couples who don't have any interests outside their relationship. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect your partner to fill his time with other stuff in a case like this. Joel would have had no problems with that if he had been in familar surroundings. But asking him to do it in a foreign country with no help at all, was a bit much. Particularly, when he wasn't prepared for the need and how lonely he would feel.

• Like 2

Come on. It's New York! People would KILL to live in New York. He has a gorgeous place to stay; the city is his oyster. But I guess you can get a boy out of Northern Sweden, but not Northern Sweden out of a boy ...

J needs some SERIOUS attitude adjustment.

• Like 2

Nope, not me. Don't see the big attraction. Visit, fine, but not live. That goes for the rest of North America, too. :)

Oh, you're missing out big time, Tim. BIG time (and not only referring tot he boys her, hehe). While NYC might not be my no1 place (more of a West Coast guy), if I 'had' to it would be a blast.

Aren't they having Fleet Week right now?  :lmao:  :lmao:

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

Come on. It's New York! People would KILL to live in New York. He has a gorgeous place to stay; the city is his oyster. But I guess you can get a boy out of Northern Sweden, but not Northern Sweden out of a boy ...

J needs some SERIOUS attitude adjustment.

Are you volunteering...?

No, you're not. I get terribly annoyed at couples who don't have any interests outside their relationship. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect your partner to fill his time with other stuff in a case like this. Joel would have had no problems with that if he had been in familar surroundings. But asking him to do it in a foreign country with no help at all, was a bit much. Particularly, when he wasn't prepared for the need and how lonely he would feel.

Maybe it's a good thing for Joel? Learning to be little more assertive and independant? Perhaps a bit too much sink or swim though...

• Like 1

What the hell happened to Lucas? In Sweden he seemed a much kinder and involved person. Now I wanna smack him senseless ...

He's already acting senseless... maybe smack some sense into him?

• Like 1

Litlover answered you question in her review.

:no::,(

I just know I wouldn't be able to get past that kind of accusation... 

Edit:  The fact that the accusation comes from someone who claims to love you.. that would make the accusation even worse.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 3

By the way how should this be a semi- cliffhanger? When is the next update? 

I figured it was dramatic, but not "Oh no, he's possibly dying!" dramatic... Update is next Thursday, unless I goof up. 

I think our boys have reach a turning point. Which direction will they take?

I just know I wouldn't be able to get past that kind of accusation... 

Me neither. I mean it's one thing for Mike to caution him and worry, but Lucas? If nothing else he knows what Joel likes in bed, and it's no innocent 16-year-old! :rolleyes: But even more he's been with Joel for a year, how can he not know he's the most upright guy in Sweden? :facepalm:

But I think it was Lucas' envy speaking here. Someone else was spending time with Joel, getting his care and friendship and Lucas was left out. Tough luck!

I think I need to put some more drama or cliff hangers into my stories, so I can get more reviews. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

But I think it was Lucas' envy speaking here. Someone else was spending time with Joel, getting his care and friendship and Lucas was left out. Tough luck!

Envy is no excuse to accuse the man you're supposed to love of being inappropriate with a sixteen year old.  And any disconnect that Lucas feels is of his own making.  He's the one who hasn't listened and hasn't been there... Joel tried to talk to him, several times, and he didn't listen

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

Well, Frost is the right title because after those reviews, Lucas might as well be on an iceberg..

Me neither. I mean it's one thing for Mike to caution him and worry, but Lucas? If nothing else he knows what Joel likes in bed, and it's no innocent 16-year-old! :rolleyes: But even more he's been with Joel for a year, how can he not know he's the most upright guy in Sweden? :facepalm:

I think I need to put some more drama or cliff hangers into my stories, so I can get more reviews. :lol:

I will agree it was envy speak, but still anything else but that.. It was a kid and yes he should know Joel a hell of a lot better...