Perhaps his solutions to things aren't perfect... 

I think this may qualify as the understatement of the month ! :rofl:

I had the same thought/concern, Tim.  Why would Lucas make that offer?  It's far more important for he and Joel to get their closeness back than for Lucas to make Joel like Pierce.  Pierce can go fly up a flagpole for all I care about him.  Lucas would have been better to either take Joel out for an intimate dinner, or if dancing was that important to him..., go themselves.  Now Joel not only has to deal with Pierce, but Lucas's continued divided attention... again.  Ok rant over... 

Yeah, I loved the way you and Gee pointed this out in detail. :yes:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Lucas is a bit of an impulsive, fix-it-all-in-one-go kind of guy. Perhaps his solutions to things aren't perfect...

I didn't really touch on this in my review, but I thought you portrayed this really well. Lucas is stressed, and suddenly the concept of Joel walking out on him is staring him in the face, and so he's begging and trying to fix it all immediately so he doesn't lose the guy he loves. So then he's saying he'll quit right away, whatever he has to do to make this all go away so they can go back to being happy together. I think Lucas made this offer because he's trying to show Joel that he's got nothing to worry about with Pierce, and also to allow them to become friends. It's just as impulsive as his other solutions had been that morning. Hopefully some good will come of it.

• Like 2

I've said it a few times, but I think we need to look at things from Lucas' perspective (which can be hard, since Frost turned out to be Joel's story, speaking of POV). His fix for their relationship being rocky would be to have fun, like they had in the beginning. Deep, meaningful conversations, even if needed, isn't really his thing. 

• Like 2

I get that Lucas was stressed and he’s trying to fix everything at once, but this isn’t what their relationship needs.  Joel is pleading with him for one on one time in this chapter.  I’m hoping he goes to work, has some time to really think about things, now that the immediate threat of Joel leaving him has passed, and decide to just take Joel out, by themselves this time.  He can make nice with Pierce some other time.

• Like 2

I've said it a few times, but I think we need to look at things from Lucas' perspective (which can be hard, since Frost turned out to be Joel's story, speaking of POV). His fix for their relationship being rocky would be to have fun, like they had in the beginning. Deep, meaningful conversations, even if needed, isn't really his thing.

The lack of Lucas's perspective may or may not have been mentioned in a review :P

I can definitely see LL's point about them needing one on one time, they definitely need that. I'm pretty on the fence in my opinion about Lucas's fun idea right now. They definitely need to have some dates as a couple, that always reinforces relationships. If they go out have fun together, see a side of New York that Joel hadn't experiended yet and get all dirty dancing hot for each other, I'm all for it. I'm almost wondering if they'll go there, Pierce might have a couple quick friendly drinks with them and then go on the hunt so to speak. That wouldn't necessarily be harmful to their relationship woes. If that's ALL they do, without the meaningful talks, and real quality time with each other, then they're still in real trouble.

Or if there's some other situation where something negative happens, Joel is left out etc. Well that won't be too good either obviously.

• Like 2

I guess we'll have to use our imagination. Yeah... Just like that...

Yeeeah ... simply poetry in motion ... now if the muse would just give me the words to paint that picture.

• Like 1

Happy to help out, it was worth in the end to suffer through a semester packed full with Schiller. (Actually I liked the theory parts way more than the actual dramas.)

You know, you can create little sub-lists or boxes when you like *cough* INTJ *cough*, I wanted to copy a more elaborate version, but the resolution was too low.

• Like 1